EBT+forum were unavailable on 23.2.2024

Announcements about Eurobilltracker or this forum

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, eddydevries, claudio vda, dserrano5, Nerzhul

avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

EBT+forum were unavailable on 23.2.2024

Post by avij »

EBT and the forum were unavailable on 23.2.2024 between 14:34 and 16:37 CET due to a server crash. Unfortunately the logs did not give any clues for the actual reason of the crash. If this happens again I'm going to suspect some sort of a hardware fault.

The outage went unnoticed (by me) for a longer period than what I would have hoped. There is now a better notification system in place which alerts both myself and wisi if the server goes down unexpectedly. Both myself and wisi now have the ability to reset the server if needed.
Money makes the world go round. We track how the money goes round the world.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: EBT+forum were unavailable on 23.2.2024

Post by avij »

This happened again this evening. Fortunately I happened to be around to quickly reset the server. Downtime was around 15 minutes.

In addition to the server crash, the server is again experiencing inexplicable IPv6 connectivity issues (see IPv6 graphs). This same thing has happened earlier, but started working again after the previous incident's reset. I have disabled EBT's IPv6 addresses from DNS for now. This change is unlikely to affect anyone, but for your information anyway.

I will be transferring EBT to a new identical server in the hope that the new server hardware would work better. This is scheduled to happen on Monday 25.3. at 01:00 CET. There will be a few hours of downtime while the server is being cloned.
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: EBT+forum were unavailable on 23.2.2024

Post by avij »

The server move was successful - we're now running on a new server. Downtime was 01:00 - 03:09 CET.

Return to “Announcements”