MALTA - Euro Change-Over Celebrations

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

MALTA - Euro Change-Over Celebrations

Post by melitikus »

Last edited by melitikus on Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

Nice the photos , where they were taken :?:
U choosed as Cyprus 1 month of transition time : CLEVER
Do u know what's going to happen , celebration 4 the full entry :?:
Does the TV and newspaper speak a lot about the € :?: We must try to advertise EBT :!:
Nice Malta coins,I have seen in Verona the 7 of Dec
ciao,andre
YOUTUBE channel, tracker with 25 hits also internationals and searching for the first triple ;0)
Web Designer della web agency WEDESA :flag-it:
girls legs SUPERFAN
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by melitikus »

starcapitan wrote:Nice the photos , where they were taken :?:
U choosed as Cyprus 1 month of transition time : CLEVER
Do u know what's going to happen , celebration 4 the full entry :?:
Does the TV and newspaper speak a lot about the € :?: We must try to advertise EBT :!:
Nice Malta coins,I have seen in Verona the 7 of Dec
ciao,andre
The change-over period started quite long time ago - as this time year ago, the stamps were already showing the euro equivalent on them, then when 2007 started more items started to show EURO (e.g mobile top up cards). Most of the shops by April already had all the items in EURO too and became a must in July when Malta was accepted to adopt the euro. Well all the media talk all the time about the euro, at home we even received a euro convertor calculator per each household, lot of informative papers, news papers about the EURO, EURO centres opened in most of the villages, Books in school change to EURO (since last Sept), lots of activities including EURO village where on that day you can use the EURO and lot of others - i must say the information was a lot

regarding to the photos the first 4 are from the media and shows Valletta - there will be a huge celebration in the Capital on the night

the last 3 photos are mine
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

WOW!!! that's fantastic and very exciting!!

I am eager to recive the Malta coins that I ordered few days ago!!

In Spain (and I imagin that also in France, Portugal, Italy, Germany... etc) we also had the stamps minted both in Euro and pesetas, and books for School were also in Euro...

OH! yeah! and I also remember my "calculator" :lol:
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

I mean : from 1 Feb 08 both Malta & Cyprus will be fully in :arrow: good job :!:
In :flag-it: we had 3 months if I am right :!:
What about the last photo : do the ATM's give already €uro :?:
In :flag-it: we had to wait 1 Gen 02 :!:

ciao,andre

:flag-eu:

@ melitikus
Are you a tracker or want to be :?:
YOUTUBE channel, tracker with 25 hits also internationals and searching for the first triple ;0)
girls legs SUPERFAN
BaliBennie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by BaliBennie »

Melitikus is the only active Maltese user at the moment. He joined today and already entered 24 bills!

A very big welcome to Melitikus, the first active Maltese tracker during the introduction of the Euro in Malta!

Thanks alot for sharing introduction details with our community. Very nice pictures too! I really hope you get hits soon!

Melitikus, I see pictures made by you of a business Eurokit that became available on december 1st. Are you a businessman or shopowner? On the Maltese Euro change-over website I see that ATMs start giving Euros per 1 january 2008. So your last pic must be made outside of Malta or was it manipulated?
Visit my homepage to see my statistics, maps and more!

Look at my 5 years statistics

Er gaat niets boven Groningen EBT
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by melitikus »

BaliBennie wrote:Melitikus is the only active Maltese user at the moment. He joined today and already entered 24 bills!

A very big welcome to Melitikus, the first active Maltese tracker during the introduction of the Euro in Malta!

Thanks alot for sharing introduction details with our community. Very nice pictures too! I really hope you get hits soon!

thanks for your welcome

regarding to the other question - no ATMs do not yet give EURO
that picture was taken from the news saying the all the ATMs in Malta will start to give euro from midnight - so that was a trail :-)
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by melitikus »

BaliBennie wrote:Melitikus is the only active Maltese user at the moment. He joined today and already entered 24 bills!

Melitikus, I see pictures made by you of a business Eurokit that became available on december 1st. Are you a businessman or shopowner? On the Maltese Euro change-over website I see that ATMs start giving Euros per 1 january 2008. So your last pic must be made outside of Malta or was it manipulated?
Im not a businessman nor a shop owner but bank would still give you the pack - of course for it you have to pay more than for a mini-kit but you get the equivalent of in EURO

the picture as i said - the bank was trying to check if the ATMs would be able to dispense EURO on the installation of the software - so it was only a trial :-)))

but people can already get 5EUR banknotes from the bank at no extra charge
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

A very big welcome to melitikus :oops: sorry the search didn't find u :!:
ciao,andre

Just a question if you want to answer otherwise it's the same : Which notes ( which country ) did u entered :?: ancora ciao :arrow: grazie
andrea
girls legs SUPERFAN
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

3 more notes, and you are number one of your (well known :wink: ) city
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by melitikus »

starcapitan wrote:A very big welcome to melitikus :oops: sorry the search didn't find u :!:
ciao,andre

Just a question if you want to answer otherwise it's the same : Which notes ( which country ) did u entered :?: ancora ciao :arrow: grazie
andrea
Greece
Germany
Austria
France
Quizmaster
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Quizmaster »

melitikus wrote:
starcapitan wrote:A very big welcome to melitikus :oops: sorry the search didn't find u :!:
ciao,andre

andrea
Greece
Germany
Austria
France
Can you please tell us what was the condition of the notes? (All brand new or otherwise?) :)
My Profile
-> If you carry notes with you to a distant location, why not use the comment field to tell us (roughly) where they went? <-
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by melitikus »

Quizmaster wrote:
melitikus wrote:
ciao,andre

andrea
Greece
Germany
Austria
France
Can you please tell us what was the condition of the notes? (All brand new or otherwise?) :)
most of them look new, only 2 of them look used
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

Thanks for the info melitikus. I hope Malta starts to use circulated notes (comming from NBB) :wink: so the Maltese hit ratio will be nice from the start.
melitikus
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by melitikus »

regarding to the coins - lot of people are saying that once they go into circulation they will be diffused all around the eurozone and it will be rare to spot them in Malta - do you believe that this will happen? i hope not but im sure we will start to see more German coins than Maltese

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”