European flag beside the national flag

Discussion/News about Europe, EU, politics

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by BossaNova »

querty wrote:In Switzerland there are lots of people who have a national flag hanging next to their house. When I was on a trip to Tunisia, the president hang everywhere, not only in government buildings but also in the houses of the people and everyone had also a national flag hanging besides their house.
I also got surprised when I saw that in some Greek cities people had the Greek flag in their yards..

I thaught that was a only-americans-paranoia..

bn :roll:
Now in the EBT desert of Paris. My profile here.

Post by Guest »

Dakkus wrote:In Finland the flag of EU is almost never used. It's used only in EU's own offices. That's because (and a reason why) Finnish people don't really like EU that much. Because they're afraid of anything big. Everyone just chants "we're too small to have power in EU". Forgetting that .nl, .be, .se and many others are about as small as us and have very well enough power.
Sad but true. It might due to the Cold War when were basically Scoviet Union's bitch. A large portion of the public might (and some of political elite) still be a bit wary of Russia.

I noticed that in Kuopio, where I live, the Chamber of Commerce uses only the EU & city flag. Strangely enough, the city hall only uses the national flag.
Van Geel
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by Van Geel »

In Belgium there are always three flags on officialy buildings: The national flag, the EU flag and the Flemish flag (in Flanders).
malu
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by malu »

I shall write an e-mail to company running the building where I work and ask them to start to flags also with the EU flag.
Evert
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Evert »

In Finland, when it's not a flagging day, there are regional flags in the poles. The strange thing is, that Finland is the only country in the world, where regional flags are pennants. We have an Uusimaa pennant in our flagpole. We could also buy one with our city (Espoo) coat of arms.

Have a look at:

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/fi_hf.html

vv The regional flag/pennant of the province of Uusimaa vv

I have got a big flag of the EU in my room, and a small one attached to a stick. Actually I collect flags. My room looks really nice nowadays ;)
Anybody got extra ones to send me? :P
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

Evert wrote:I have got a big flag of the EU in my room, and a small one attached to a stick. Actually I collect flags. My room looks really nice nowadays ;)
Anybody got extra ones to send me? :P
I've got also a big flag of the EU and a small one in my computer room!
I have also a nice collection of flag. I prefer the ones with a black stick, with a golden end on the top. :)

I have a few extra I could send to you if you have extras to send me! :P :D
I have 2 of Spain, Netherlands and Luxembourg. I can also easily send you all the flags of the 10 canadian provinces. :)
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

How does the flag of Veneto look like?

BTW, nice flag, that pennant.

Return to “Europe-Board”