3rd common commemorative 2-euro coin, 10 years of euro cash

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Fons, Phaseolus

androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)

3rd common commemorative 2-euro coin, 10 years of euro cash

Post by androl » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:42 am

In 2012, there will probably be the third common commemorative issue of all the euro countries, celebrating 10 years of introduction of euro banknotes and coins

http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAct ... %2F11%2F22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
6a. A common commemorative coin issuance for 10 years of euro cash (AAT)

Since some years it is standard practice that euro-area Member States together issue a commemorative euro coin with a common design to celebrate particularly important events.

On 1 January 2012 it will be 10 years since the introduction of euro banknotes and coins, which is a natural and obvious occasion for all euro-area countries to issue a common coin. Council will be asked to endorse the issuance in 2012, by all euro-area Member States, of a commemorative 2-euro circulation coin with a common design to mark 10 years of euro cash.
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."

starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: 3rd common commemorative 2-euro coin, 10 years of euro cash

Post by starcapitan » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:17 am

i hope in a referendum online like EMU 10 years ( when totally won the best design in my modest opinion )
FB profilo , 24 hits anche internationals, searching for the first triple ;0)
Segnalatore del 1° tracciatore di Liegi e di Varazze
girls legs SUPERFAN

ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ART » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:14 am

Good initiative: it will be useful in order to remember that the euro is born in 1999 and not in 2002, as many believe still today.
European soul, European pride.

tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:10 am

Depends on the design and the inscription of such a commem. If it says anything like "2002 EURO 2012", that would even reinforce the idea that the first three years of the euro do not count ...

In theory a design competition would be nice, agreed. But judging from the bad experience with the last piece, I am not sure whether this is actually the best way to determine a winner.

Christian

starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:00 pm

tabbs wrote: But judging from the bad experience with the last piece, I am not sure whether this is actually the best way to determine a winner.
I think that the best one won last time . I like it very much and I also think it is a milestone in human history . Why do you think so ?
Ciao my friend
FB profilo , 24 hits anche internationals, searching for the first triple ;0)
Segnalatore del 1° tracciatore di Liegi e di Varazze
girls legs SUPERFAN

tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:10 pm

Last time the names of the designers, and where they were from, were supposed to be kept secret until after the end of the vote. The idea was (as far as I know) that people should actually vote for a design, not for other reasons. However, towards the end of the voting period there were, all of a sudden, those e-mail and forum messages in Greek that basically said people should vote for design #2 as that was Greek. :roll: http://forum.eurobilltracker.com/viewto ... 5&start=63" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since the overall participation was not exactly overwhelming - the European Union has a population of about 500 million, and 142,000 voted - , even one single TV show or major newspaper article could easily influence the result. Well, the winning design in 2009 was not all that bad, but I preferred a different one. The one that, before this little campaign began, was ahead ...

Christian

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”