Slovenian coins found in circulation OUTSIDE of Slovenia

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Muppetshow
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Re: Slovenian coins found in circulation OUTSIDE of Slovenia

Post by Muppetshow »

At first here in Germany Slovenian coins weren't so difficult to get. I think some stores might have had some rolls with freshly minted coins from Slovenia.
But soon the were starting to vanish from circulation. If my grandmother would not have brought me some Slovenian coins as a gift from her journey from Austria to Croatia I probably would still be searching for some of the smaller coins.
About 20 of the roundabout 15.000 coins I handled during the last 3 years were from Slovenia. Most of them 10, 20 and 50, almost no 2, 5 Cent or 1 and regular 2 Euro, no 1 Cent.
In 2015 and 2016 I searched about 12.000 1, 2 and 5 Cent each for rare coins. While I found a few Slovenian 2 and 5 Cent coins I haven't seen a 1 Cent coin since 2014.
What I like about Slovenian coins is that the 2 Euro commemorative coins spread very easily.
I was very happy to receive a almost uncirculated 2007 "Treaty of Rome" from a customer in 2016.
Tvx1
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Tvx1 »

For some reason I keep regularly finding shiny brand new :flag-si: 50ct coins from the original mintage of 2007 here in :flag-be::
Strangely, I have not encountered any :flag-si: coins from other years than 2007, nor have I encountered any :flag-si: 10ct coin…
Tvx1
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Tvx1 »

Finally, after 17 years, I found a :flag-si: 10ct coin in :flag-be:. At the same time it’s the first :flag-si: coin that I have encountered that is NOT from 2007

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”