Google Maps

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

R/J
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Google Maps Beta Test

Post by R/J »

Nerzhul wrote:The Google Dotmap now features a shiny new options button which allows you to toggle:
(...)
Unfortunately Opera 10.50 doesn't work properly with the dotmap any longer.
It seems that with newer versions of Opera, it works again. I have version 11.0 on Windows XP and it works.
My NIG stats have finally disappeared. My EBTST stats are still available.
dserrano5
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by dserrano5 »

[Hitmap on google maps]
dserrano5 wrote:Still broken. Now I have 2 hits (had only 1 when I first reported this), but no arrows on the map. Firefox 3.6.13 and Chrome 9.0.597.19 on Ubuntu Linux.
It's working!! on Firefox 3.6.13 (same version) and Chrome 9.0.597.67 beta.
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

R/J wrote:
Nerzhul wrote:The Google Dotmap now features a shiny new options button which allows you to toggle:
(...)
Unfortunately Opera 10.50 doesn't work properly with the dotmap any longer.
It seems that with newer versions of Opera, it works again. I have version 11.0 on Windows XP and it works.
Yep, it's been working again ever since 10.62 or so.
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
SeanW
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by SeanW »

Hi everyone;

I just wanted to say about the EBT Animated Dotmap, I think it's pretty nice, but I would suggest that for those of us with fewer dots, the animation is a little bit fast, since it only "refreshes" at every point where the user added a new dot.

I suggest amending it so that it shows a frame for every month or a users EBT history, provided there are either new dots or significant colour changes to existing dots to make a new frame different.

Secondly, I only read on this thread now about the Google Hitmap! How do I get it?
Edit: never mind, I answered my own question: copy the URL of your "hits" picture and paste it, adding ;engine=gmb to the end of the URL. Incidentally, mine works perfectly, Firefox 4.0

Respect;
- Sean
Pole Doctor
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Pole Doctor »

Nerzhul wrote: (...)

The URL-parameter for enabling the dotcount (;dotcount=1) is now supported. There's also a new parameter to pre-set the map type (;maptype=1/2/3/4, where 1 = normal map, 2 = satellite, 3 = hybrid satellite, default = terrain) which allows you to bookmark your favorite map display settings. (Example)

(...)
It looks like this feature doesn't work anymore since the latest update. I have bookmarked my "normal" map (;maptype=1 appended) but it points to the default map (terrain).
Nerzhul
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Nerzhul »

Pole Doctor wrote:It looks like this feature doesn't work anymore since the latest update. I have bookmarked my "normal" map (;maptype=1 appended) but it points to the default map (terrain).
This should be fixed now.
EBT Webmaster | Author of the EBT-Tool | Dothunter! | EBT News on Twitter
Pole Doctor
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Pole Doctor »

Nerzhul wrote:
Pole Doctor wrote:It looks like this feature doesn't work anymore since the latest update. I have bookmarked my "normal" map (;maptype=1 appended) but it points to the default map (terrain).
This should be fixed now.
It is. Thanks ! :)
Jes
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Jes »

It seems that the hitmap is not working animore :(
Jes Speaks English, French, Spanish, Tokpisin and Esperanto. (Currently learning Swahili).
Don't fear perfection, you'll never reach it! (by Salvador Dali)
my EBT: http://es.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=121292" coins and banknote collector. :)
rlaurenssen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by rlaurenssen »

Hello everyone,

Since about a week I'm the proud owner of a Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and it has some great functions which could help dothunters a lot.
For example, google maps has app which you can use for searching and navigating. It also has the function to import your own maps from your
google account. Like in this example http://maps.google.nl/maps/ms?msid=2097 ... 194f&msa=0

I tried to open my own google-dotmap from the EBT site, but this does not functions so well on a tablet. The map is working, however navigating trough the map
is very difficult because you need to use the navigation buttons on the left side of your screen. Like in this map http://www.maasluip.nl/ebt/EBT-googleoverlay.html. On a normal PC screen this works great but not on my tablet.

Now I was wondering if it is possible to make a public map (like my example with the three markers) which I can use in the app for google maps.
This way I could have my dotmap with me, plus I can see my own position with the build-in GPS. Just the borders would be fine of course.
The colored dots I can check with the normal dotmap from the EBT website. If someone has the skills to make this, you would help me (and perhaps more dothunters) a lot :D .
Miles66
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: K€MP€N -> KR€IS VI€RSEN - NI€D€RRH€IN - NRW - G€RMANY - €UROP€

Post by Miles66 »

And now we need an Update from the script... Today I see only blank screens

avij wrote on Facebook:
"Google had this to say some time ago: "As you may be aware, JavaScript Maps API v2 was scheduled for shutdown on May 19, 2013. After listening to feedback from developers we decided to extend the deprecation timeline by six months, to November 19, 2013 to allow more time for migration to v3 of the API." That is the reason why the dotmaps are currently not visible. The scripts would need to be converted to v3. I wonder who could make that happen. It's not going to be me, I need to concentrate on my studies for the next month."

So, please Nerzhul - do it :-)
Grüße vom/Greetings from :flag-de: Niederrhein
Dirk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~ My €BT-Profile: Mil€s66 and my NIG-Stats ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
mizar
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

EBT maps changes

Post by mizar »

Where did the buttons go to show grid map, locations of cities where notes were entered etc?
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: EBT maps changes

Post by Kleman »

Google Map doesn't work anymore, when we zoom on it :cry:
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
googlejaps
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by googlejaps »

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but from a different website I heard they had a problem with maps because Google Maps was updated. I think some adjustments need to be made to make the maps work as before again.
m_vw
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by m_vw »

Any updates on this subject?
My first Note
My Stats (updated 2020.08.13)
portaonze
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by portaonze »

mizar wrote:Where did the buttons go to show grid map, locations of cities where notes were entered etc?
Actually I have also been wondering that for quite a while.
Always found the "city locator for entered notes" quite useful.
It allowed me to spot some "not so accurate locations" and ask for them to be corrected.
Any idea if and when we could have these features back?
Thanks.

Return to “Feedback and Development”