Maltese coins found in circulation OUTSIDE Malta

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Tik Tak
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Tik Tak »

Real nice and shiny coins. I miss those days when all the euros were shining, and we felt we were in foreign country whenever we used money... When will we have a maltese version of EBT? Any volunteer to translate?

And by the way, what about serbo-croatian (spoken in Montenegro) and albanian (spoken in Kosovo), languages of the 2 unilateral euro users? Turkish and Chinese, due to big emigrant communities would probably also be a good idea ;)
debemaks
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by debemaks »

Tik Tak wrote:Real nice and shiny coins. I miss those days when all the euros were shining, and we felt we were in foreign country whenever we used money... When will we have a maltese version of EBT? Any volunteer to translate?

And by the way, what about serbo-croatian (spoken in Montenegro) and albanian (spoken in Kosovo), languages of the 2 unilateral euro users? Turkish and Chinese, due to big emigrant communities would probably also be a good idea ;)
Well... I think that the Maltese language will be available soon, as well as all the stats from Cyprus and Malta on a preferred position.
The matter of the languages I think it's just to find someone to translate in those languages... IMHO I'd prefer to have the UE languages than outside EU languages (Danish, Czech, Estonian, Latvian, Hungarian, Romanian and Bulgaria) :roll: :wink:
I collect and swap 2€ CC, PM for swap!!!!
Do you like card fighting games? Try this one!!
www.palerici.it - Skype: debemaks - my NIG stats
my EBTST stats
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

debemaks wrote:I'd prefer to have the UE languages than outside EU languages (Danish, Czech, Estonian, Latvian, Hungarian, Romanian and Bulgaria) :roll: :wink:
Why?
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
WinstonSmith
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by WinstonSmith »

Why?
Because it's more likely that people who are most interested in the euro are from those states in the Union which still haven't adopted it? 8) [/quote]
Tik Tak
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Tik Tak »

WinstonSmith wrote:
Why?
Because it's more likely that people who are most interested in the euro are from those states in the Union which still haven't adopted it? 8)
I could bet that an Euro user is probably more interested in Euro tracking than a non-Euro user. And certainly there are more Euro users speaking chinese, arab or serbo-croation, than the ones speaking danish or latvian. Anyway, there's even an esperanto version, so I guess the problem is finding the translators, not the number of versions ;)
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

Tik Tak wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:
Why?
Because it's more likely that people who are most interested in the euro are from those states in the Union which still haven't adopted it? 8)
I could bet that an Euro user is probably more interested in Euro tracking than a non-Euro user. And certainly there are more Euro users speaking chinese, arab or serbo-croation, than the ones speaking danish or latvian. Anyway, there's even an esperanto version, so I guess the problem is finding the translators, not the number of versions ;)
Just my thoughts.
The translators for different languages are different people, so do don't interfere with each other.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by melitikus »

a friend spent a whole roll of Maltese 1 EURO coins at the Milano Malpensa airport - so Italians, watch out ! :-)
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ART »

8O
European soul, European pride.
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by melitikus »

i dont know why they said that the banknotes will be borrowed from Italy - i withdrawn money and the banknotes have 'all' the codes - also they are all new

i will put some of them in the database as i spent the rest :-)
hoppa
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by hoppa »

I work at the railwaystation on the airport in Brussels and a collegue of mine recieved allmost the complete set of coins(misses only the 2 cent) yesterday at work. They wont get distributed from there as we all know to many collectors.
it is better not to say anything and let people doubt if you're stupid; then to speak and take the doubt away. - Mark Twain
debemaks
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by debemaks »

Well... telling the truth I didn't find in normal circulation. But I got a full Maltese set directly coming from homeland! I'd say they are absoluting amazing. The very thin "strips" on all the coins but the "coppers" make them very glamour!
The nordic golds are those I like more!!!
I collect and swap 2€ CC, PM for swap!!!!
Do you like card fighting games? Try this one!!
www.palerici.it - Skype: debemaks - my NIG stats
my EBTST stats
LonaPo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LonaPo »

Wish you (coins) were hereeeee!!!!
http://b100w11.sli.si/Lonapo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)

Post by androl »

LonaPo wrote:Wish you (coins) were hereeeee!!!!
I ordered the coins from MT and CY in November and I even got a "acknowledgement of order" for them in December. But they are still not here...
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
LonaPo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LonaPo »

androl wrote:
LonaPo wrote:Wish you (coins) were hereeeee!!!!
I ordered the coins from MT and CY in November and I even got a "acknowledgement of order" for them in December. But they are still not here...
Lucky you! I dindn't know where or how to order them. I know they are seling them for 15€ !!!! :cry:
Perhaps someone from Malta or Cyprus will come to EBTM in Ljubljana :wink:
http://b100w11.sli.si/Lonapo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by melitikus »

So far in Malta the Maltese euro coins still predominate, about 7 out of 10 coins are ‘Maltese’, followed by Italian and then German coins – I had some Belgian, French, Slovenian, Austrian, Spanish and Irish.

pity no Cypriots here to give us some real-time news :(

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”