New 5-euro bill!

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Fons, Phaseolus

tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: New 5-euro bill!

Post by tabbs » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:28 pm

dserrano5 wrote:So if the letters denote the printer, we lose the information regarding the commissioning country.
Correct. :)
However this information was pretty useless because notes were frequently pooled elsewhere, so all in all it's not a big loss.
Agreed. If each and every national central bank still had "its own" notes printed, it would have been sad to see those country (or NCB) codes go. But the way the notes are ordered, produced and issued is quite different today, so the new system is fine with me.

By the way, if you currently are in Madrid, you could still visit the New Face of the Euro exhibition. Mentioned it here before, and it will be open until 12 May ...

Christian

Craft
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Craft » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Montgomery Burns wrote:I will have to set one aside to put in an envelope I have with notes from January of 2002. :)
I'll do the same :) (except that instead of an envelope I'll put it in a banknote collection folder with plastic sleeves). Several of my first notes from 2002 are a bit rare ones since they are from the Finnish printer Setec (D/L) who stopped printing banknotes a couple of years later.

GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:31 pm

Any new :note-5: ers which turned up until now? I know it`s a bit early, but I`d like to know(and of course, I`d like to know when I(with some 2-3 bank notes/day) can find some in normal ciculation :D ). Furthermore, there are some users entering serveral hundered bank notes per week, so they might tell.
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:

Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns » Thu May 02, 2013 6:44 pm

Yup, they're popping up here and there. I suggest you follow this thread, one of the busiest at the moment:

:arrow: http://forum.eurobilltracker.com/viewto ... 7#p1019307" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo » Thu May 02, 2013 7:04 pm

GWR7007 wrote:Any new :note-5: ers which turned up until now? I know it`s a bit early, but I`d like to know(and of course, I`d like to know when I(with some 2-3 bank notes/day) can find some in normal ciculation :D ). Furthermore, there are some users entering serveral hundered bank notes per week, so they might tell.
Up to this moment 2,800 notes printed in 5 different printers were registered by 35 users in 9 countries. You may like to check this list maintained by avij while it lasts (sometime later today it will be deleted).

tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs » Tue May 28, 2013 12:21 pm

The traveling exhibition about the new euro banknotes ("The New Face of the Euro") can now be visited in Bratislava, Slovakia until the end of June. Opening hours: Mon-Fri 8-15 h. Address: Národná Banka Slovenska, Imricha Karvaša 1, Bratislava.
http://www.nbs.sk/en/press/all-press-re ... bratislava" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Christian

androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)

Post by androl » Thu May 30, 2013 12:29 am

finally they published the meaning of the new letters
http://www.ecb.int/euro/banknotes/html/index.en.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Tab "Design elements"

in return, they removed the old printer code table :mrgreen:
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."

Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes » Thu May 30, 2013 8:52 pm

androl wrote:finally they published the meaning of the new letters
http://www.ecb.int/euro/banknotes/html/index.en.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Tab "Design elements"

in return, they removed the old printer code table :mrgreen:
Thanks for the link! :D
Meanung of leters in the Europa series' serial number
Meanung of leters in the Europa series' serial number
Kuala Lumpur.jpg (123.95 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
Attachments
Europa series' serial number meaning
Europa series' serial number meaning
Kuala Lumpur.jpg (123.95 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”