TheUndertaker
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Re: Stamped notes

Post by TheUndertaker »

JordiJanTaxi wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:42 pm
TheUndertaker wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:35 pm
JordiJanTaxi wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:22 pm
TheUndertaker wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:01 pm EDFB3D22-F0A4-49C6-B09A-8AEF71563C89.jpegStamped some notes which would get rejected from circulation
Why should they get rejected?
Cuz ES1 and this ES2 Note has a tear
Being first series does not necessarily make bills elegible for circulation rejection. Many of us received 2002s from both ATMs and bank recirculators. As for the torn papers, I fix them with scotch tape (transparent adhesive) in the smallest possible amount. If you come across a bill fixed by me, you would probably never notice it.
Ur from :flag-es: arent you ?

Here in :flag-de: nearly all old notes haven sorted out by our NCB (we have a lot of them).
Most of the notes we receive from the ATM are bundels from the NCB which were controlled.

Today I tried to pay with a stamped EBT note the cashier wanted to ask the manager if she can accept this bill, so I sad " I can pay with my card too"
So she handed me my bill back and I left with my coffee :mrgreen:
JordiJanTaxi
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by JordiJanTaxi »

TheUndertaker wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:22 pm
TheUndertaker wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:01 pm EDFB3D22-F0A4-49C6-B09A-8AEF71563C89.jpegStamped some notes which would get rejected from circulation
Being first series does not necessarily make bills elegible for circulation rejection. Many of us received 2002s from both ATMs and bank recirculators. As for the torn papers, I fix them with scotch tape (transparent adhesive) in the smallest possible amount. If you come across a bill fixed by me, you would probably never notice it.

Here in :flag-de: nearly all old notes haven sorted out by our NCB (we have a lot of them).
Most of the notes we receive from the ATM are bundels from the NCB which were controlled.

Today I tried to pay with a stamped EBT note the cashier wanted to ask the manager if she can accept this bill, so I sad " I can pay with my card too"
OK, Danke schön. That's good info to know so I do not go on holidays to spend my 2002s in Germany.

But next time a cashier tells you any silly comment on a 2002 bill, you say that banknotes do not have an expiration date, and that it is not up to him/her to decide whether a banknote is suitable for circulation or not, and that if he/she doesn't like it, can give it as change to the next client (so keep the bill going :mrgreen:), and stop bothering civilized people and stop making people loose time with nonsense arguments. When a person is in charge of cash money, has THE OBLIGATION to know what is legal and what is not, and does not have to have a personal opinion or ask anybody else. I've used LOTS of 2002s to pay in Catalonia, in Spain, in Portugal, in France, from Cannes and Nice to Paris and Versailles, in Monaco, in Italy from Sanremo to Venice and from Genova to Rome, in Slovenia, and even, where accepted, €uro cash in der Schweiz, and also used for exchange to Francs in Switzerland and into Forint in Magyarország, and nobody has ever told me one word alone. My answer would have been the bill is legal tender, and I shall pay with this bill, or not pay. And let him/her decide. I will NOT allow anybody limitate my rights as a legal banknote bearer.

Best of luck :wink:
Last edited by JordiJanTaxi on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheUndertaker
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by TheUndertaker »

JordiJanTaxi wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:54 am
TheUndertaker wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:22 pm

OK, Danke schön. That's good info to know so I do not go on holidays to spend my 2002s in Germany.

But next time a cashier tells you any silly comment on a 2002 bill, you say that banknotes do not have an expiration date, and that it is not up to him/her to decide whether a banknote is suitable for circulation or not, and that if he/she doesn't like it, can give it as change to the next client (so keep the bill going :mrgreen:), and stop bothering civilized people and stop making people loose time with nonsense arguments. When a person is in charge of cash money, has THE OBLIGATION to know what is legal and what is not, and does not have to have a personal opinion or ask anybody else. I've used LOTS of 2002s to pay in Catalonia, in Spain, in Portugal, in France, from Cannes and Nice to Paris and Versailles, in Monaco, in Italy from Sanremo to Venice and from Genova to Rome, in Slovenia, and even, where accepted, €uro cash in der Schweiz, and also used for exchange to Francs in Switzerland and into Forint in Magyarország, and nobody has ever told me one word alone. My answer would have been the bill is legal tender, and I shall pay with this bill, or I do not pay. And let him/her decide. I will NOT allow anybody limitate my rights as a legal banknote bearer.

Best of luck :wink:
If your in the right area and postal code there is a high chance that i find them.
I never really had any trouble paying with old notes , but my grandparents had more then 1 times
The last time the cashier refused to take it.

But there still plants of old notes out there, when the month is coming to an end u always get more bills once I got over a 700€ in old 10-20 notes my second best yield.
My best yield was over a 100 x 10 notes which were from 2013 some kept it...
Or also over a 800€ in old 5s unfortunately I only had money for 100 but I took all forgeins.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

JordiJanTaxi wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:54 am But next time a cashier tells you any silly comment on a 2002 bill, you say that banknotes do not have an expiration date, and that it is not up to him/her to decide whether a banknote is suitable for circulation or not, and that if he/she doesn't like it, can give it as change to the next client (so keep the bill going :mrgreen:), and stop bothering civilized people and stop making people loose time with nonsense arguments.
I agree with you, and you are, of course, right. But the problem is, people working behind counters become picky because some of the people they face are picky, ie. they complain when they get "bad" notes in their change. As a taxi driver, this has never happened to you? I once handed a man at a shop a noticeably torn bill, and he immediately goes "let me just tape this up real quick... people don't like torn notes!" :) It's silly of people to act like bill "cops", but I sympathize with people who have to face complainers all the time. This is partly why I don't stamp as many bills as I'd like lol.
siriusLT
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by siriusLT »

:note-100: V.N:
IMG_5601.JPG
IMG_5601.JPG (2.53 MiB) Viewed 2466 times
JordiJanTaxi
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by JordiJanTaxi »

Montgomery Burns wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:03 pm
JordiJanTaxi wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:54 am But next time a cashier tells you any silly comment on a 2002 bill, you say that banknotes do not have an expiration date, and that it is not up to him/her to decide whether a banknote is suitable for circulation or not, and that if he/she doesn't like it, can give it as change to the next client (so keep the bill going :mrgreen:), and stop bothering civilized people and stop making people loose time with nonsense arguments.
I agree with you, and you are, of course, right. But the problem is, people working behind counters become picky because some of the people they face are picky, ie. they complain when they get "bad" notes in their change. As a taxi driver, this has never happened to you? I once handed a man at a shop a noticeably torn bill, and he immediately goes "let me just tape this up real quick... people don't like torn notes!" :) It's silly of people to act like bill "cops", but I sympathize with people who have to face complainers all the time. This is partly why I don't stamp as many bills as I'd like lol.
Yes, Sir.

We basically say the same things, except that you add one more reason and are quite more "politically correct". I am much less tolerant with what I consider is wrong acting or "personal theories" about legal facts.

My work life has three separated "ages": the last one, nine years now, in the taxi. Before this, I was for 14 years at the Greek Consulate in Barcelona, and before that, I had, for 15 years, a wine shop at Poble Espanyol, a touristic spot in Barcelona. I've received, in the already 24 years of cash managing, quite a few hundreds of torn or bad condition banknotes, including pre-euro currencies (mostly french francs and italian lire, but also german marks, greek drachmes, portuguese escudos, and other non euro currencies like swiss francs, australian, hong kong and us dollars, japanese yens...). The worst condition papers have always been the italian lire (and now with €uro, the S bills). I had three FULL cash drawers, meaning that people who paid in ITL and in FRF received the full change in their own currencies, coins included. Apart from these two, the rest of the currencies were accepted only in paper, change given in pesetas, and banknotes deposited in the bank.

I have never had any problem giving banknotes for change. Maybe bucause since the very beginning I had the vice of fixing bills very carefully with transparent adhesive tape.

Sorry for the "brick".

Best regards.
siriusLT
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by siriusLT »

IMG_5765.JPG
IMG_5765.JPG (1.16 MiB) Viewed 2361 times
Cocco2306
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Cocco2306 »

:note-20: :flag-f
.....A.V. S.p.A.-VICENZA
siriusLT
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by siriusLT »

:note-10:
10e.jpg
10e.jpg (851.46 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
siriusLT
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by siriusLT »

Happy :note-100: banknote but no hit:
100e.jpg
100e.jpg (75.1 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
westwind
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by westwind »

Greek Constantinos? 8)
constgr.jpg
constgr.jpg (940.72 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
JordiJanTaxi
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by JordiJanTaxi »

westwind wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:03 pm Greek Constantinos? 8)

constgr.jpg
Correct.

Spelt ΚΩΝΣΤΑΝΤΙΝΟΣ

Was it a "Y" bill?
westwind
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by westwind »

JordiJanTaxi wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:53 pmWas it a "Y" bill?
Probably strange, however it wasn't Y bill how could it seem. The note is N015/NB that is very common in Lithuania and I got it in local ATM 8)
siriusLT
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by siriusLT »

MSNW (or MNSW rotated) on :note-50:
MSNW.jpg
MSNW.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 1895 times
TheUndertaker
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training