Protest German printers because of euronotes

Discussion/News about Europe, EU, politics

Moderators: Phaseolus, Fons

MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Protest German printers because of euronotes

Post by MDeen »

Taken from http://frontpage.fok.nl/nieuws/400922" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I'm sure its somewhere in english too, but this is a translation (babel, with some corrections):
Employees of the Bundesdruckerei, one the two companies in Germany which print banknotes, disagree with plans of the German government to print the Euro banknotes at foreign companies. Approximately 250 employees carried out a protest operation at the German central bank in Frankfurt to make their dissatisfaction recognizable.

An invitation to tender of the Bundesbank for the notes was granted to a French company and the Dutch printer Joh. Enschedé. They will print the bulk of the banknotes as from next year. The Bundesdruckerei lost the invitation to tender and the other printer, Giesecke & Devrient, get still only a small part of the notes.

According to trade union ver.di stand there about 180 jobs are in jeopardy because of the decision. The German competition authority looks into the decision of the Bundesbank.
Lots of new G/X and E/X or L/X notes next year I guess.
debemaks
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Protest German printers because of euronotes

Post by debemaks »

I think they are already on the market, we are talking about :note-10: G015/X5 and the first ever printed with Trichet signature :note-200: E/X (I still miss them so I don't know how they look like).
I collect and swap 2€ CC, PM for swap!!!!
Do you like card fighting games? Try this one!!
www.palerici.it - Skype: debemaks - my NIG stats
my EBTST stats
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

These were from 2010. In that year, the German printers each received one tender (P received :note-20: ,already in circulation; and R received :note-50: , still to come in circulation). For next year Germany will print/have printed :note-5: , :note-10: and :note-50: . P only received one tender, and R received none. My speculation for next year: we're going to see X/E :note-5: , X/G :note-10: and X/P :note-50: .
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
tabbs
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by tabbs »

Also see this topic: http://forum.eurobilltracker.com/viewto ... =7&t=20809" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I just posted another reply there and then noticed this discussion. :)

Christian

Return to “Europe-Board”