Comments from/to non-Francophone forumers

Votre opinion est important, suggestion ...

Moderators: Phaseolus, Kleman

trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Comments from/to non-Francophone forumers

Post by trezay »

Hallo GWR7007! I hope you enjoy your time in France :D
GWR7007 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:36 pm I would expect that it is not possible to get :note-5: right?
No, the lowest I've ever gotten at a French ATM is :note-10: , and French banks will not exchange notes "in person" like they do in Germany (and definitely not on July 14th :lol: ).
GWR7007 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:36 pm When reading the comments of some French :note-5: hit notes, I saw several "Echangeur billets" comments. With my not really existent French I assume that these are some kind of changing ATMs. Who is allowed to use them? Customers of that bank only? Or customers of French banks etc.?
Yes, there are machines in some banks that allow you to exchange larger notes and get :note-5: notes in exchange (off the top of my head, CIC, Crédit Lyonnais and BNP banks have these at some locations). You do need to be a customer of the bank though (and IIRC, for the Crédit Lyonnais machines, you need to have a professional account, not just a personal one). The machine will ask for a credit card to prove you're a customer. CIC does have an option for non-customers, where you pay 1€ for each :note-5: note you receive :roll: So if you put a :note-20: in the machine, you will receive 3* :note-5: and a 2-euro coin…
GWR7007 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:36 pm In case I cannot get :note-5: , which banks offer some sort of choice of notes at ATMs? What I am asking is whether the ATM gives notes automatically or if there is the possibility to choose from a couple of options for a certain amount of money?
I've heard that the ATMs at the CIC sometimes offer Stückelung, starting with :note-10: notes, but I've never used those myself, and I don't know if it's available at all their locations. ATMs at the BNP usually offer some vague options ("mostly :note-50: notes", "mostly :note-20: and :note-10: notes" or "a mix of the two"). I don't know if other banks have similar options.
romain17
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by romain17 »

trezay wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:11 am
GWR7007 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:36 pm In case I cannot get :note-5: , which banks offer some sort of choice of notes at ATMs? What I am asking is whether the ATM gives notes automatically or if there is the possibility to choose from a couple of options for a certain amount of money?
I've heard that the ATMs at the CIC sometimes offer Stückelung, starting with :note-10: notes, but I've never used those myself, and I don't know if it's available at all their locations. ATMs at the BNP usually offer some vague options ("mostly :note-50: notes", "mostly :note-20: and :note-10: notes" or "a mix of the two"). I don't know if other banks have similar options.
Yes in some CIC ATM it's possible to choose but not in my city for example :cry:
Caisse d'Épargne and Crédit Agricole also gave the possibility to choose just :note-50: ; :note-10: and :note-20: or "mix of the two" ! :wink:
Collectionne les pièces euros: http://fr.ucoin.net/uid10580
Profil: https://fr.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=192608
https://dserrano5.es/ebt/ebtst/stats/romain17/
Fier d'être Bressan !!!!!!!!!(Vive le poulet ;) )
Member of Database Working Group !
Français, English, Italiano.
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

trezay wrote: I've heard that the ATMs at the CIC sometimes offer Stückelung, starting with :note-10: notes, but I've never used those myself, and I don't know if it's available at all their locations. ATMs at the BNP usually offer some vague options ("mostly :note-50: notes", "mostly :note-20: and :note-10: notes" or "a mix of the two"). I don't know if other banks have similar options.
Thanks for your detailed answer :D . If there is time left, I'll try to visit as many ATM's as possible with my Dutch card :mrgreen: . I'd visit up to 5 banks. After some quick search on Google Maps I made a list of the banks which have a branch (and hopefully a working ATM on July 14th :P ) in Sarreguemines. Which of these banks listed below could give the best results (in terms of notes available and option to choose notes):
-BNP Paribas :arrow: mentioned as quite a good option and I had one good experience in Paris myself
-CCM :arrow: no idea for what this stands :oops: (on Google street view there was a Crédit Mutuel lettering outside on the photo)
-Caisse d'Epargne
-Banque Populaire
-Crédit Agricole de Lorraine :arrow: these agricultural banks seem to be regionally divided.. Does anyone know whether they also differ in terms of choice of notes etc.?
-Société Générale
-LCL :arrow: one try in Paris some years ago; but no choice. Have they changed/has anyone experience with this bank (maybe I did domething wrong when I was there)
romain17 wrote: Yes in some CIC ATM it's possible to choose but not in my city for example :cry:
Caisse d'Épargne and Crédit Agricole also gave the possibility to choose just :note-50: ; :note-10: and :note-20: or "mix of the two" ! :wink:
Really??? Two years ago, I visited the C. d'E. in Versailles. No choice of notes (and I was lucky to withdraw 230€, otherwise I would have probably received :note-50: only had I chosen 250€ :roll: ). Apart from that... The staff at that branch did not speak any English at all and somehow wasn't very helpful to give me an envelop for an UNC note I did not want to put in my wallet where it would be folded :evil: :evil:

At least I'm going with my brother who speaks French and banks would not be open anyways whether it's July 14th or a "normal" saturday, I'd say :lol:
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

Hello GWR7007

BNP: you have (almost )always the choice between:
-only :note-10: and :note-20:
-only :note-50:
-a mix

Crédit Mutuel is maybe a good choice, it's the same as CIC and sometimes you can choose the notes, maximum 40 of them
Look at all the ATMs inside and outside the bank, the screen shows the type of notes.

All the others banks are "normal", with sometimes a choice of a mix (Crédit Agricole, Caisse d'Epargne)

You have "la Banque Postale" (the post office) too. There you can find maybe only "little notes", :note-10: and :note-20:

Sorry for my english :oops:
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
goldeneye
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by goldeneye »

I had previously posted this in another area of the forum about 2 days ago, but I am reposting here as I was told that I might get a better answer in this area.

How easy it to get rolls of coins in France?

I am just curious how easy is it to get rolls of coins (just looking for 1 roll each of the €2 and the €0.50) at banks in France, especially if you are not a customer of that bank?

It was claimed in the past that the public cash centers at Banque de France might be a place to do this, but it is claimed that it isn't the case now.

Oh, I have to add that I am intending to go to the main Banque De France public cash center in Paris to get these two rolls.

Thanks again!
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

goldeneye wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:01 pm

How easy it to get rolls of coins in France?

I am just curious how easy is it to get rolls of coins (just looking for 1 roll each of the €2 and the €0.50) at banks in France, especially if you are not a customer of that bank?
I think it's impossible ! :cry:

Many "Banque de France" places don't make change of money anymore.
You can check on https://www.banque-france.fr/la-banque- ... -la-banque (available in english).
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
wisi
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by wisi »

Jackgaillard wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:19 pm I m not able to suggest Paris, France :flag-fr: but I would like that Someone could do it.
It's been 13 years that EBTM didn't take place in :flag-fr:
I could help if possible
Jack
I would really encourage the french community to come up with a french city. Once there has been a small competition between Paris and Berlin. Besides Berlin winning that vote (and confessing to vote those years back for Berlin), I am among those who would really apriciate a french - maybe from Paris - candidate for EBTM.
stefanlip
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by stefanlip »

Hello everybody,

I'm planning a trip to France in July. If I use a ATM at a bank in France can I choose the denominations of the notes?
Which values are available by default? :note-5: :note-10: :note-20: :note-50: :note-100: :note-200: ?

Which ATM from which bank could you recommend?

Thank you for your answers.
trezay
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by trezay »

Hi, this post by Kleman sums up the different types of ATMs quite well.
I've never seen ATMs in France that give anything other than :note-10: :note-20: :note-50: at best :?

Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Urlaub!
stefanlip
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by stefanlip »

trezay wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:11 pm Hi, this post by Kleman sums up the different types of ATMs quite well.
I've never seen ATMs in France that give anything other than :note-10: :note-20: :note-50: at best :?

Ich wünsche dir einen schönen Urlaub!
Vielen Dank.
Zarkam
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Martinique map dots

Post by Zarkam »

Anyone french-speaking been toying around with the map dots in the very pleasant overseas territory of Martinique?
Went there last year and when the two map dots in the middle are very easy to get https://www.dropbox.com/s/p55mfb3n9iknn ... 5.png?dl=0 the others are a bit trickier as the postal codes are the same, in the northwest Saint Pierre, this might be averted if you got notes from Le Prechêur and marked it. A few restaurants there and it's on the way to some nice lava beaches further north. At least many of the sparsely populated areas in Finland work like that so worth a try if I can make it there again in the coming Winter which is usually very unpleasant in Finland.
The very South tip is a lot more trickier however, as everything there is a part of the commune of Sainte-Anne as is the postal code and the centre of Saint-Anne falls under the more northern dot and unfortunately the northern tip of St. Lucia is too far south. Has anyone actually managed to get a dot in this place?
sen-chuan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by sen-chuan »

Bon soir!

I'm just popping here to inform you about the EuroBillTracker Shop is online! You can find tote bags, mugs, mouse pads, water bottles, T-shirts...
Visit us! https://shop.spreadshirt.net/eurobilltracker !
[EBTCkeck - my EBT Stats aggiornamento/updating: 06.03.2024
eurostyle
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by eurostyle »

Hello sen-chuan :lol:
It's a very good idea !
Do you have masks in your store ? :idea:
Avec le temps et la patience, la feuille de mûrier devient de la soie (proverbe chinois)
sen-chuan
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by sen-chuan »

Ciao eurostyle!

If you want, I can do them :wink:
[EBTCkeck - my EBT Stats aggiornamento/updating: 06.03.2024
Jackgaillard
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jackgaillard »

sen-chuan wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:11 pm Ciao eurostyle!

If you want, I can do them :wink:
I Want it too
thanks
Ecouter Eurobilltracker sur les grosses têtes de Philippe Bouvard ICI

Return to “Discussion du site et l'Euro-tracking (Français)”