European soul, European pride.
claudio vda
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: 10 YEARS OF EURO

Post by claudio vda »

Ten years of the EURO! A very good thing :D

... and now the next step: the European Federal Republic! :P
Little national countries are not able to face the big crisis that will be in a 5-10 years, not the little crisis thet we are living now, but a bigger one, caused by the end of the petrole, the collision of the US and China economies (both based on an no-limited expansion... in a limited world) and, why not?, the never solved war between Israel and Palestine.
When the real crisis will explode, what will be able to do little countries like Italy, France, Austria, Finland, and so on? Nothing! What will be able to do a continental democracy? More, maybe, if we start from today investing in research, welfare and alternative energies... of course that have to be done at a continental level, so we need a continental government, but a continental government can be legitimate only if it is elected, not if it is nominated by little local goverments.

So, we need the European Federal Republic... NOW! 8)

Happy birthday, Euro :wink:
My statistics on EBTCHECK (Latest update 12.04.2024)
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

Being from a federally structured country myself (I'm German), I could in theory imagine a European Union with some kind of federal structure. In Germany we have, apart from the municipal level, 16 states each of which has its own constitution and its own elected parliament. The states have their competences, the federal level has its competences. Could work for EUrope too, except that in my opinion too many competences at the European level should be avoided.

But as I wrote, that is theoretical. Practically, the European Union will never get to that stage, I think. Too many "regional" (ie. member state level) governments that do not intend to transfer competences and primarily need the EU as a mixture of a cash cow and a scapegoat. And, we should not forget about that, many people in the Union oppose any further integration anyway. So no, this EU will stay what it is, and probably be even less coherent and less influential in the future ...

Christian
Last edited by tabbs on Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
claudio vda
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by claudio vda »

I think that the ipotetic European Federal Republic should have some competences in

work
energy
migration
economy
police
healt

Of course not school, because we have many many many languages in Europe :wink: , but maybe university... we can discuss about that.

I think migration politiques have to be decided at the continental level, because it's a global problem: not sense that in Italy no, in Spain yes, in France middle, expecially with the free circulation of the people across Europe
Economy: we have Euro, so we have to govern that.
Police: criminal organizations like mafia has got an international structure, mooving slaves, drug and rubbage across Europe, a simple coordination of the police is not enhaf.
Energy: the petrole is going to finish, so we could organize geotermical energy in Italy, energy by the Sun in Spain, wind in central Europe, from the sea near the Atlantic Ocean and so on, but we have to have a continental look
Et caetera...
My statistics on EBTCHECK (Latest update 12.04.2024)
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ART »

tabbs wrote:But as I wrote, that is theoretical. Practically, the European Union will never get to that stage, I think. Too many "regional" (ie. member state level) governments that do not intend to transfer competences and primarily need the EU as a mixture of a cash cow and a scapegoat. And, we should not forget about that, many people in the Union oppose any further integration anyway. So no, this EU will stay what it is, and probably be even less coherent and less influential in the future ...
Nobody dream easy, but I'm sure that we must doing however all the possible in order to try to arrive to an European federal union, because is fundamental for our future. EU will not be simply "less coherent and less influential" if will stay what it is.
Dawizz
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dawizz »

claudio vda wrote:Ten years of the EURO! A very good thing :D

... and now the next step: the European Federal Republic! :P
So, we need the European Federal Republic... NOW! 8)
Dream on,the power holder they don't have the cojones to do it! and with countries like :flag-uk: and the Czech Rep. it's never going to take place.Those two...they forget in what continent they are locaded.It's sad because a federal republic is the only way for the eu to get respect,I mean real respect in the world.
Born too late to explore the Globe. Born too early to explore the Stars. Born just in time to see the World implode.
starcapitan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by starcapitan »

YOUTUBE channel, tracker with 25 hits also internationals and searching for the first triple ;0)
Web Designer della web agency WEDESA :flag-it:
girls legs SUPERFAN
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ART »

Dawizz wrote: Dream on,the power holder they don't have the cojones to do it! and with countries like :flag-uk: and the Czech Rep. it's never going to take place.
We instead must have the cojones to try to convince these cojones to reason out. Isn't necessary to pursue immediately the union of all UE, bur only some states.
ART
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ART »

Return to “Europe-Board”