US quarter-dollar coins similar to euro

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Fons, Phaseolus

htb
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by htb » Sun Mar 17, 2002 1:47 pm

I just checked my coins left over from my last trip and to my surprise I found state quarters of SC and NC. I think I will start collecting them.

micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by micro » Sat Mar 23, 2002 4:51 am

esperantisto wrote: quarters ... move south ... move west ...
I think the coins are issued in the order in which the states historically entered the union. Am I right?

BTW: Thanx for the linx!
Seems that the Canadian coins are quite different from euro coins and US quarters as they don't match provinces or states but some rather esoteric stuff.

esperantisto
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by esperantisto » Sat Mar 23, 2002 9:00 pm

you are correct. but that follozs for the most part the south and west thing.

A Canadian

Canadian money

Post by A Canadian » Sat May 18, 2002 5:32 pm

The Royal Canadian Mint issued quarters with the provences on it in 1992 to commemerate the 125th Anniversary of Confederation. The millenium coins were made to commemerate Canada crossing the millemium. The 1999 edition had the name of the month in English and French and a drawing from a national compition. The 2000 quarters had the theme of the coin on it in English and French and another drawing. In 2001 the dimes had a special picture to commemerate the International Year of Volenters. This year, the penny, nickel, dime, and quarter have no date on the front, but the date 1952-2002 under the queens head to commemerate her Golden Jubilee. A special 50-cent coin was also made to commemerate the Jubilee. I hope that this clears up anything about Canadian coins.

If you have any ore questions e-mail me at: kaiser_matias_der_erste@hotmail.com

A Canadian

Post by A Canadian » Sat May 18, 2002 5:32 pm

The Royal Canadian Mint issued quarters with the provences on it in 1992 to commemerate the 125th Anniversary of Confederation. The millenium coins were made to commemerate Canada crossing the millemium. The 1999 edition had the name of the month in English and French and a drawing from a national compition. The 2000 quarters had the theme of the coin on it in English and French and another drawing. In 2001 the dimes had a special picture to commemerate the International Year of Volenters. This year, the penny, nickel, dime, and quarter have no date on the front, but the date 1952-2002 under the queens head to commemerate her Golden Jubilee. A special 50-cent coin was also made to commemerate the Jubilee. I hope that this clears up anything about Canadian coins.

If you have any ore questions e-mail me at: kaiser_matias_der_erste@hotmail.com

Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Canadian money

Post by Olivier » Sat May 18, 2002 11:19 pm

A Canadian wrote: This year, the penny, nickel, dime, and quarter have no date on the front, but the date 1952-2002 under the queens head to commemerate her Golden Jubilee. A special 50-cent coin was also made to commemerate the Jubilee. I hope that this clears up anything about Canadian coins.
Nice!! I have to collect them as soon as I go back there! :-)
Do you think there will be other special coins next year?

Olivier

Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier » Sat May 18, 2002 11:20 pm

A Canadian wrote: A special 50-cent coin was also made to commemerate the Jubilee. I hope that this clears up anything about Canadian coins.
By the way, I like your new notes!!
When will the new 5$ come out?

O.

esperantisto
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by esperantisto » Sun May 19, 2002 6:15 pm

I just saw a pic of the new $5 CAN yesterday - very cool!

A Canadian

Post by A Canadian » Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:53 am

The new $5 came out in the end of April. They look cool but I prefer the Birds series.(The ones before)

A Canadian

Post by A Canadian » Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:56 am

I dought that commemerative coins will be out next year, but if you want to get this years coins, go to a Royal Bank of Canada (ask around to find one) and ask for some of the coins from this year. They will give you some.

Saaropean
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Canadian coins

Post by Saaropean » Wed Jun 05, 2002 11:45 am

I had my first $5 note at the end of April. I love its backside after having spent a winter in Canada...

There are several special coin series:
- In 1992, 12 coins representing the provinces and territories were issued.
- In 1999, there was one special coin per month. I don't know what they represented.
- In 2000, the Royal Canadian Mint issued 12 coins with certain mottos: pride, ingenuity, achievement, health, natural legacy, harmony, celebration, family, wisdom, creativity, freedom and community

I've got them all. :-)

There were also two special $2 coins: one for the creation of Nunavut (the Inuit territory) in 1999 and one called "path of knowledge" in 2000.

But I've never seen any 50 cent coins.

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”