Old national coins

Facts/News about the Euro can be posted here

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

eurobillsandcoins
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Old national coins

Post by eurobillsandcoins »

Does anyone want help with the coins i have left in my vault from the 12 different countries in the euro zone? I have more than E500 worth in franc
,lira,mark coins. I have about E100 of each others even Luxembourg coins. As a foreign exchange dealer I feel so stupid for buying those coins and having E2000 in old coins which I paid over E1000 equivalent. I buy all coins at 1/2 rates. Today I took the tray of euro coins and sifted through. in the 6000 coin tub I found and sorted them out,counted them, and rolled them with homemade wrappers. I found 50 Finland 1,2 cents that were new or had very little use. I rolled the coins corresponding to country. I spent 6 painstaking hours. 30% of the coins were german 15% was french,10% irish,10% finnish,35% miscellaneous. Also as the above legacy currency coins the cost of carriage is expensive. I cant give them back to suppliers but my euro coins i can. All my euro coins can be given back to suppliers but I still get only 75% of the regular rate. Dealing with foreign coins is such a nuisance. This also has proved to be a bad week for me. My counting machine broke down (the one that cost E5000). So cheap coins anyone?
Hong Kong-Asia's world city.
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Tiger »

Do you have some coins I don't have yet ?
My list is on http://users.pandora.be/tiger/euro/

And maybe I'm also interested in old Finnish markka's... (*edited*)
I've never seen one, and I also collect some foreign coins, so why not ? :)
Last edited by Tiger on Sat Dec 07, 2002 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
Antti
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Antti »

Tiger wrote:And maybe I'm also interested in old Finnish marka's...
That should be markka. (two k's)
Gosh, how strange that word feels now.
Antti
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Antti »

BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Re: Old national coins

Post by BossaNova »

eurobillsandcoins wrote:So cheap coins anyone?
hmnm you really have a problem, I read on the other day, that almost half of portuguese coins hadn't return to banks yet, and that can happen only until the end of the year.. so soon this coins will definetly lost their legal value, and they won't have a collection value since they are so vulgar... I guess this isn't very different from other countries..

everyone wanted to keep some coins to show to their grandsons...

bn 8)
thomas
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by thomas »

eurobillsandcoins wrote:Today I took the tray of euro coins and sifted through. in the 6000 coin tub I found and sorted them out,counted them, and rolled them with homemade wrappers. I found 50 Finland 1,2 cents that were new or had very little use.
Try to sell them at eBay. Continental European collectors are looking for those small finish coins in good condition.
eurobillsandcoins wrote:30% of the coins were german 15% was french,10% irish,10% finnish,35% miscellaneous.
Put in another painstaking 2 hours and insert them into www.euro tracer.net/insert/coins.php, please!

Thomas
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

eurobillsandcoins wrote:Does anyone want help with the coins i have left in my vault from the 12 different countries in the euro zone? I have more than E500 worth in franc,lira,mark coins. I have about E100 of each others even Luxembourg coins.
You're looking for someone in Europe to exchange those coins for Euro's :?:
hebben-en-houden
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by hebben-en-houden »

If you send me the dutch guilder coins, I will pay you in dollars/UK pounds or Euro.

just let me know, if you need my service :)
If you don't like traveling, just watch where your Eurobill goes and let the banknote do the travelling for you!!

Return to “Euro-Notes and Coins Board”