Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

micdab
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Swiss Franc Tracking

Post by micdab »

Hello,

I am living and studying in Lausanne, Switzerland. I often travel to the EU and try to register most of the bills that cross my hands :) My nickname in eurobilltracker is 'micdab'.

As the date of Switzerland's joining the UE is not exactly around the corner :) the euro is not used here. There is a separate site for tracking Swiss Francs (http://www.cashfollow.ch) and I use it under the nickname 'mic'.

Unfortunately, there is very VERY little traffic on cashfollow! So: if you are living in Switzerland, if you travel to Switzerland or know someone who does, please tell them about it! Thanks!

Greetings!
mic
my bill maps - i'm proud of them! :)
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Swiss Franc Tracking

Post by Olivier »

micdab wrote:Hello,

I am living and studying in Lausanne, Switzerland. I often travel to the EU and try to register most of the bills that cross my hands :) My nickname in eurobilltracker is 'micdab'.

As the date of Switzerland's joining the UE is not exactly around the corner :) the euro is not used here. There is a separate site for tracking Swiss Francs (http://www.cashfollow.ch) and I use it under the nickname 'mic'.

Unfortunately, there is very VERY little traffic on cashfollow! So: if you are living in Switzerland, if you travel to Switzerland or know someone who does, please tell them about it! Thanks!

Greetings!
mic
Hi mic!

Welcome among us! It's nice to see other people playing from no EU countries!
Could you tell us if the euro is accepted in some areas? Do the tourists have all to change their cash into swiss francs?

I don't have any swiss francs to track, but I'm going to take a peek at your site!

Argh! Switzeland is before Canada in top Country / user! 8O

Olivier
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

micdab wrote:There is a separate site for tracking Swiss Francs (http://www.cashfollow.ch)
Is there a french version of the site? Or an english one?
micdab
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by micdab »

Salut Olivier and others,

There is an English version of www.cashfollow.ch but it's poorly developed. I had to learn some German to be able to use the site :)

Euros are accepted just about anywhere in Switzerland, even in ticket machines and payphones. But let me advise you: when you come to CH, change your money! The exchange rate they give you is not so good. For example, if one euro is worth 1,55 CHF, the stores will usually only offer 1.40 for each euro. AND, you get the change in Swiss francs.

There was one time I witnessed a French guy trying to buy a sandwich at the train station in Geneva. The sandwich cost something like 4 Swiss fracs and the guy wanted to pay with a 500 euro bill! Seriously! The saleswoman didn't accept it because she was scared. But the guy was going to get the change in Swiss francs and lose like 50 euros on the transaction! :)

Anyway, greetings from Lausanne,
mic

PS. BTW Olivier, I've looked at your website many times in the past. I'm half-Canadian, i spent a lot of years in Montreal :)
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

micdab wrote:PS. BTW Olivier, I've looked at your website many times in the past. I'm half-Canadian, i spent a lot of years in Montreal :)
Really? :D :D
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

The website to track Swiss Francs is already in the links section at EBT for a long time, but too bad I saw that link just one week after I went to Italy via Switzerland last year.
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Donald »

micdab wrote:There is a separate site for tracking Swiss Francs (http://www.cashfollow.ch)
Now you're tellin'! :( I have just been to Switzerland, I spent 873 sfr there, but now I only have 1 note of 20 sfr left in my wallet. Anyway, I'll be back some day and enter more notes. In the meantime I'll exchange my 20 sfr note with a colleague, who'll go to Bad Ragaz before the end of this year.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Let it be known that CashFollow has been in the EBT links section for more than a year, it was added there right after I found out about the site. They're also linking back to EBT on their front page, which is of course nice.

It's a bit unfortunate that the site hasn't really grown as it could have. They surely have the potential for it considering that there are over 7 million people living in Switzerland. Perhaps this thread gives them a small boost :wink:
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
!Pretfles!
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by !Pretfles! »

I've entered some sterling notes in doshtracker tonight because I'll be in London next weekend.

though there is a link from ebt to them I didn't see any link back to ebt,
there seemed to be some kind of link to a german mark tracking site, which obviously doen't work anymore
My Flickr
Personal Blog
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
('.)_('.) webpage to help him gain world domination.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

!Pretfles! wrote:though there is a link from ebt to them I didn't see any link back to ebt, there seemed to be some kind of link to a german mark tracking site, which obviously doen't work anymore
I wrote this in January to someone: "As for DoshTracker, I think that at some point of time the webmaster of that site had registered a domain name that looked like a yet another Euro tracking site and thus didn't want to link to EBT. It seems that those plans didn't ever materialize, though. Note that for some reason there are no links on DoshTracker to any Euro tracking site. I've added the link anyway and I sent an email to the DT webmaster inquiring about adding a link to EBT. If he adds a link, good, but if not, well, I don't really mind."

Obviously DT doesn't want to link to us, I won't waste my time trying to encourage the DT webmaster to link to us.
Last edited by avij on Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
micdab
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by micdab »

avij wrote:Let it be known that CashFollow has been in the EBT links section for more than a year, it was added there right after I found out about the site. They're also linking back to EBT on their front page, which is of course nice.

It's a bit unfortunate that the site hasn't really grown as it could have. They surely have the potential for it considering that there are over 7 million people living in Switzerland. Perhaps this thread gives them a small boost :wink:
yes - it was in the links section of EBT that i first found CashFollow :)

i guess the reason tracking hasn't (yet) grown in CH is the lack of media attention. my hope is that one day someone will mention it in the swiss media and then it'll take off the same way that EBT seems to get a boost every time it gets media coverage in a particular country.

mic
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Donald »

avij wrote:Let it be known that CashFollow has been in the EBT links section for more than a year, it was added there right after I found out about the site. They're also linking back to EBT on their front page, which is of course nice.
I just didn't notice CashFollow, I only remembered the sites for US and Canadian Dollars, Swedish Crowns, Yens and Sterlings.
A suggestion: Put the corresponding national flags next to the links, it would help simple minds like me to memorize what is available on the net.
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

I entered some notes (older notes btw) some months ago. I never quite come to Switserland... I can only hope that I can go as a youth leader next summer to CH. This year, I stayed in Belgium...
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)

Post by androl »

the http://www.cashfollow.ch/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; site seems to have a problem at the moment, I only get a No input file specified. error message when visiting any page. This first occured two days ago after I got an e-mail about two private messages, which I couldn't read then.

So if the sender reads this,... I'm here
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Anyone know anything about the site? I noticed it was down about two weeks ago. It would be a pity to see it gone forever.

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”