Euro Coins Collection

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Tiger »

Well, exchanging coins with other people over the Internet is very delicate.
You have to find out if you can trust the other person.
Most times it's not that much money.
But sometimes I send more than 20euro, so then it would be very unfair to get nothing in return.

Mostly you have the other person's homeadress, so if it's really a big amount of money, you can always try to come in contact by other means than the Internet.

Well, I'm still lucky enough to get my coins every time I swapped :)
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by micro »

I have to apologize twice!

First, I couldn't respond for a week because I was traveling. Second, when I came home I found Jan's coins in my mailbox.

Sorry Jan, but there were few things that had lead me to my accusation: I sent my coins on Sept 11 and notified you via email. You responded "And your address?" although I had sent it already. Then you didn't notify me that you received my address nor that you've sent the coins to me. The letter I found today has a post stamp of Sept 16, "Klo 14:27" on it. That's few hours before I posted my accusation here, if "Klo" means "o'clock".

Anyhow, it's not good style to wait for the other one's coins before sending the own. Imagine what would happen if both try to do it this way: The transaction would never take place!

In this case it lead to a wrong accusation, I'm sorry about that!
Kuningas
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Kuningas »

If someone need Finnsh coins ican change that with you if you send your own country coins.I already have some coins in some of European countries.
Contact at private message if you want contact me
ag_pt
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by ag_pt »

I think it is a good idea to make a separate forum for euro coins exchange. Once could list the missing coins and a contact.
Aaron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aaron »

ag_pt wrote:I think it is a good idea to make a separate forum for euro coins exchange. Once could list the missing coins and a contact.
The idea is good but there's still the risk that someone cheats. :(

I've managed to get quite many coins from different countries. I wish the coins were more beautiful. I like Greek and Italian coins very much, whereas Dutch, Belgian and Luxembourgi coins look very boring. And the eagle on German 1e and 2e coins looks like a flasher. :wink:

Many people like the Finnish 1e coin, with the Lappish landscape and two swans. I like it too, but the cents look boring with the lions.

I always tease French by saying that "RF" on the coins means "Russian Federation". (Ok, it's a stupid joke...)
eurobillsandcoins
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by eurobillsandcoins »

Aaron wrote:
ag_pt wrote:I think it is a good idea to make a separate forum for euro coins exchange. Once could list the missing coins and a contact.
The idea is good but there's still the risk that someone cheats. :(

I've managed to get quite many coins from different countries. I wish the coins were more beautiful. I like Greek and Italian coins very much, whereas Dutch, Belgian and Luxembourgi coins look very boring. And the eagle on German 1e and 2e coins looks like a flasher. :wink:

Many people like the Finnish 1e coin, with the Lappish landscape and two swans. I like it too, but the cents look boring with the lions.

I always tease French by saying that "RF" on the coins means "Russian Federation". (Ok, it's a stupid joke...)
Eagle flasher eh? I just noticed it...................... :P
Hong Kong-Asia's world city.
eurobillsandcoins
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

ag_pt wrote:I always tease French by saying that "RF" on the coins means "Russian Federation". (Ok, it's a stupid joke...)
Yes, you're right bad joke. :wink:
Gauss
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Gauss »

Aaron wrote:And the eagle on German 1e and 2e coins looks like a flasher.
It resembles a lot the eagle in the parliament building which is known as "fat hen".
I wish Germany adopted the Austrian coins.
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Donald »

I like the present German eagle, because it is an improvement compared to the eagles on former German coins. The old birds looked much more aggressive - the Euro bird is a little bit overweighted and symbolizes wealth rather than military power. I think the new eagle nicely represents the development of Germany after the war.
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by micro »

Aaron wrote:And the eagle on German 1e and 2e coins looks like a flasher. :wink:
That's right, the eagle resembles some stupid technical device like a heater rather than an animal. And I fear it almost looks like a nazi symbol. :?

From an artistic point of view, the style of that eagle (1+2e) doesn't harmonize at all with the other coins: The oak leaf (1-5c) and the Brandenburg gate (10-50c) come in a natural, realistic style while the eagle is schematic and stylized. And I dislike that the eagle is excentric on the coin only to make space for the year imprint. :(
Gauss
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Gauss »

Donald wrote:I like the present German eagle, because it is an improvement compared to the eagles on former German coins. The old birds looked much more aggressive - the Euro bird is a little bit overweighted and symbolizes wealth rather than military power. I think the new eagle nicely represents the development of Germany after the war.
Despite quoting the classification of the present eagle as "fat hen", I agree with your statement, Donald.
eurobillsandcoins
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Donald wrote:I like the present German eagle, because it is an improvement compared to the eagles on former German coins. The old birds looked much more aggressive - the Euro bird is a little bit overweighted and symbolizes wealth rather than military power. I think the new eagle nicely represents the development of Germany after the war.
The euro bird looks somewhat like a bird on those wires and is twice as chubby. The DM eagle was proud, strong and looked important. Germany has lost their identity. :cry:
Gauss
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Gauss »

??? :?
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Donald »

Gauss wrote:Despite quoting the classification of the present eagle as "fat hen", I agree with your statement, Donald.
"Fat Hen" is the nickname of the bird in the German parliament. There have been 3 versions of the bird in 3 different buildings since June 1953.
Here is a picture of "Fette Henne" Mk. II from the new (1989) Bonn parliament. Fette Henne Mk. III, of which I didn't find a photograph, is the one in the Berlin parliament.
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Donald »

eurobillsandcoins wrote:The euro bird looks somewhat like a bird on those wires and is twice as chubby. The DM eagle was proud, strong and looked important. Germany has lost their identity. :cry:
Much of European history of the last 2 centuries is about Germany trying to demonstrate that it is important, often using violant military power. The last 50 years Germany has abstained from this attidude and it had the best time of its history. So, why should we use important looking symbols?

My personal experience is that people from Germany's neighboring countries expected Germans to run around shouting "Achtung Achtung!" or doing other silly things that are supposed to look important. Fortunately this expectation has ceased in the last years.

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”