Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus, dserrano5

de*lerger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Eurobilltracker-site Feedback.

Post by de*lerger »

Hope this is th right topic to post this:

Recently I had a hit with EuroCash. As I do frequently, I went over to his/her profile to check the total number of hits we have. In this case 7 hits.
When I go to my list of hitpartners, EuroCash is in the list with 7 hits, but when I check the hitpartners list of EuroCash, my name doesn't appear.
My map
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Our webserver's HTTPS settings have been temporarily modified to disable one particular feature of OpenSSL, which may have security problems. Older browser versions may be affected.

If you have problems connecting to EBT this evening, this may be the reason.

edit: In particular, if you're using Internet Explorer 6 (on Windows XP), please upgrade to a more recent browser.

edit2: MSIE6 users account for less than 0.2% of all EBT users.

edit3: It is likely that SSLv3 will be disabled permanently. If you must use MSIE6, you can still use EBT if you uncheck the "secure login" checkbox at login.

edit4: For the technically minded folks, read some details of the vulnerability.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Location: summer: Ivanica, BiH ; winter: La Calamine (Liège) BE

Post by an-148 »

hi avij?

I know you are alone to maintain the site and that your time is restricted, but if it doesn't take too much time, would it be possible to re-implemnt the "second layer" on the google maps with our dots (this one that had a little square upside/right of the map with wishes like: dotcount, show grid, history of dots, etc ..)
it was fine to know immediately the number of dots (and the increase) after a new travel ......... and to play in " viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; "

many thanks :wink:
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Well, since you asked me.. My code contributions are currently (and in the foreseeable future) limited to whatever I might need for accomplishing my Tech WG tasks, like most recently, showing a message at login to users whose email address does not work. I may have some interest in fixing security-related bugs as well. Everything else must be handled by the proper members of the Development WG, regardless of the severity of the bug or a missing feature, and whether it'd be a "quick fix" or not. When :note-20: Europas or new printers show up, I won't be the one making the changes to enable those on EBT.

The Development WG leader is dserrano5. Consider asking him about this. Perhaps the Development WG has something coming up regarding this. I'm not their secretary.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

de*lerger wrote:Hope this is th right topic to post this:

Recently I had a hit with EuroCash. As I do frequently, I went over to his/her profile to check the total number of hits we have. In this case 7 hits.
When I go to my list of hitpartners, EuroCash is in the list with 7 hits, but when I check the hitpartners list of EuroCash, my name doesn't appear.
This seems to work now (no, I didn't do anything).
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by an-148 »

The Development WG leader is dserrano5. Consider asking him about this. Perhaps the Development WG has something coming up regarding this. I'm not their secretary.
thank you :wink:
http://meine.flugstatistik.de/image/an148.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
an-148
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by an-148 »

question to the developped WG:

@ dserrano5

would it be possible to re-implemnt the "second layer" on the google maps with our dots (this one that had a little square upside/right of the map with wishes like: dotcount, show grid, history of dots, etc ..)
it was fine to know immediately the number of dots (and the increase) after a new travel ......... and to play in " viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5507" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; "

Thank you in the name of all who used often this function :)
de*lerger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by de*lerger »

avij wrote:
de*lerger wrote:Hope this is th right topic to post this:

This seems to work now (no, I didn't do anything).
The 7 hits show up both ways now.
At first I thought it could be a cache problem. But my oldest machine (laptop, tablet, smartphone) dates from 2012 and by then I already had 5 hits with EuroCash. So the hitpartners list should have mentioned at least 5 hits.
My map
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

I just went to the contact form to edit a few notes i just entered with the wrong shortcode.
It didn't work because I would have entered an invalid shortcode. Z003J3 isn't that invalid I suppose :D
Maybe just a little bug that needs to be fixed.
Dioniz
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Dioniz »

I hope this is the right place to ask.

Is there any chance that this column on the picture would be a little bit longer? If you want to see notes from last three countries on the list (Slovenia, Spain, Vatican) you have to scroll down first and that is really annoying. :roll: :| If you could change this I would really appreciate it.
Attachments
hbgtf.png
hbgtf.png (192.46 KiB) Viewed 1793 times
My profile & EBTST & Hit-dots map
Hits: 612x :flag-si:, 253x :flag-at:, 50x :flag-de:, 23x :flag-it:, 9x :flag-nl:, 7x :flag-be:, 5x :flag-sk:, 4x :flag-fi:, 2x :flag-fr:, 1x :flag-ee:, 1x :flag-lt:, 1x :flag-gr:, 1x :flag-pt:, 1x :flag-es:, 1x :flag-hr:, 1x ME, 1x :flag-at: :flag-at:, 1x :flag-be: :flag-be:, 1x :flag-fr: :flag-de:, 1x :flag-be: :flag-at:
Flightdiary & Where's George?
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

I have enabled compression for some JavaScript and CSS files, despite the warning in the documentation that states "Keep in mind that compressed JavaScript and CSS files are broken in some browsers". If you are using such a browser, let me know and perhaps we can revert the change. This change may speed up page loading a bit.
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

Hello
I can't see the day of 29-03-2015 on this page:
http://fr.eurobilltracker.com/my_notes/ ... 8240;tab=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is it a ghost day ? :lol:
Mes stats

Monde: 47
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 562 406
Hits: 895
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Apparently, EBT does not (yet) accept Y/Y fivers.
Rotterdam #3, South Holland #11, NL #40, Int'l #325
My profile
negative
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by negative »

After entering the note, the message in lithuanian has a grammar mistake

Pls correct "išsaugiti" to "išsaugoti"

The text "Back to the input form" could be translated into "Grįžti į suvedimo formą"
Attachments
Priimta.JPG
Priimta.JPG (18.97 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Is this city name ("W\u00fcrzburg" at the time of typing this message) the result of some sort of Unicode / UTF conversion failure? I myself sometimes also have trouble when copy-pasting non-standard characters into city names or comments, such as the Eszett (ß).
Rotterdam #3, South Holland #11, NL #40, Int'l #325
My profile

Return to “Feedback and Development”