2€ "10 Years €uromoney"

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Fons, Phaseolus

DBpbzfa766
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

2€ "10 Years €uromoney"

Post by DBpbzfa766 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Look here, this are the New 2€ Coin from all Eurocountries to celebrate 10 Years of Euromoney.
I find it very good, from the Artwork :) ^^
Manche Männer bemühen sich lebenslang, das Wesen einer Frau zu verstehen. Andere befassen sich mit weniger schwierigen Dingen z.B. der Relativitätstheorie. :D
Meine Scheine die ich auf dem zug bekomme werden immer an dem letzten abgefahrenen Bahnhof eingegeben
dazu schreib ich immer die Zugnummer und den Laufweg damit das besser nach zu voll ziehen ist
es grüßt "der Steuerwagen" ;)

tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: 2€ "10 Years €uromoney"

Post by tabbs » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:09 pm

Yes, the design is better than that of the 2009 "stickman" piece. That winning design, and the ones that did not make it, have been mentioned here: http://forum.eurobilltracker.com/viewto ... 15#p882014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The actual coins look a little different, by the way. Below is the German piece; have a look at the houses and trees for example. Some more info (and a larger image) is at http://www.zwei-euro.com/news/artikel/a ... -2012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Christian

gille
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by gille » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:30 pm

I saw on this website that every country has a full name on the coins except Belgium:

Is the place too small for BELGIE - BELGIQUE - BELGIEN?
Brand new website: #IceBucketChallenge Videos

tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:33 pm

Guess there would be enough space; see the German coin which has the full country name - and that is even longer than the three "Belgium" versions. :) Then again, this is exactly what this year's Belgian €2 commem (Women's Day) looks like: with the "BE", the mintmaster sign and the mintmark which, combined, look like four characters. And that is just as short or long as "Eire" on the Irish pieces ...

Christian

gille
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by gille » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:29 am

Maybe, but I hope there will be a coin with 3x Belgium.
Brand new website: #IceBucketChallenge Videos

yli
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by yli » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:08 am

It looks like Europe is now the whole World ? :|

I agree that BE isn't a name of a country.........It should be in all the three national languages.
Jelle zonder internet. Het was een leuke hobby, maar niet mijn hobby. Een leven zonder internet is mijn ding. Een leven van geld uitgeven in plaats van tracken zeg maar.... hahaha. Ja, er mag gelachen worden.
Inloggen op site lukt niet meer, maakt niet uit. Ik snap toch niets van nieuwe biljetten :lol:

Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:55 am

I will have the Spanish version of this coin available for swap. (Once issued, of course).

Is anyone interested in a swap for any other countries' version? I am specially interested on coins from Luxembourg, Malta and Finland.
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)

tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:44 pm

yli wrote:It looks like Europe is now the whole World ? :|
Nah, but Andexlinger wanted to show that it is about much more than just one country - and repeating the map from the common side was not an option. :mrgreen:
I agree that BE isn't a name of a country.........It should be in all the three national languages.
Fabrizio Annovi ("frizio") who also posts here from time to time, showed what that could look like:
http://www.webalice.it/annovi.frizio/co ... 12-bel.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Then again, the Belgian circulation coins (2008-today) use the ISO country abbreviation "BE" too. The Braille (2009) and, as I mentioned, Women's Day (2011) €2 commems have "BE" as well. The two previous common issues (2007 and 2009) and the EU Presidency commem (2010) used the "three languages" variety.

Side note: Recent Belgian collector coins (gold and silver) do have the three versions of the country name. But when it comes to what the pieces are about, the mint often resorts to English. Not that much better methinks ...

Christian

tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Jes wrote:Is anyone interested in a swap for any other countries' version? I am specially interested on coins from Luxembourg, Malta and Finland.
I will have the German version, but that should be easy to get anyway. ;) Luxembourg I am interested in as well, also because the center depicts both the euro symbol and the grand duke, depending on how you look at the piece.

Christian

Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:06 pm

tabbs wrote:
Jes wrote:Is anyone interested in a swap for any other countries' version? I am specially interested on coins from Luxembourg, Malta and Finland.
I will have the German version, but that should be easy to get anyway. ;) Luxembourg I am interested in as well, also because the center depicts both the euro symbol and the grand duke, depending on how you look at the piece.

Christian
If I get extra coins from Spain, I will reserve one of them for you ;)
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”