Euro-Master

Ukraina in EU?

Post by ART »

I'm contrary.
Viperazzi
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Viperazzi »

What's the point of having a EU if it expands to the whole of Europe? I don't like the current expansion policy. The countries should strengthen themselves first, then join the EU. They can do it if they really want. Now some countries are just enjoying the cash flow.
Aaron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aaron »

No way :!: We already have Poland and we don't need another agricultural problem. :?
Kedvenc állatam a hörcsög; ha rálépek, szörcsög.
Batavorum
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Batavorum »

Osku-82 wrote:What's the point of having a EU if it expands to the whole of Europe? I don't like the current expansion policy. The countries should strengthen themselves first, then join the EU. They can do it if they really want. Now some countries are just enjoying the cash flow.
I fully agree.
Sitting at home ... behind my PC ... talking to Europe ... about notes?
Van Geel
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by Van Geel »

Once Ukraine must have the possibility to join the EU, but now they are not ready yet for EU membership.
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

Van Geel wrote:Once Ukraine must have the possibility to join the EU, but now they are not ready yet for EU membership.
I agree. Ukraine could join, but the EU neesd to be more integrated first.
We'll be able to admit these countries when Europe will have its federal government.
Craft
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Craft »

Osku-82 wrote:What's the point of having a EU if it expands to the whole of Europe?
I don't agree on this logic in itself. Why would EU become unnecessary or void if all European countries were members?

But I do agree on the need of fullfilling certain criteria before and during membership. But that has nothing to do with whether there should by definition be some European countries outside of the EU so that "we" could say that "they" are not members and don't belong to the EU.
androl
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)

Post by androl »

I voted yes.
Not now, but perhaps in 10 years.
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

androl wrote:I voted yes.
Not now, but perhaps in 10 years.
The situation has changed in Ukraine, and the people asks for more links with Europe. Have you seen the european flag in the crowd supporting Ianoukovitch?
Craft
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Craft »

Olivier wrote:The situation has changed in Ukraine, and the people asks for more links with Europe. Have you seen the european flag in the crowd supporting Ianoukovitch?
Iushenko, rather? (I know, their names really are pretty difficult to distinguish :roll: )
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

Indeed, I'm not against Ukrainian membership in principle, but not only Ukrain is not yet ready to join, the EU isn't ready to have Ukrain as a member...
alex77r
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by alex77r »

For the moment, I think that we are enough...so I voted NO, but as Androl said, maybe in 10/15 years
The Shortcodes List/Bilan des Codes-courts recensés - website on stand-by
User Control Panel>Board preferences>Edit global settings>(1) Sélectionnez le thème "Subsilver2" pour avoir une apparence ressemblant à l'ancien forum (2) Forum en français désormais possible!
giberski
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by giberski »

You know what the problem is with all those countries, they are still quite poor, so if they join the Euro, a lot of money will go to them. What do you think about Turkey, Poland and the Baltic States. Even Spain gets a lot of money for farmery what they use for total other things. Building new bridges etc. It's too weird, and you know what...we Dutchies pay most of all, but get maybe 0,01% back. The rest goes to all those countries. And I don't mind Ukraine joining the EU (EBT!!!), but no only for receiving and spending more (our) money!

Giberski
Main organiser of EBTM06: Amsterdam and national meetings in Zwolle and Leiden.
Have you been to Holland? Join the Bingo
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Al

Post by groentje »

The EU gives more than just money for agriculture. Big infrastructure and rural development are also priorities to the EU, so of course big bridges are paid with EU money. And big roads, rail links... even in the NL money has gone to such projects, e.g. the Betuwelijn, or the HSL Zuid.
Agriculture may be the biggest budget, but it's like saying that education is the main domain for the Flemish government. Other fields just aren't Flemish or European.
I think it's quite logical, that the EU supports big traffic infrastructure. If one of the main goals is to make traffic of goods, persons and trade more international, it's even necessary. The Benelux and other regions have been supported already in such cases, e.g. the Kennedy tunnel in Antwerp, or Eurotunnel in Rotterdam. A lot of it was built with help of Europe. Since we don't need anymore (or not as much), I think it's normal the money now goes to the new member states.
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

giberski wrote:What do you think about Turkey, Poland and the Baltic States.
The fact that Turkey isn't yet in the EU makes it so different from the other countries you mentioned I'm not gonna think anything about it right now.
About Poland.. Well, it's a big state getting stronger and stronger all the time. If it won't use the euro, things look stupid.
And then the Baltic states.. They seem to be doing rather well comparing to for example Poland. Estonia is a real interesting country with economy just as good or even better than many of the old EU15 economies. Also their interest in technology will help them evolve very fast. They've now got the mentality we Finns had when we became the ah-so-loved techno-nation.
Unluckily we've lost what we had back in the 90s. Back then we thought we were nothing and should be better. Now we think we're the best and should no more do anything.
Estonia's soon gonna do what Finland did. Just knowing better how to avoid the mistakes we did. That's a fast way to build a strong economy.
Also, because of being so keen to technology, Estonians will 100% surely be very good EBTers and their hitratio will go down almost immediatelly when they join the euroland.
About Latvia and Lithuania then.. Well, they're not as good as Estonia, but still not doing really too badly anymore. Growing fast, soon at least as good as eastern Germany.
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!

Return to “Europe-Board”