Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

klaidonis909
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Rare serial numbers

Post by klaidonis909 »

Good day to all.

I'm new to all of this "banknote collecting and searching for rare ones" thing.
For some time i have just looked to the serial numbers and trying to find the note with all identical numbers.
Wanted to ask, finally if i have found a 50 Eur bill with first nine identical digits of ten.
Could You advise me, is it worth something? Or, if the printer code is not "old" enough, then i can put it in my safe and wait for a couple of years?

Thank You in advance for any response!
klaidonis909
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Re: Rare serial numbers

Post by klaidonis909 »

klaidonis909 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:36 am Good day to all.

I'm new to all of this "banknote collecting and searching for rare ones" thing.
For some time i have just looked to the serial numbers and trying to find the note with all identical numbers.
Wanted to ask, finally if i have found a 50 Eur bill with first nine identical digits of ten.
Could You advise me, is it worth something? Or, if the printer code is not "old" enough, then i can put it in my safe and wait for a couple of years?

Thank You in advance for any response!
The number is **4444444443
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Welcome to the forum, klaidonis.

I looked for your name on EBT and couldn't find it. Although everybody is welcome here, there are very few collectors on the forum. Other fora may prove more adequate for your interests.

To answer your question: on a 10-digit serial number, there's a 1 in over 52 million chance of finding a note with 9 or more digits in a row. So that's a very rare one, congratulations! Even so, I have no idea if it's valuable to collectors. There are very few collectors of euro banknotes with nice serial numbers, if I'm not wrong. (US Dollar banknotes have a larger set of collectors of this type.) You may want to check at Delcampe if any of those has been transactioned so far.

It would be really cool if you opened an account and entered some notes you have with you on the website (eurobilltracker.com). All notes are very welcome, if you have them (public serial numbers are not interesting, and are sort of purged anyway).

Please refrain from publishing serial numbers here, unless you show only a small fraction of them. The description, in this case, would be enough. :)
klaidonis909
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by klaidonis909 »

Thank You very much for the answer.

I don't have any other accounts, just this one.
As i said before, i'm new to all of this.
But I will open in that (eurobilltracker.com) account as well and will try to enter the notes I have.

Could You explain a bit more, what You meant by:
1. - "All notes are very welcome, if you have them(public serial numbers are not interesting, and are sort of purged anyway)."

2. - "Please refrain from publishing serial numbers here, unless you show only a small fraction of them. The description, in this case, would be enough." - will keep in mind that. Thank You.

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”