I've entered my first bills on EBT

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Staxman
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

I've entered my first bills on EBT

Post by Staxman »

I started the “Difficulty passing Euro bills?” thread a few weeks ago, and I finally got some bills entered, but not in the way I intended. I met my friend for breakfast a week ago Saturday, and I wrote down the serial numbers and printer codes of his five €10 bills. When I got home, I found that I’d written down the printer codes incorrectly. I’m farsighted and have presbyopia, I have difficulty reading fine print up close, and it caught up with me. And then I got an idea.

I asked my bank if they could do foreign exchange, and they can, so I decided to get €50. They said I couldn’t choose denominations, but I could request large or small bills, and I requested small bills. A couple of days later I had three €10 bills and four €5 bills—exactly the mix of denominations I would have asked for if I’d had the choice.

I just entered the bills on the site 90 minutes ago. I looked at the printer codes under a magnifying glass, and this time I got them right. The €5 bills were from Portugal, the €10 bills from Germany.

I plan to write the EuroBillTracker URL on the back of the bills, then exchange them for U.S. dollars at a foreign exchange bureau. And then we shall see! As you might guess, I became pretty determined about this.
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Re: I've entered my first bills on EBT

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Excellent!
Kleman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Kleman »

It's great Staxman !!
You can let many bills in Currency Exchange offices, it's the better place to get € for EBTers outside the eurozone !!

Montgomery Burns wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:08 pm Excellent!
:lol: :lol:
Mes stats

Monde: 34
France :flag-fr: : 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1

Notes: 882 825
Hits: 1436
Staxman
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Staxman »

As per the plan, I marked the bills on the back, and today I exchanged them for US $ at a foreign exchange bureau. The clerk turned them over so the backs were facing up before counting them. He seemed to hesitate for a second when he saw the URL on the first bill, and then he went back to counting them and didn't comment. By the way, the Where's George forums have all sorts of threads about the reactions of people who receive marked Where's George bills.

So I paid about $1/day for the privilege of having had these bills, but I expected that. And now we shall see. I wonder how long it will take them to make their way back to Europe. Barring a trip to Europe, I don't foresee getting any more Euro bills.

Is there any easy way to find out how many bills have been entered on this site from the United States?
ErGo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by ErGo »

Staxman wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:17 am Is there any easy way to find out how many bills have been entered on this site from the United States?
https://en.eurobilltracker.com/profile/ ... ted+States
Montgomery Burns
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Montgomery Burns »

Staxman wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:17 am Is there any easy way to find out how many bills have been entered on this site from the United States?
We have profiles for towns/cities, administrative units and countries here at EBT.

As you can see there, the profile for the United States has been posted. A quick note: 52 "states" are listed there because no distinction was made for the District of Columbia, plus places like Puerto Rico and Guam were "mashed" together to form a "state" called Unincorporated Territories.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”