New Presidential Coins

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

rangitoto
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

New Presidential Coins

Post by rangitoto »

On http://dig4coins.com/news/latest/new-20 ... ation.html I have recently read some news stating that each 3 months, starting February 14, new presidential coins will be issued; valuing 1 dollar. The first presidential coin was James Monroe’s, featuring his image on the obverse. It was the 5th president of USA. After 3 months, the 6th president will be incrusted on the next dollar coin. This procedure will be repeated 2 more times for the 7th and 8th, till November 13. It is an interesting method of putting in circulation valuable coins. In some time these coins will be an interesting material for collecting. It’s a pity they issued only 4 presidents… very few.
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)

Re: New Presidential Coins

Post by androl »

this message of you sounds somehow strange to me. It looks to me as if you were writing this to a US-American audience, mentioning "the presidential coins" without "USA" and "putting in circulation", like we could use them
also, all of your 4 messages on this forum so far have included a link to the site dig4coins.com or coinsdig.com. Are you addicted to that site? :o

by the way, both sites do not load from my computer :?
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

Well, the above link works fine here, but I do not see the connection to euro notes/coins either. Actually, pretty much any site that divides the globe into "US" and "world" (plus ancients or so maybe) is probably US based. ;) And as for why they issue "only" four of them per year - well, those $1 pieces do not circulate that much, so they are primarily made for collectors, I think. As a collector I sure would not want "my" mint to make dozens of different presidential dollars within a few months ...

Christian
suntzu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by suntzu »

An interesting collection
:flag-pt: :flag-fi: :flag-fr: :flag-si: :flag-nl: :flag-de: :flag-at: :flag-es: hitting since March 2007
Anti-Stress Game
debemaks
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by debemaks »

suntzu wrote:An interesting collection
I collect them as well as euro coins, till now I've 36 and everytime I hear about someone going to the US I use to give him the missing list!!!

PS:if anyone likes to swap I've many doubles!!!! :wink:
I collect and swap 2€ CC, PM for swap!!!!
Do you like card fighting games? Try this one!!
www.palerici.it - Skype: debemaks - my NIG stats
my EBTST stats
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

So now this is about US state quarters now? :) Yes, those I have - every coin that has been issued so far (48; AK and HI are not available yet). And I will also try and get next year's territorial quarters.

The $1 coins with the presidents I don't find that interesting. Got the first four (issued last year) because of the novelty effect. But as they don't really circulate anyway ...

Christian
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

I collect them as well as euro coins, till now I've 36 and everytime I hear about someone going to the US I use to give him the missing list!!!

PS:if anyone likes to swap I've many doubles!!!! :wink:[/quote]

Ciao Debemaks! :wink: I have South Dakota and Utah in double... are you interested?

I still miss the folowing State Quarters:

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
California
Columbia
Dellaware
Hawaii
Illinois
Indiana
Kansas
Kentuky
Maryland
Michigan
New Mexico
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Washington

:wink:
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”