Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

Licht & Feuer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: Im Osten des Westens der auch als Süden des Nordens betrachtet wird

Slovenian coins found in circulation OUTSIDE of Slovenia

Post by Licht & Feuer »

Let's see how the new coins from :flag-si: will spread over europe, use this topic to post when and where you find slovenian coins in circulation.

So far I got already a 50c at a highway-station in southern Germany near the austrian border at Jan, 6.
By the way, the girl working there told me that she'd already got all coins through her job except 1c + 2c.
Last edited by Licht & Feuer on Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hoppa
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by hoppa »

at work we allready recieved a nearly complete set. Only 1,2 and 5 cent is missing. Oh yeah, I work at the airport in Brussels. The coins were not recieved by one person only, nor spended by one person only. This was a real group effort. :wink:
it is better not to say anything and let people doubt if you're stupid; then to speak and take the doubt away. - Mark Twain
nickx
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by nickx »

hoppa wrote:Oh yeah, I work at the airport in Brussels.
Then that shouldn't be a bigger problem :wink: many Slovenians travel to Brussels on a weekly or even daily basis.
GorazdR
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by GorazdR »

I just got back from business trip to Vienna. I spread about 50 Slovenian Euro coins around the city. It's interesting that here in Slovenia the ratio Slovenian:non-Slovenian euro coins that you get back as a change in shops, bars etc. is now about 3:1. I did not expect the ratio to be so low in just 2 week's time.
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

GorazdR wrote:It's interesting that here in Slovenia the ratio Slovenian:non-Slovenian euro coins that you get back as a change in shops, bars etc. is now about 3:1. I did not expect the ratio to be so low in just 2 week's time.
So it will be hard to collect Slovenian €s the easy way next summer :( .
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

bhoeyb wrote:
GorazdR wrote:It's interesting that here in Slovenia the ratio Slovenian:non-Slovenian euro coins that you get back as a change in shops, bars etc. is now about 3:1. I did not expect the ratio to be so low in just 2 week's time.
Well, the ratio's still 75% Slovenian vs 25% !Slovenian, if I understood right. And that still means quite a good probability for you :)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
bhoeyb NLI

Post by bhoeyb NLI »

Dakkus wrote:
bhoeyb wrote:
Well, the ratio's still 75% Slovenian vs 25% !Slovenian, if I understood right. And that still means quite a good probability for you :)
1/4 ! in 0,5 months ... 6 months till summer = :( .
dulc
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by dulc »

Most Slovenians already had some foreign € coins to start with. At home I counted a combined value of around 50€. They're slowly getting into circulation. :wink:
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

bhoeyb NLI wrote:
Dakkus wrote:
bhoeyb wrote:
1/4 ! in 0,5 months ... 6 months till summer = :( .
The diffusion will slow down when the neighbouring areas have been "filled" with Slovenian coins.
You should be more likely to find Slovenian coins in Slovenia than Letzebuërgisch coins in Luxemburg.

EDIT: ëg -> ërg
Last edited by Dakkus on Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
Mullams
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Mullams »

And even in Luxembourg you can still easily get their own euros.
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Klazu »

Ullgive wrote:And even in Luxembourg you can still easily get their own euros.
That's true. You get them from normal stores. If you wan't more, just get them from banks. There's plenty of them.
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
debemaks
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by debemaks »

A friend of mine gave me a "strange at his eyes" 20c from :flag-si: with the Lipzicaner Horses on the 8th of Jan. I live in Lerici :flag-it: which is at least 650km far from Slovenia borders :mrgreen:
I collect and swap 2€ CC, PM for swap!!!!
Do you like card fighting games? Try this one!!
www.palerici.it - Skype: debemaks - my NIG stats
my EBTST stats
Meki
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Meki »

If i'm correct the banks only give out their national coins, so there shouldnt be any problem getting your own coins.
Licht & Feuer
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: Im Osten des Westens der auch als Süden des Nordens betrachtet wird

Post by Licht & Feuer »

Meki wrote:If i'm correct the banks only give out their national coins, so there shouldnt be any problem getting your own coins.
As there are mostly every year new coins minted and put into circulation, the national ones will normaly always have the majority in the country of origin.
But the banks will put all the used €-coinage they receive back into circulation, foreign coins will not been "sendet home" :)

I was surprised how many foreign coins were already circulating in Slovenia in the first week of January, mostly italians but also remarkable quantities of austrian and german coins (I even found some greek coins and a 1€ from Luxemburg there). 8O

Also Banka Slovenije in Ljubljana was unable to give me 5 rolls of 10c-2€ and 13 rolls of 1c-5c which is really no big quantity, at least not for the headoffice of a centralbank (in :flag-it: Trieste a branch of a normal bank gave me as much rolls as I wanted...) :?
So I guess that :flag-si: has probably not enough coins, yet and maybe ordered some more from the neighbours which could be an explanation for a "good mixture" already at the beginning.

The 1c, 2c and 5c seem to be the most rare, Restaurants had always "round" prices and the waitresses 10c as smallest coin for change.
In Supermarkets and at Gas-Stations you can be lucky but most often they made the prices round, too and just give you more or less money than you deserve (in Greece they do the same) :roll:
nickx
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by nickx »

Licht & Feuer wrote:The 1c, 2c and 5c seem to be the most rare, Restaurants had always "round" prices and the waitresses 10c as smallest coin for change.
Prices in pubs are mostly rounded on 5 c, but guests usually leave at least five cents to waiters if the sum is such.
Licht & Feuer wrote:In Supermarkets and at Gas-Stations you can be lucky but most often they made the prices round, too and just give you more or less money than you deserve (in Greece they do the same) :roll:
I don't quite agree with that.

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”