Greece 2003 : 1ct, 2ct, 1€
Austria 2003 : 1ct, 2ct, 5ct, 20ct, 50ct, 2€
Germany 2003 : 2ct ADFGJ, 10ct ADFGJ, 20ct ADG, 50ct J, 1€ AJ, 2€ AFGJ

Austria 2004 : 1ct
Belgium 2004 : 2ct, 5ct, 2€
Luxemburg 2004 : 2ct, 20ct

Greetings
pastaarribiata 8)
Congratulations! But it's a pity that due to this coins are not roulating any more :( If everyone starts collecting foreign coins like this, they will never diffuse! Why don't you write down the coins you've had and start spending them, so the spreading won't be disturbed.
Reality is an illusion
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Coins of 2003 + 2004

Post by Dakkus »

JWP wrote: Congratulations! But it's a pity that due to this coins are not roulating any more :( If everyone starts collecting foreign coins like this, they will never diffuse! Why don't you write down the coins you've had and start spending them, so the spreading won't be disturbed.
Actually that's probably not that much of a problem.
Only one coin per value/country/year combination is kept. When the collector gets another one of the same kind, he'll spend it.
Of course this makes the diffusion a bit more sluggish, but I wouldn't see that as such a problem.

BTW, Today I got for my first 2€ coin with a certain king on it. Certain king who doesn't make a coin look actually beautiful, to be exact ;)
I'm going to let that coin go, as I'm not a collector :)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
JWP
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by JWP »

Dakkus wrote:
Actually that's probably not that much of a problem.
Only one coin per value/country/year combination is kept. When the collector gets another one of the same kind, he'll spend it.
Of course this makes the diffusion a bit more sluggish, but I wouldn't see that as such a problem.
Ok, that's for one person. But if someone receives a rare coin he keeps him for him/herself or gives to another, everybody knows someone who collects euro's. Thus due to all these 'collectors' (and I mean thousands of them) it can very well be noticed. I don't think it's a uge problem, I have seen worse things :wink: but I only think it's a pity.
Reality is an illusion
Senior
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Senior »

I'm a con collector myself, and I'm not that interested in the euro-diffusion. The main point here is that if countries produces loads of exactly the same coins (say 100 million of a certain type and year) for circulation, and put small numbers of the other years only is special BU sets, the amount of coins withdrawn from circulation by collectors will be quite small. The actual situation is that certain coins are made for circulation in small quantities only. The effect is that all of these coins will end up in (swapping)collections. In case there are 5 million collectors who collect by year at least 20 million coins should be put into circulation to avoid their massive disappearance, for every collector will put some doubles of a rare type aside for swapping. If the amount of a certain coin is obviously so high that every collector can get it easily, there will be no collectors who'll find it interesting to keep some doubles since they can't use them for swapping.
The various national banks unfortunately seem to think otherwise (striking various coins only in small circulation qualities), thus creating a massive hunt for those coins. If coins struck in small quantities would all be used solely for BU-sets the whole situation would be very different.
Greetings,

Senior
Do you have information about euro variants? Tell me!
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

Dakkus wrote:BTW, Today I got for my first 2€ coin with a certain king on it. Certain king who doesn't make a coin look actually beautiful, to be exact ;)
I'm going to let that coin go, as I'm not a collector :)
Definitely Belgium! :twisted:
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
Fjon
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fjon »

If anyone's still interested, I have found a couple of Irish 2004 1c
Schaza
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Schaza »

fjon wrote:If anyone's still interested, I have found a couple of Irish 2004 1c
ME!
Gauss
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Gauss »

In circulation since at least yesterday:
Germany, 2 EUR, 2004, mint mark A (Berlin).
Fundamental
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fundamental »

The finnish 2004 coins has arrived :) One guy seel the whole set for 11€.. I just order all the rolls for price 218€.. The mintage you can see end of this year and then i will see if I have any rare rolls..
Schaza
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Schaza »

Fundamental wrote:The finnish 2004 coins has arrived :) One guy seel the whole set for 11€.. I just order all the rolls for price 218€.. The mintage you can see end of this year and then i will see if I have any rare rolls..
Not yet... 3 days left. That guy sells those to all who does reservation with web-auction (www.huuto.net?). I just mailed with him about 12 hours ago.
Fundamental
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fundamental »

Schaza wrote:
Fundamental wrote:The finnish 2004 coins has arrived :) One guy seel the whole set for 11€.. I just order all the rolls for price 218€.. The mintage you can see end of this year and then i will see if I have any rare rolls..
Not yet... 3 days left. That guy sells those to all who does reservation with web-auction (www.huuto.net?). I just mailed with him about 12 hours ago.
Yeah that is true.. i've bought coins for this guy several times.. Very nice guy and always good deals :)
Schaza
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Schaza »

Fundamental wrote: Yeah that is true.. i've bought coins for this guy several times.. Very nice guy and always good deals :)
I haven't done any deals with him, but i think he's ok, what i can suppose by mails.
Fundamental
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Fundamental »

One other guy seel the 2004 set for price 7,5€! I ask also him how much he would ask for every 2004 roll.. haven't answer yet...
Ralf
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Ralf »

I know a man who sell all the 8 rolls UNC for 199 euro when you are intrested in his mailaddress please send me a pm.
I am intrested for a set a 7,50

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”