Why low hits?

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Iori_Yagami
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Why low hits?

Post by Iori_Yagami »

How many hits is it normal to get? What if over 1000 notes and 1 hit? Is it typical? :(
Why would that be the case? Maybe not travelling and living in a hole in the backwater noone visits? :x
I still will go on euro tracking, though. :mrgreen:
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Why low hits?

Post by Kleman »

You're very lucky ! :mrgreen:
;)
I don't know where you live but it's indeed important for the hit ratio, with the hasard :wink:
Here in Bordeaux it's very difficult to have an actif hit.
More of 5000 notes encoded since my last actif hit...

Keep courage !
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
lmviterbo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by lmviterbo »

Hi, Iori_Yagami.

If, as I suspect, your name in EBT is DpilsLV, I can see a few reasons for your lack of luck.

First of all, you are at the moment the only active EBTor in the whole Pilsēta of Daugavpils. Even though your town seems to have a good hit ratio, it's mainly for two reasons: first, a no-longer active EBTor (Iveta) had/has a fairly good hit ratio (1/249, that is, 1 hit per every 249 notes registered, on average); secondly, together with Kraan, who is a megaEBTor and travels a lot, they have 13 of the 21 Daugavpils (Pilsēta) hits, skewing the hit ratio to a much better mark (1/240.76) than what should be the real odds of scoring a hit now.

Anyway, it is very common for the first hits to take a long time to appear; then, if you keep registering notes, the hit ratio is going to become better and better (lower and lower) as time goes by — this is what happens for the vast majority of EBTors.

So, keep registering notes! Even if you register just one per day, you're contributing a lot to the whole community, and your chances of getting a hit will improve.

Plus, there's all these games and statistics you can try and have fun with them. By the way, congratulations on recently using EBTCheck and publishing your stats.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Well, it's not an exact science. Your lifestyle or where you live do matter a little bit, as does what kind of neighbors you have (you may have many "small" ones or maybe two or three "big" ones... or maybe none at all... ). You do seem to be out of luck at the moment: your ratio is significantly worse than your regional and national averages. On the plus side, you are very close to oasis regions (Estonia and Finland, obviously, plus some German areas), I predict all sorts of hits going your way if you stick to the plan. :)
Last edited by Montgomery Burns on Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xerxes84
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Xerxes84 »

I've only had 19 hits in 15 years and over 12,000 notes. I had nearly 7 years between hits as well. At least half of my hits were outside of my home country as well. We have 2 big users in Ireland but I don't live near them.
JHN-TX
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by JHN-TX »

When you live in a big town or city,you are never far from a rat.
I believe,hit notes are like rats.
You pass them on the street every day.
They are in wallets and handbags,hidden from view.
Ghost hits that you can not see.
IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_0046.JPG (96.43 KiB) Viewed 2369 times
I don`t want your money, I just want your serial number

lyric. The face that I see in my mirror more and more is a stranger to me.
Some Days are Diamonds - John Denver
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Even "big" rat hunter in a big city (like me) may have a low hit ratio :P
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Haha, France is very clean - very few rats!
RKPLt
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by RKPLt »

Congratulations - you have got one more :)
My hint - lithuanian tracker jofanautai visit Zarasai near the Latvian border nearly every weekend, so there can be some tracked banknotes ;)
Geros medžioklės! / Have a good hunt!
Bullmeister
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by Bullmeister »

I too suffer from low hit rate. When I get to Ireland I enter as many notes as I can but unfortunately there are few active trackers near me!

Euro tracking is not very popular in Ireland and unfortunately it looks as if its in decline around europe too.
siriusLT
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by siriusLT »

Hi DpilsLV,

I come to Daugavpils sometimes and spread a lot of banknotes there (5€ and 10€ banknotes mainly). Last weekend I've spreaded over 350 banknotes of 5€ and a few 10€ banknotes at different places of Daugavpils so keep entering small denomination banknotes.

Interesting fact from the trip on last Saturday (2019-06-29) - there were a lot of shops in Daugavpils which didn't want to accept my old design/first series 5€, 10€, 20€ even though their banknotes' checking machines identified those banknotes as genuine. ~5 of them declined to accept these bills at all, for the others I said that either you take my money or I won't buy anything and they have accepted my bills. Most of the cashiers told me 'I can not accept old series banknotes, change them at the bank'.
Aatos99
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Aatos99 »

siriusLT wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:31 pm Hi DpilsLV,

I come to Daugavpils sometimes and spread a lot of banknotes there (5€ and 10€ banknotes mainly). Last weekend I've spreaded over 350 banknotes of 5€ and a few 10€ banknotes at different places of Daugavpils so keep entering small denomination banknotes.

Interesting fact from the trip on last Saturday (2019-06-29) - there were a lot of shops in Daugavpils which didn't want to accept my old design/first series 5€, 10€, 20€ even though their banknotes' checking machines identified those banknotes as genuine. ~5 of them declined to accept these bills at all, for the others I said that either you take my money or I won't buy anything and they have accepted my bills. Most of the cashiers told me 'I can not accept old series banknotes, change them at the bank'.
Odd 8O I haven't heard of any kind of limits to accept old serie notes. Maybe some shops have got that kind of message from the owners, but it's hard to believe that it could be any kind of official order.
Ei sitä koskaan tiedä_Aatos99
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Oh wow, that's terrible.
Iori_Yagami
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Iori_Yagami »

Thanks for kind words.
And yes, I am too confused. I didn't encounter any shops which would refuse old notes. Now, I also don't encounter any old notes (except 50s) in last years either, to give a better picture. I remember, there were quite a few old 20s alongside new 20s a couple of years ago. No problem at all. Same for 10s, though those disappeared VERY quickly. And Latvia never got old 5s, since (yup, you guessed correctly) Euro was introduced here only in 2014, a whole year after new 5er appeared. Right now old 50s and new 50s are equally as widespread and totally normal.
Honestly, I think you just got unlucky. Or maybe you look like a suspicious clueless foreigner with odd banknotes, who knows? :lol: Or maybe you visit some odd mom & pops shops? Typical supermarkets, center-located shops are quite knowledgeable and wouldn't pester you with silly nonsense like that. :roll: My wild guess is probably they're just lazy, and maybe there exists some rule, where they should go and exchange old notes for new ones, and they don't want to bother or something? No idea.
But yeah. Population count, and tourist numbers are a BIG factor in getting hits, I guess. :wink:
Mk1992
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by Mk1992 »

It's really hard to find hits now. Even here in :flag-nl:

Some facts:
- Of the last 17 months (since september 2018) only 6 were months with one or more hits for me
- My region of Limburg is now going 17 days without a single hit in the Province (1.1 million notes entered, 1:101 hit ratio normally)
- I have entered 511 notes since my last hit
- My last hit is 84 days ago
#1 user of Beek, #9 of Limburg, #103 of the Netherlands, #1021 EBT-wide (per 22.03.2024)
The only way is up!

Visited Countries: :flag-nl: :flag-be: :flag-de: :flag-fr: :flag-it: :flag-fi: :flag-pt: :flag-at: :flag-es: :flag-lu: :flag-si: :flag-sk: :flag-sm: :flag-cz: :flag-mc: + Liechtenstein

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”