In which Central Banks is it possible to get 2€ commemorative coins at face value?

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Vunono
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

In which Central Banks is it possible to get 2€ commemorative coins at face value?

Post by Vunono »

Every time that I go to other country in the Euro Zone I try to find the time to go to the Central Bank office and try to get 2€ commemorative coins at face value, but I've seen that the rules are very different from one country to another. I've thought that it would be useful if we collected our experiences and made a little guide that we can look up to know beforehand. I start with what I know:

:flag-es:: In the Banco the España in Sevilla it's always easy to get the coins of the current year, maybe some of the previous. Same in Palma de Mallorca. However, last year in Barcelona they were sold out when I tried only a few weeks after they were released.
:flag-pt:: I was able to get one in the branch in Braga, but they didn't have any some months ago in Porto. I've got the feeling that they don't get many and are sold out soon.
:flag-fr:: I tried in Marseille and they didn't even let me in - it seems that they don't offer that kind of cash service to the general public.
:flag-ee:: Paradise. My sister went to Tallinn and was able to get me every commemorative coin that they had issued to the date.
:flag-gr:: I was able to get the two coins of the current year in the branch in Thessaloniki.
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: In which Central Banks is it possible to get 2€ commemorative coins at face value?

Post by ART »

I don't get coins from the bank, but I know that in Italy it's easy to get at least those of the current year.
Last edited by ART on Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
European soul, European pride.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: In which Central Banks is it possible to get 2€ commemorative coins at face value?

Post by Montgomery Burns »

I don't really have an answer for you, but in Portugal you can also try the INCM shops:

https://www.incm.pt/portal/lojas.jsp?lang=en
romain17
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by romain17 »

In :flag-fr: you can get coins rolls in some bank, on which there are exchange machine "Changeur de monnaie" and if you are lucky you can receive rolls of 2€ commemorative !!!! and if not, recycle 2€...
But in 90% it is only available for customers ... It's the same thing as for :note-5: ...
(viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10560&p=1206467#p1206453)

For :note-5: it's not good for non customers because you have a 1€ in fee for each :note-5: delivered !! But if you want to get 1 rolls of 2€ you put 55€ in bills ans you will receive you roll (50€) +2x2€ ! Also 1€ in fee but it's much less as for :note-5: :lol:
Collectionne les pièces euros: http://fr.ucoin.net/uid10580
Profil: https://fr.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=192608
https://dserrano5.es/ebt/ebtst/stats/romain17/
Fier d'être Bressan !!!!!!!!!(Vive le poulet ;) )
Member of Database Working Group !
Français, English, Italiano.
siriusLT
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by siriusLT »

:flag-lt: : up to 50 pieces of each coin for a person per day, no fee. Some of the 2€ CC are already sold out.

:flag-lv: : no limit (if they have as many as you need), no fee. Some of the 2€ CC are already sold out.
TheUndertaker
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by TheUndertaker »

The German Bundesbank will give you 1 Package of every type , (if u want more u need to call them 2-3d before ur coming ive ordered once 50€ in 1cents, not a problem at all).
This year they have the 2€ Bundesrat ,sometimes they also have older ones like 2009 Hamburg u can call them and ask if they have older ones.
Ur chances are higher if u going to a bundesbank which has a mint in their town (Berlin , Munich Stuttgart , Karlsruhe , Hamburg) to get older ones.
Coin-Roll Machines normaly only have circ ones
Vunono
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Vunono »

Vunono wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:50 pm Every time that I go to other country in the Euro Zone I try to find the time to go to the Central Bank office and try to get 2€ commemorative coins at face value, but I've seen that the rules are very different from one country to another. I've thought that it would be useful if we collected our experiences and made a little guide that we can look up to know beforehand. I start with what I know:

:flag-es:: In the Banco the España in Sevilla it's always easy to get the coins of the current year, maybe some of the previous. Same in Palma de Mallorca. However, last year in Barcelona they were sold out when I tried only a few weeks after they were released.
:flag-pt:: I was able to get one in the branch in Braga, but they didn't have any some months ago in Porto. I've got the feeling that they don't get many and are sold out soon.
:flag-fr:: I tried in Marseille and they didn't even let me in - it seems that they don't offer that kind of cash service to the general public.
:flag-ee:: Paradise. My sister went to Tallinn and was able to get me every commemorative coin that they had issued to the date.
:flag-gr:: I was able to get the two coins of the current year in the branch in Thessaloniki.
Update: not so easy anymore to get the current commemorative coins in Sevilla. I went there a couple of weeks ago and they were sold out - they told me that in 2018 and 2019 they lasted only for a few days. Hope to find them in the change!
Vunono
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Vunono »

:flag-sk:: I went to the Central Bank in Bratislava and was able to get the latest 2€ CC at face value, as many as I wanted.
TheUndertaker
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by TheUndertaker »

Vunono wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:26 am :flag-sk:: I went to the Central Bank in Bratislava and was able to get the latest 2€ CC at face value, as many as I wanted.
Sell them xD
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

:flag-de: : Up to now, I always got the 2€ CC coin(s) of the recent years in the year they were issued in the branches I went to. I never asked for previous years as I either got them from the German Federal Bank (Deutsche Bundesbank) the year before or as change out of normal circulation.

In terms of quantities (even though I never get masses of them) this has never been an issue. I was able to get them individually or in a roll (25 pieces = 50€). Never came for more than a roll though.

The German Federal Bank also issues some CC coins of higher value but they are sold out quickly (at least my impression). Some years ago, I got a special 5€ coin (partly, because it was hyped due to a coloured ring that was minted in the coin) where the number of coins was limited to 1/person/day due to a very limited number of minted coins in general. They did not, however, note down any information on my person or copied my pasport etc. so theoretically, I could have gone to another branch and get a second one. However, I didn't do this.
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”