Concerns? Let us know by posting here.

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons, dserrano5

Oliverve
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Re: Suspicious notes and users

Post by Oliverve »

Oliverve wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:45 am
Oliverve wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:15 am The german user GBS comes to Granada (Spain) and finds not only one bill but two bills coming from Germany and entered in the same place (Hattersheim am Main) by the same user taucher...

2021-11-17 23:12:06 5 EURSxxxx7794xxx (*) Sxxxxx Granada ( Flag for España España, 18001)

2021-11-17 23:37:17 5 EURNxxxx3850xxx (*) Nxxxxx Granada ( Flag for España España, 18001)

... just a coincidence, nothing more. :lol:
GBS keeps being so lucky: last night he has obtained two more hits during his travel to Spain, one in Sevilla and another one in Málaga... "finding" two bills coming again from two German cities: Leipzig and Nürnberg.

2021-11-19 00:05:19 5 EURYxxxx4867xxx (*) Yxxxxx Sevilla ( Flag for España España, 41001)

2021-11-19 00:14:32 5 EURUxxxx7164xxx (*) Uxxxxx Malaga ( Flag for España España, 29001)

It is so hilarious that after seven years supposedly travelling around Europe, precisely a German users finds in the south of Spain a bill which was entered initially in Gemany...
GBS has obtained another hit in the south of Spain (once again, in Málaga), coming from Gemany as the four previous ones...

2021-11-20 08:31:47 5 EURNxxxx1718xxx (*) Nxxxxx Malaga ( Flag for España España, 29001)
Oliverve
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Oliverve »

Oliverve wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:10 am
Oliverve wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:45 am
Oliverve wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:15 am The german user GBS comes to Granada (Spain) and finds not only one bill but two bills coming from Germany and entered in the same place (Hattersheim am Main) by the same user taucher...

2021-11-17 23:12:06 5 EURSxxxx7794xxx (*) Sxxxxx Granada ( Flag for España España, 18001)

2021-11-17 23:37:17 5 EURNxxxx3850xxx (*) Nxxxxx Granada ( Flag for España España, 18001)

... just a coincidence, nothing more. :lol:
GBS keeps being so lucky: last night he has obtained two more hits during his travel to Spain, one in Sevilla and another one in Málaga... "finding" two bills coming again from two German cities: Leipzig and Nürnberg.

2021-11-19 00:05:19 5 EURYxxxx4867xxx (*) Yxxxxx Sevilla ( Flag for España España, 41001)

2021-11-19 00:14:32 5 EURUxxxx7164xxx (*) Uxxxxx Malaga ( Flag for España España, 29001)

It is so hilarious that after seven years supposedly travelling around Europe, precisely a German user finds in the south of Spain a bill which was entered initially in Gemany...
GBS has obtained another hit in the south of Spain (once again, in Málaga), coming from Gemany as the four previous ones...

2021-11-20 08:31:47 5 EURNxxxx1718xxx (*) Nxxxxx Malaga ( Flag for España España, 29001)
On the afternoon, another hit between Germany and the south of Spain obtained by GBS, six hits on four days: two in Granada, two in Málaga and two in Sevilla... this is a very bad joke! :evil:

2021-11-20 12:36:46 5 EURWxxxx4841xxx (*) Wxxxxx Sevilla ( Flag for España España, 41001)
Europa28
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by Europa28 »

Ich finde es nicht in Ordnung, dass wegen des vorstehenden Forumbeitrags von Oliverve die Spanien-Treffer von GBS moderiert wurden. GBS ist Powertracker und versucht immer viele Scheine von den Orten zu bekommen, an denen er ist. Wenn ich die Kommentare in den Scheinen richtig deute, wechselt er sich in allen möglichen Geschäften Scheine zusammen. Er hat in Malaga 171 Scheine, in Sevilla 239 Scheine und in Granada 167 Scheine eingegeben. Warum sollen da bitte keine Treffer dabei entstehen? Das ist Sinn von EBT. Macht euch mal Gedanken, ob ihr mit rigorosem Moderieren nicht Powertracker vergrault. Ohne Powertracker halten sich Treffer dann bei allen in Grenzen.
Gruß
Europa28
Lasterpaule
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Lasterpaule »

Europa28 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:33 pm Ich finde es nicht in Ordnung, dass wegen des vorstehenden Forumbeitrags von Oliverve die Spanien-Treffer von GBS moderiert wurden. GBS ist Powertracker und versucht immer viele Scheine von den Orten zu bekommen, an denen er ist. Wenn ich die Kommentare in den Scheinen richtig deute, wechselt er sich in allen möglichen Geschäften Scheine zusammen. Er hat in Malaga 171 Scheine, in Sevilla 239 Scheine und in Granada 167 Scheine eingegeben. Warum sollen da bitte keine Treffer dabei entstehen? Das ist Sinn von EBT. Macht euch mal Gedanken, ob ihr mit rigorosem Moderieren nicht Powertracker vergrault. Ohne Powertracker halten sich Treffer dann bei allen in Grenzen.
I don't think it's okay that the Spain hits were moderated by GBS because of the above forum post by Oliverve. GBS is a power tracker and always tries to get lots of tickets from the places he is. If I interpret the comments in the bills correctly, he will switch bills together in all sorts of shops. He entered 171 notes in Malaga, 239 notes in Seville and 167 notes in Granada. Why shouldn't there be any hits? That is the purpose of EBT. Think about whether you are not pissing off Powertracker with rigorous moderation. Without a power tracker, hits are limited for everyone.

:wink:
Gruß Paul (Lasterpaule)
:note-5: :note-10: :note-20: :note-50: :note-100: :note-200: :note-500: <--- klick

Statistiken

„Wer die Freiheit aufgibt um Sicherheit zu gewinnen, der wird am Ende beides verlieren.“
Benjamin Franklin
Arminius
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Arminius »

We should try our best to avoid letting this degenerate into a thread of denunciation.
A few weeks ago another German power tracker was in Greece and found two German banknotes there - but nobody complained.

What is the probability of encountering well-traveled banknotes at tourist locations?
What is the probability of encountering German banknotes in tourist locations in southern Spain?
:?:
jeff44
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training

Post by jeff44 »

ROMA_0100 Again

https://fr.eurobilltracker.com/notes/?id=215914544

Fake towns or no towns at all
mes stats mise à jour le 1er de chaque mois
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

Arminius wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:49 amWe should try our best to avoid letting this degenerate into a thread of denunciation.
Ehm..... to a certain degree the essence of this thread - as the title already says- is to denunciate suspicious users and/or the notes they enter.

Regarding the hits in question: while I'm willed to believe that there can be hotels where German tour operators book a lot of beds (and therefore, the notes brought to the hotel come from all over Germany), I can also see why having only German hits in Spain, although in touristy areas, may rise suspicion. I've seen quite a lot of :note-5: entered by this user in Spain (in the "last notes entered" section, then setting to Spain), as well as higher notes with a "Bank"-comment.
What I cannot comment on, is how likely it is to receive a lot of :note-5: , even if you change higher notes into them. As there are (and to my knowledge never have been) Spanish power-trackers, I'd suppose :note-5: are uncommon in ATMs and therefore shops may be unwilling to give away the few :note-5: they have and need as change. However, I don't know enough about the situation of EBTers in Spain so I can also be completely wrong with what I've just said :oops: :oops:
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:
Oliverve
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Oliverve »

Lasterpaule wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:43 pm
Europa28 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:33 pm Ich finde es nicht in Ordnung, dass wegen des vorstehenden Forumbeitrags von Oliverve die Spanien-Treffer von GBS moderiert wurden. GBS ist Powertracker und versucht immer viele Scheine von den Orten zu bekommen, an denen er ist. Wenn ich die Kommentare in den Scheinen richtig deute, wechselt er sich in allen möglichen Geschäften Scheine zusammen. Er hat in Malaga 171 Scheine, in Sevilla 239 Scheine und in Granada 167 Scheine eingegeben. Warum sollen da bitte keine Treffer dabei entstehen? Das ist Sinn von EBT. Macht euch mal Gedanken, ob ihr mit rigorosem Moderieren nicht Powertracker vergrault. Ohne Powertracker halten sich Treffer dann bei allen in Grenzen.
I don't think it's okay that the Spain hits were moderated by GBS because of the above forum post by Oliverve. GBS is a power tracker and always tries to get lots of tickets from the places he is. If I interpret the comments in the bills correctly, he will switch bills together in all sorts of shops. He entered 171 notes in Malaga, 239 notes in Seville and 167 notes in Granada. Why shouldn't there be any hits? That is the purpose of EBT. Think about whether you are not pissing off Powertracker with rigorous moderation. Without a power tracker, hits are limited for everyone.

:wink:
Thank you for the translation, Lasterpaule. :wink:

Frankly speaking, I only share here the most evident suspicions that I have between the bills that are entered in Spain (others, I keep in a file waiting for more future evidences before denouncing a suspicious user) and most of the times, no action is done... so probably, this time things are really clear for the moderators: for me it is a surprise that an action has been taken so quickly. Anyway, saying that the validity of a note has to be judged due to its comment has not sense, since comment are written by each user and can be real or untruth...

For sure there can be hits in every place but... all coming from Germany? There are some Spanish users entering bills in Sevilla and it surroundings frequently, lately there have been some French, Belgian and Italian visitors in Sevilla because I have seen their notes entered, in Malaga there are always many tourists... for me me it is impossible to believe that all those hit come from Germany, even if it would be possible but the probability is really negligible: we are not talking about one hit coming from Germany to Spain, we are talking about six hits coming from Germany to Spain and in three different places... to not doubt is impossible, sorry.

Anyway, I have just shared the evidences but I do not have any influence in the decision... but from my point of view, being a powertracker it is a boring hobby, specially when you find a bundle of bills entered by another user a few days before in the same place: which is the charm of that activity? :?
Oliverve
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Oliverve »

Arminius wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:49 am We should try our best to avoid letting this degenerate into a thread of denunciation.
A few weeks ago another German power tracker was in Greece and found two German banknotes there - but nobody complained.

What is the probability of encountering well-traveled banknotes at tourist locations?
What is the probability of encountering German banknotes in tourist locations in southern Spain?
:?:
If there would not be denounces on this thread, which would be the sense of its existence? 8O

Frankly speaking, I just check regularly the bills entered in Spain, so I do not know what happens in Greece but two is three times less than six...

The probability of encountering well-traveled banknotes at tourist locations can be high... but in three different cities and all coming from the same country? Too much luck, please be realistic... :roll:
Oliverve
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Oliverve »

GWR7007 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:52 pm
Arminius wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:49 amWe should try our best to avoid letting this degenerate into a thread of denunciation.
Ehm..... to a certain degree the essence of this thread - as the title already says- is to denunciate suspicious users and/or the notes they enter.

Regarding the hits in question: while I'm willed to believe that there can be hotels where German tour operators book a lot of beds (and therefore, the notes brought to the hotel come from all over Germany), I can also see why having only German hits in Spain, although in touristy areas, may rise suspicion. I've seen quite a lot of :note-5: entered by this user in Spain (in the "last notes entered" section, then setting to Spain), as well as higher notes with a "Bank"-comment.
What I cannot comment on, is how likely it is to receive a lot of :note-5: , even if you change higher notes into them. As there are (and to my knowledge never have been) Spanish power-trackers, I'd suppose :note-5: are uncommon in ATMs and therefore shops may be unwilling to give away the few :note-5: they have and need as change. However, I don't know enough about the situation of EBTers in Spain so I can also be completely wrong with what I've just said :oops: :oops:
As far as I know, the ATMs of the Spanish banks do not give :note-5: bills and even, many of them just give :note-20: and :note-50: bills.I imagine that if you want to obtain a big quantity of :note-5: or :note-10: bills you should go to your bank office and request them to the bank teller and the most probably is that you must need to have an account there and be a customer that deposit periodically its incomes on the account.

Powertrackers in Spain would probably be investigated by the Revenue Services due to the movements on their accounts and probably, be requested to justify the origin of all those bills that they do not stop to deposit and withdraw on their accounts... :|
portaonze
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by portaonze »

This is the international area of the forum.
It is not respectful to use any other language than english.
Any moderators around?
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by groentje »

Not everyone is as comfortable with writing in English. Should they be banned from communicating in this part of the forum?
GWR7007
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by GWR7007 »

portaonze wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:43 pm This the international area of the forum.
It is not respectful to use any other language than english.
Any moderators around?
Lasterpaule provided a translation in his post. While I can understand your appeal to only write in English, I don't think it is necessary to get moderators involved in this case....
my EBT profile

If you'd like to contact me, don't hesitate to write a PM to me, or to send an email. I can understand German (native language), English and Dutch :wink:
marbe166
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by marbe166 »

This user with few notes entered has a hit rate of 1:3.5 and all his/her hits are with the same user. Very suspicious:
https://en.eurobilltracker.com/profile/ ... ser=216549

Return to “Feedback and Development”