Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: Incorrect dots and inaccuracies among city profiles

Post by aloxe »

Yet nothing incorrect… Just a new city not yet complete here

Březno is a village in the obec of Postoloprty. None of the two are yet on EBT. Březno has a different postcode (440 01)than Postoloprty (439 42) like most of the villages around… Because Březno is a common vincinity name in Czech republic, I wrote Březno (Postoloprty) to avoid confusion with other Březno despite the correct post code. Feel free to name it differently.

Ah, yes, I almost forgot, the other divisions of Postoloprty are
- Okres: Louny
- Kraj: Ústecký
a̳l̳o̳x̳e̳ • my other statsmy map of France
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Thanks, aloxe.

I need further clarification before changing anything.

Wikipedia tells me that:
  • Postoloprty is both a town and a municipal area.
  • The municipal area includes several cadastral communities, one of which is Březno.
  • In Czechia, the term 'katastrální obec' (cadastral municipality) was replaced by the new term 'katastrální území' (cadastral area) since 1928 according to the 177/1927 Sb. n. a z. Cadastral Act".
  • Březno is apparently also a village, not only an obec / územi.
If all the above is correct, I can do the change. (Notice that everything is just like you said, except for the small and irrelevant cadastral nomenclature.) I just need to be certain that Březno is an independent village, not just some administrative or cadastral division within the town of Postoloprty. (Villages and towns are all called "city" for EBT purposes, but administrative/cadastral divisions are not.)

If nobody opposes, I will name the "city" just Březno, without any detailing — that is, not "Březno (Postoloprty)". Within that region there is no other Březno, so I suppose the system deals with that as well as with any other common place name in other countries. Please someone who is city-admin or just knows the system better than I do correct me if I'm wrong.
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aloxe »

lmviterbo wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 11:28 pm
[*]Březno is apparently also a village, not only an obec / územi.[/list]
nope, this is not an obec (in the sense of a municipality), it is a čast města Postoloprty (district of the town of Postoloprty). The thing is it has a different postcode than the central district which is the town of Postoloprty. According to what you said, it is just a division and should not be named in EBT. Just the postcode 440 01 should be accepted for Postoloprty (as well as 439 42). If you update it that way, please tell me so that I rename my note.

:!: Březno is also the name of several municipalities in the same region in the okresy of Chomutov, Most, Ústi nad Labem for the one I know. Some of them are called Velké or Malé (big or small) or have disctricts with Malé and Velké. These municipalities have nothing to do with the Bězno in Postoloprty.

I hope I am clear.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

I just created Postoloprty and assigned it to Louny.

I was about to create the "locations" (pairs "city" / postal code):
Postoloprty (440 01)
Postoloprty (439 42)

Before that, though, I checked the official postal code search tool from Česká pošta, and I was surprised to see the format "43942" instead of "439 42".

Should I use the "nnnnn" format (all digits together, without a space)? (I have also checked the EBT database, and this has been the most used format.)
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aloxe »

Thanks for the info. For the postcode format, both work and postman will not refuse it but there is a tendency to write adresses with a space after the 3 first digits. Some forms have this space and it is visible on the howto write an address page from the local post: https://www.ceskaposta.cz/rady-a-navody ... at-zasilku

I don't know if this complies with ISO bu;-)t I guess on EBT you will see both.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Done and geolocated. Sorry for the delay.
siriusLT
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by siriusLT »

Hey,

Please add coordinates for Lygumai :flag-lt: 56°00′22″ N 23°39′29″ E

And merge:
Kryzkainis (https://lt.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=235985) with Kryžkalnis (https://lt.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=209631)
Raseiniu (https://lt.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=235986) with Raseiniai (https://lt.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?city=203946)

Thanks!
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

All done, thanks.

Here is a little help we the city managers ask everyone to do before asking for corrections. This saves us some time, and your request will be dealt with very quickly:
  • Link a note, not the city profile.
  • Give decimal coordinates (like 56.006, 23.656, not 56°00′22″ N 23°39′29″ E); no need for more than 4 decimal digits (digits to the right of the decimal point)
  • Don't forget to give also the municipality (in this case, the county / apskritis).
siriusLT
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by siriusLT »

lmviterbo wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:02 pm Here is a little help we the city managers ask everyone to do before asking for corrections. This saves us some time, and your request will be dealt with very quickly:
  • Link a note, not the city profile.
  • Give decimal coordinates (like 56.006, 23.656, not 56°00′22″ N 23°39′29″ E); no need for more than 4 decimal digits (digits to the right of the decimal point)
  • Don't forget to give also the municipality (in this case, the county / apskritis).
Will do that for sure, thanks for the tips!
negative
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by negative »

Hi, I would like to get the DOT for this note as it was entered in the airport El-Prat
https://lt.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=186307930

some how it's not on the map yet :(
dotelpratairport.PNG
dotelpratairport.PNG (61.88 KiB) Viewed 469 times

can somebody fix it? Thanks;)
romain17
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by romain17 »

Collectionne les pièces euros: http://fr.ucoin.net/uid10580
Profil: https://fr.eurobilltracker.com/profile/?user=192608
https://dserrano5.es/ebt/ebtst/stats/romain17/
Fier d'être Bressan !!!!!!!!!(Vive le poulet ;) )
Member of Database Working Group !
Français, English, Italiano.
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

negative wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:04 am Hi, I would like to get the DOT for this note as it was entered in the airport El-Prat
The only way to get the correct dot is for you to change the city to the official "Aeroport del Prat" or "El Aeroport del Prat", or even the EBT-official "Aeropuerto de Barcelona-El Prat".

Please copy carefully one of the designations above (without the quotes, of course). Any little typo will get your note in an unpredicted location.

Sorry for the mess — this is a quirk of Correos (the Spanish Post) that was replicated by EBT.

Now, I have to change my own entries at the airport too. :roll:
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

romain17 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:00 am I'm sure that these notes were not found in Bangor :flag-fr: but in Bangor in Wales :flag-uk:
Done, thanks.
romanm
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by romanm »

Please add the following city to EBT:
* Image Istočno Sarajevo, Coordinates: 43°49′N 18°21′E (wikipedia entry, sample note)
Thanks in advance!
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

romanm wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:37 pm Coordinates: 43°49′N 18°21′E (wikipedia entry
Thanks for all the information.

What a mess that is though, I mean the whole city encompassing several municipalities and towns, at least as per Wikipedia.

Since I know close to nothing about Bosnia and Herzegovina, and couldn't find reliable information, I just accepted your coordinates (which are the same as Wikipedia's, and make very little sense in my humble opinion), and updted the database accordingly.

If someone knows better, please feel free to correct the database or give further info for one of the city managers to correct it.

Return to “Feedback and Development”