Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Evert
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Re: Euro cash dispensers outside the Euro zone

Post by Evert »

Somes stores in Hungary take €, but you get the change in HUF. The best way to get euros is to change a small amount and give a bigger banknote.
My favorite money exchange in Budapest: http://www.goldchange.hu/

The same strategy works fine in Romania.
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

It works fine in all non-€ country :lol: :wink:
(but not in all Money Exchange Office 8O )
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
aloxe
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by aloxe »

Kleman wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:01 pm It works fine in all non-€ country :lol: :wink:
(but not in all Money Exchange Office 8O )
Une chaine que je peux recommander pour cet exercice en République tchèque est la mal nommée Tourist Centrum. Ils ont toujours accepté cette pratique et ils ont de bon taux de change. C'est très utile pour les dots, voyez la carte sur https://www.tourist-centrum.cz/pobocky
a̳l̳o̳x̳e̳ • my other statsmy map of France
roberdy
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by roberdy »

In :flag-se: Sweden, nowadays there's nearly no bank with an own ATM. All ATMs, also these located at the bank branches, are ran by the company Bankomat. On their site you can search for EUR-dispending ATM's (Filtrera på tjänst -> Uttag EUR) - but only for Swedish card holders. With my German cards no chance anywhere to take EUR - only SEK is offered :cry:

Forex Bank ATMs are a better address - I could withdraw up to 440 EUR, but converted into SEK.
I withdrew 180 EUR (9 x :note-20: U(Europa)) at the Jonköping branch - 2011,39 SEK were balanced, my account was charged with 191,87 EUR.
Whatever it takes for a new dot... :lol:

In general, on the Swedish countryside it's very difficult to impossible to get EUR notes, because exchange offices (e.g. Forex or ChangeGroup) are only located in bigger cities and bank branches usually don't have cash any more (and above all foreign currency). :(
kfb2
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by kfb2 »

With Visa Card from DKB you can get money without charge all over the world ( Tested: Singapore, Bali, Thailand, South Afrika, Dubai, Oman, Turkey, Czech, Hungary, all Euro Zone, Australia, USA, Israel Malaysia, Vietnam )
Last edited by kfb2 on Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

Any tips on Norway?
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

kfb2 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:30 pm With Visa Card from DKB you can get money without charge all over the world ( Tested: Singapore, Bali, Thailand, South Afrika, Dubai, Oman, Turkey, Czech Hungary all Euro Zone, Australia, USA Israel Malaysia )
Euro ?
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
kfb2
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by kfb2 »

in some countries I found Euro. Singapore, Bali, Vietnam Dubai many, but i don´t knoew the adresse. Tha card works with all ATM´s Euro or home
money without extra payment
de*lerger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by de*lerger »

It seems that all Danish ATMs have euro's available for non-customers. I tried machines of Danske Bank, Sydbank, Jyske Bank, Westjysk Bank and Sparekassen and with a Dutch card I had no problems getting euro's. But beware of the costs: there's a double exchange rate (EUR to DKK at the Danish bank and DKK to EUR at your bank) and there's a bank fee (DKK 60 at Sydbank, DKK 30 - 35 at the others).
My map
Fons
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Fons »

groentje wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:06 pm Any tips on Norway?
I have tried serveral atms in Norway which say they have euro in it.
Most of them didn't work with my card. (at airports for example). I could only choose for NOK
Some of them did actually work, in small towns where you wouldn't expect to find euro atms, but please be aware of the double exchange rates as mentioned by roberdy above.
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

I can live with double exchange rates, but some banks have extortionate fees. I'm the first to enter notes in Ål, but only because a local was ready to withdraw 2x €50 for my NOK, as he had a fee of 'only' 30 NOK, I would have paid 150 (!) NOK... I might be foolish enough to spend money on this hobby, but there are limits.
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

BTW, my experience has been thus far that I could withdraw € where available, but always with a fee of between 20 and 60 NOK (I refuse to go higher than that)
MDeen
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by MDeen »

The € ATMs at Southend airport (reported by bzajc) are one in the public departures hall between the check-in desks and the stairs to security (left side of the building) and one in the departure lounge (after security) at the back of the the MoneyCorp exchange desk opposite gate 4. Both only dispense :note-20: and my transaction was in euro, so no exchange rate.
Both MoneyCorps (the other is in the arrivals hall) were willing to exchange small amounts of € notes and coins to larger denominations for no fee. There is an ATM next to the MoneyCorp in arrivals but that one only dispenses £.
Bullmeister
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Bullmeister »

Gatwick airport in London (England) has recently installed atm's that despence €'s. Also Money Corp take small amounts of Euros and exchange them for smaller/ larger amounts. Worth noting if you are travelling through Gatwick. Hopefully we will see some more hits there ☺
Crazy Bob
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Crazy Bob »

Bullmeister wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:59 pm Gatwick airport in London (England) has recently installed atm's that despence €'s. Also Money Corp take small amounts of Euros and exchange them for smaller/ larger amounts. Worth noting if you are travelling through Gatwick. Hopefully we will see some more hits there ☺
Reported upstream already, 23 January 2011 and earlier:
ravestorm wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:50 pm
Jan010 wrote:
Crazy Bob wrote:Currently at London Gatwick airport; so far I've found just one ATM with euros, from Raphaels Bank, in the North Terminal (only :note-20: available). It's in the general part of the terminal, on the second floor. The other ATMs from Travelex give only GBP :( (which includes all ATMs after security, unfortunately).

Found that ATM and got a hit, opposite check-in zone B. Also another one from Raphaels Bank next to gate 105, after security.
And another one, still from Raphaels Bank, before Gate 55, after security

As last friday i arrived at Gatwick earlier then i used to I took the shuttle and i went to South Terminal to have a look at its general part but i didn't find any ATM to withdraw EUR, only GBP. :evil:

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”