Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

tng11
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Re: Euro notes from the ATMs

Post by tng11 »

This shall be my first post:

So far in Wien I've encountered the following combinations:
:note-5: :note-10: :note-100: (Can choose up to 30x5 with this machine!)
:note-10: :note-20: :note-50: :note-100: (Foyer ATMs of some banks and you can choose bills too)
:note-10: :note-50: :note-100:
:note-10: :note-100: (most Bankomats are like this)
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

Wow!

I'm never given a :note-100: when using ATM's (nor :note-5: ) at least in my bank. :!:
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
Dawizz
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dawizz »

Jes wrote:Wow!

I'm never given a :note-100: when using ATM's (nor :note-5: ) at least in my bank. :!:
Same here Jes you only get from ATM :note-10: :note-20: and some times, very far apart :note-5: I ahve never gotten :note-5: from an ATM, :note-50: :note-100: and up, well you have to go inside when the baks is open, and ask the teller for this kind of bills. Of if they have any!!! here in Cartaxo big bills mean :note-100: no higher!! I remember the history of a friend (before my EBT days) he and I went to a bank and he got from his account 5000€ and they wanted to give everything in :note-20: ´s 8O 8O 8O my friend said hell no I want :note-200: and :note-500: sorry we don´t have have that many big bills right now, come back before 3pm or better yet tomorrow 8O so sad. Btw this took place not in a small corner street bank. Nope it took place in one of the top 3 Portuguese banks!
Born too late to explore the Globe. Born too early to explore the Stars. Born just in time to see the World implode.
R/J
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by R/J »

Even here (though it is most likely mentioned before in this topic), up to :note-50: all bills are common, and you can get all of them from ATMs. But I must say that :note-5:s are generally found only in the ATMs of the Rabobank and occasionally (especially in supermarkets) there are ATMs without even :note-10:. But :note-100: and up, you almost never see (in normal circulation, but I guess they are a little more common for EBT'ers), although there are ATMs that have them. Even :note-200: you can get from ATMs, generally in the lobby of the bank building. And there are even a few (apparently there are three known) ATMs in the Netherlands that give you :note-500:. (I live near them, so I might use them some time, just to get to see one.)
My NIG stats have finally disappeared. My EBTST stats are still available.
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

In the Netherlands there are Fortis ATMs that give :note-5: to :note-100: , but these are only to be found inside Fortis branches (except for one).

Foreigners shouldn't have high expectations from Rabobank ATMs, since these don't give foreigners the option to choose how to get paid out by the ATM, it only pays out in the highest denominations possible (up to :note-50: ). I don't know whether Fortis ATMs with :note-5: give foreigners the option to choose how to get paid out. With my Dutch cards I can withdraw f.e. €165,= in 11x :note-10: and 11x :note-5: from these Fortis ATMs.
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
zabaks

Post by zabaks »

In Vienna 400 is maximum, ATMs are sorta unified (they are all the same, a particular bank doesnot have its "own" ATMs).
On weekdays 400 is 100+100+100+50+50
On weekends its 4x100
Never tryed withdrawing another amount.
tng11
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by tng11 »

zabaks wrote:In Vienna 400 is maximum, ATMs are sorta unified (they are all the same, a particular bank doesnot have its "own" ATMs).
On weekdays 400 is 100+100+100+50+50
On weekends its 4x100
Never tryed withdrawing another amount.
Not completely true. If you go to the ATMs in the foyer of banks they tend to give more smaller bills and there may be a higher withdrawal limit. For instance I can withdraw 3000 everyday with Erste Bank from its own ATMs (but only 400 a day from regular ATMs). And yes I can get it all at once, the machine just gives out 30 x :note-100: .

Once when I used a Raiffeisen foyer ATM to get 400 I got the following:
3 x :note-50:
7 x :note-20:
11 x :note-10:
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

can get a max of 5 :note-500: a day out of an atm ( but i rather go after :note-5: )
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

maarsy wrote:can get a max of 5 :note-500: a day out of an atm
8O That's rather impressive!! Wow!
maarsy wrote:( but i rather go after :note-5: )
:roll:
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
zabaks

Post by zabaks »

"I can withdraw 3000 everyday with Erste Bank from its own ATMs (but only 400 a day from regular ATMs)"

OK, interestng to know. My "Vienna experiences" are limited to BAWAG only. Arme Auslander, was soll ich wissen... They (BAWAG) appear not to bother with any special "own" ATMs, at least in Simmerng.
Dawizz
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dawizz »

Jes wrote:
maarsy wrote:can get a max of 5 :note-500: a day out of an atm
8O That's rather impressive!! Wow!
maarsy wrote:( but i rather go after :note-5: )
:roll:
With more bills more hits you can have :) but I prefer the big fish :note-500: I like them cuz of the color :lol:
Born too late to explore the Globe. Born too early to explore the Stars. Born just in time to see the World implode.
maarsy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by maarsy »

i get the :note-500: and change them into :note-5: at a bank

how dous that sound
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Current situation in Portugal:
  • In the interbank network (Multibanco), ATM's usually carry :note-10: and :note-20: whilst :note-5: and :note-50: are also possible to find.
In general, it can be said that :note-10: and :note-20: are the rule and :note-5: and :note-50: are the exception, because Multibanco ATM's are much more prevalent than the others (although in certain areas it may not look like it). Any other denomination is pretty much unheard of (I've read one or two convincing testimonies about ATM's carrying :note-100: at some point, but I haven't heard of such a thing in a long time).

The combinations are as follows:

MULTIBANCO
Image Image

Most machines
:note-10: :note-20:

Machines which carry fivers
:note-5: :note-20: - most cases
:note-5: :note-10: or :note-5: :note-10: :note-20: - fewer cases

Machines which carry fifties
:note-10: :note-20: :note-50: - most cases
:note-20: :note-50: or :note-10: :note-50: - fewer cases

:note-5: :note-10: :note-20: :note-50: - a Multibanco ATM containing all four denominations is as rare as a four leaf clover, but there are a few on record

ATM EXPRESS

:note-20: :note-50: - most cases
:note-10: :note-20: - fewer cases

CASHZONE

:note-10: :note-20: :note-50:

EURONET WORLDWIDE

:note-20: :note-50:
Last edited by Montgomery Burns on Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:53 am, edited 13 times in total.
bzajc
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by bzajc »

Thank you for that Montgomery Burns. I was just wondering the same thing before my vacation in Portugal starts next week.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

I'm glad to hear it. If you're going to spend some time in Lisbon, I suggest you go through this thread. Even if you are not going to Lisbon, there is information there regarding banks, ATM's and postal codes that are valid for the entire country. :flag-pt:

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”