Please Moderate / Unmoderate this Hit

Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

eurobillfinder
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Re: Please Moderate / Unmoderate this Hit

Post by eurobillfinder »

Could someone please moderate all my hits with Fons. Do,nt keep any hits.

On 14.5 he asked moderation of my hits, all normally made and following the rules and regulations. Fairly enough this did'nt happen at that moment.

So, in fact, he makes his own rules and it is not funny anymore.

This is not how this game is played.

Thanks in advance.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

eurobillfinder wrote:Could someone please moderate all my hits with Fons. Do,nt keep any hits.

On 14.5 he asked moderation of my hits, all normally made and following the rules and regulations. Fairly enough this did'nt happen at that moment.

So, in fact, he makes his own rules and it is not funny anymore.

This is not how this game is played.

Thanks in advance.
That is not how the game is played either.

I'm not willing to dive too deep into this issue, but if this is true:
Fons wrote:I have found a bunch of his notes but he is mixing it on a way it's not funny anymore. This is not how this game is played.
then I have this to say: Trying to circumvent the "rules" (which are kind of flexibly defined anyway) by modifying your own note entering is not a good idea and moderators can moderate accordingly. Some people seem to think that the automatic moderation which moderates all zero-day hits and all similar hits is some sort of an absolute rule, but it is not. It is merely something that helps the moderators in their work. If there are people who enter known hit notes (such as a bundle of notes that was previously entered entirely by someone) gradually over a period of days, or if the notes in the bundle are entered from multiple places -- well, I for one would moderate away such hits. Note that this was only my personal opinion, others may have different opinions.

Moderating hits just because you don't like someone isn't appropriate.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

eurobillfinder wrote: This is not how this game is played.
Welcome first to the forum.

But please read carefully the section "Holding back notes, artificial entry patterns" at the Rules & Guidelines. Your notes show definitly artificially patterns. Or did you really visit each day 4different cities for only 25 notes?
eurobillfinder
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by eurobillfinder »

I carefully read the section rules and regulations.

i agree: in fact there are patterns, but not artificially.

They will remain that way. i have no other choice.

The last 2or 3 years I only take bills in 12 cities: 9 on the coast where I live and 3 in the Antwerp region where my children and grandchildren live and whereto I go fast every week.

Depending on the limits I have with my banks I take a few hundred notes per city with a max of mostly 300. And almost every day I enter bills from each city

So, I don't visit every day 4 cities for only 25 notes. Maybe you have the time for such things, I don't.

The only rule i try to respect is to enter the bills within a period of 14 days (don't know where I read that).

With that lot of bills, I ( rarely) make mistakes with sometimes unjust suspicion from other Belgian users.

Finally: my family comes in the first place; EBT is just a hobby.

When EBT wants to grow - and this is difficult the last few years - : make clear rules, with as little as possible discussion opportunities.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

eurobillfinder wrote:make clear rules, with as little as possible discussion opportunities.
Or perhaps people shouldn't take the moderation too seriously. There's a chance that some other hit does not get moderated, even if it isn't particularly interesting, or vice versa. Things will even out in the long run. Concentrating on just a few specific corner case hits and asking why they did/didn't get moderated will just raise everyone's blood pressure unnecessarily. This is especially true for those users who have thousands of hits, like you two. Relax.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
joergb30
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by joergb30 »

Again a "friendly hit" between Dornbusch2010 and me, please moderate it:
http://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=166211438
joergb30
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by joergb30 »

eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

A new user sowed to his friend how EBT works.
But now his friend entered that note too, so now it becomes a hit. Obviously it's a friendly hit.
Because nickvanbael is a very new user himslef, I think he knew the rules that clear that he should warn hs friend "Don't enter this note yourself".
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL
weblog - EBT-stats 24-05-2013 - hits: 1742 +59 triples +1 quadruple = 1802.

Facebook-profile + Geocaching + postcrossing
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

eurobillfinder wrote:I carefully read the section rules and regulations.

i agree: in fact there are patterns, but not artificially.

They will remain that way. i have no other choice.

The last 2or 3 years I only take bills in 12 cities: 9 on the coast where I live and 3 in the Antwerp region where my children and grandchildren live and whereto I go fast every week.

Depending on the limits I have with my banks I take a few hundred notes per city with a max of mostly 300. And almost every day I enter bills from each city

So, I don't visit every day 4 cities for only 25 notes. Maybe you have the time for such things, I don't.

The only rule i try to respect is to enter the bills within a period of 14 days (don't know where I read that).

With that lot of bills, I ( rarely) make mistakes with sometimes unjust suspicion from other Belgian users.

Finally: my family comes in the first place; EBT is just a hobby.

When EBT wants to grow - and this is difficult the last few years - : make clear rules, with as little as possible discussion opportunities.
I think I understand what's the issue.
It's not the way of entering the notes, but the way of bringing them back into circulation.
When I'm correct you get your notes from different cities (there's nothing wrong with that) and then you mix these notes before depositing them at the bank (so notes from the cities A, B, C etc. are deposited in the order ABCDEFGABCDEFGABCDEFG etc). If someone would receive 2 notes which stayed together, he would have 2 notes from different cities.
I can understand that, I used to work that way too.

In the Netherlands the money deposited in most machines is taken to a central location where they are checked and returned to different ATMs. The chance those notes stay together is very little, so than it's not an issue.
I stopped doing so when I noticed there also ATMs which can give out the notes (which are deposited) at the same time. When someone deposit 100 notes from different cities mixed up and another user take a lot of notes from the same ATM, those 2 users get a bunch of hits from different cities.
I wouldn't like to get such a bunch too.
In this case you have the disadvantage many ATMs in Belgium give the received notes again (I personally have experience with Belfius and KBC, but other banks can work the same way).
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL

eurobillfinder
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by eurobillfinder »

Quoting eddy de vries on 11.7.16

You are correct what's the issue.
In Belgium, just like in the Netherlands it is the same way: to a central location if.... the amount of notes is big enough, otherwise the deposited notes will again be given out.

You must know I mix each year ca 100.000 notes, and only a few hundrecd come back as "a bunch of hits"

If you don't like to recieve such a bunch of hits, there are a few opportunities: take your notes in small amounts, or be generous and indulgent, or make clear rules which can not otherwise be appreciated by each contender. That's not fair.

I worked my whole life with a bank and I know how things are coming.
eddydevries
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by eddydevries »

eddydevries wrote:A new user sowed to his friend how EBT works.
But now his friend entered that note too, so now it becomes a hit. Obviously it's a friendly hit.
Because nickvanbael is a very new user himslef, I think he knew the rules that clear that he should warn hs friend "Don't enter this note yourself".
This matter will be solved: nick mentioned in the forum he has asked to remove his entry. So than this won't be a hit anymore :D .
Eddy - Rotterdam - NL

Crossmaster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Crossmaster »

Doi merg prin pădure. Unul găseşte 100 de lei altul nu...

Mein Profil, meine NIG-Statistiken.
joergb30
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by joergb30 »

Please moderate this "friendly hit" with Dornbusch2010:
2016-08-24 13:53:52 10 EURVxxxx6690xxx (+) Vxxxxx Kassel (Deutschland, 34125)
2016-08-24 13:53:52 10 EURXxxxx2344xxx (*) Xxxxxx Kassel (Deutschland, 34125)
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

Another friendly hit asking for moderation: https://de.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=167832788
Meine Angst, dass die Autokorrektur einmal etwas Obszönes ausspuckt, wichst täglich.
LArdennais
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by LArdennais »

http://liste.eurobillets.free.fr/ : don't miss it every day ! à zieuter tous les jours ! kijk elke dag ! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... =fr&gl=US] : A utiliser sans modération ! :)

Return to “Feedback and Development”