Post by ART »

Not so rare, but interesting.
European soul, European pride.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Mistake on 50€

Post by lmviterbo »

If you mean the printing of "MO" instead of "M0", it's a well-known error (or "extra security feature"…) that happened for all he M043, M044, M045 and M046 (so, actually MO43, etc.). In the collectors' market, none of those plates is valued above normal price. There are between 40k and 50k of each of the first three of those plates registered on EBT. M046 (printed MO46) has less than 20k — still very common.

Prices plummet down with the note degradation and are also considerably less (around 10 to 20%, I think from what I have seen) for any code that does not end in A1. It is normal for a normal note (condition 5 or 6/10, not A1) to be valued three times less than the reference quote. My guess is that your 50-euro note is worth exactly 50 euros, not a single cent above.

Because of a larger letter O instead of digit 0, the code extends a little too far o the right and steps above the edge of the code box. Again, this is quite "normal" for that range.

A final disclaimer: I am not a collector and there are more knowledgeable people out there.
Notsu
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Re: Mistake on 50€

Post by Notsu »

Thanks for very clear explanation :)

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”