ECB Survey: Banknote Quality etc.

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Fons, Phaseolus

tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

ECB Survey: Banknote Quality etc.

Post by tabbs » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:48 am

The European Central Bank currently has a few questions for you. :) At the ECB website there is a survey "on the quality of euro banknotes in circulation", with questions about the overall condition of the €50 and the new €5 notes, about your preferred means of payment, etc. Have a look here: http://www.ecb.europa.eu/euro/banknotes ... ty.en.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Christian

HBoZ
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: ECB Survey: Banknote Quality etc.

Post by HBoZ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Nice short survey . By giving 'good' answers questions 3 and 5 were left behind. ..

dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:46 am

Warning for privacy freaks: questions 7, 8, 9 and 10 are irrelevant (gender, country, age, occupation). Don't start taking this survey if you don't want to answer those.

HBoZ
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by HBoZ » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:57 pm

Q3and 5 are questions if you answer acceptable quality or less.

@ds5 there are other concerns about your privacy ,you re only to vote once per IP :-)

HBoZ
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by HBoZ » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:57 pm

*double*

MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:08 am

dserrano5 wrote:Warning for privacy freaks: questions 7, 8, 9 and 10 are irrelevant (gender, country, age, occupation). Don't start taking this survey if you don't want to answer those.
How is this a privacy issue? Did you have to enter any identifiable points about yourself (like name, address, e-mail, social security number) or do you have any reason to believe they will find out if you do not answer these questions correctly?

And now they do have my IP address, but they will be very puzzled when they see that it belongs to a US company.

Sure, you should be concerned about privacy (I know I am), but this is a bit silly.

dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Granted I'm overly paranoid after the Snowden leakage, OTOH your IP being US based isn't precisely a dead end. Plus, what does my gender/age/occupation tell the ECB about the quality of my banknotes? I always feel pissed when I'm spending some time to provide some feedback then at the end I'm asked about this irrelevant crap.

Needless to say, I didn't finish the survey.

tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:13 pm

dserrano5 wrote:Plus, what does my gender/age/occupation tell the ECB about the quality of my banknotes? I always feel pissed when I'm spending some time to provide some feedback then at the end I'm asked about this irrelevant crap.
Then do not answer - it's that simple. Please, no need to get vulgar. As a reader of a study, be it about the use of cash or about what parties people vote for, I do find it helpful to learn about significant trends and differences. Is it mostly elderly people whose preferred means of payment is cash, are people in country X different in that regard from people in country Y, and so on.

What I found odd about this survey, however: There was a question about what means of payment I would most likely use for an amount of €30. (Or so; don't remember exactly.) Umm, for me that depends on the circumstances. So I picked "cash" - after all, I wish the euro notes a long life. ;) But depending on where and what I buy, the answer might as well have been a debit or a credit card, or cash or direct debit ...

Christian

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”