How does it look from your window

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

User avatar
Chiel
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 8:48 pm
Location: Groningen. the Netherlands

Post by Chiel »

...at the basement where there are no windows....
What kind of a job would that be, I wonder :)

By the way, I would love to post a pic of my view here, but I don't have it here and I don't have digital photo camera either.
But my view mainly consits out of a busy street with 4 buslines running through, and police vans on Sundays when there is a football match in the nearby stadium :)
Money in hand, that´s buying / Penger i hånden, det er kjøp --- Erlend Loe
User avatar
tiura
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed May 19, 2004 12:59 pm
Location: Turku, Finland
Contact:

Post by tiura »

Chiel wrote:...at the basement where there are no windows....
What kind of a job would that be, I wonder :)
Here's a link: http://www.sticktech.com

I work there as a production engineer.
User avatar
Yannn
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 341
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:52 pm
Location: Mandelieu (06), France

Post by Yannn »

Here is the view out of my window, a few weeks ago...

Image
User avatar
groentje
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3016
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:47 pm
Location: Brussels Capital Region, Belgium

Post by groentje »

I don't have a camera too, so I'll just describe what I see now.
Through the window, I see a wood pigeon, pecking on a piece of wood, some poor lawn, some pine, two birches, some garbage (I'll go and pick up that empty can in a moment), and a big grey wall at about 30 metre. It's a very big garden for the city centre of Leuven... The sun has gone hiding behind some dark grey clouds, just now... :(
coastal
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:39 pm
Location: Barcelona

Post by coastal »

Not the best picture because it's a dull March evening and the trees are bare.
It looks much better when the sun is out.
For those who are interested in metros, that's Girona station, line 4 (yellow), Barcelona :)
Image
Last edited by coastal on Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Speukes
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:13 pm
Location: Hasselt, Belgium

Post by Speukes »

We have bought a house recently.

This is our view were we live now:
Image

and this is our view in a few months:
Image

Notice any differences?
coastal
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:39 pm
Location: Barcelona

Post by coastal »

...and now looking the other way, 2 hours later
Image
Needed a steady hand to take that one :)
User avatar
Klazu
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 7683
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:34 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by Klazu »

Nice urban view coastal. I would like to live some time in a metropol like Barcelona. But just some time. I love it here in Joensuu, where we have 56 000 inhabitants, all services and a REAL winter. Still some 60cm snow here. Maybe I should post some photos some day. :wink:
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).
User avatar
mirella
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 199
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:19 pm
Location: Heinola, Finland

Post by mirella »

coastal: What a gorgeous night view!
coastal
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 404
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:39 pm
Location: Barcelona

Post by coastal »

Thanks. I think that's more to do with Barcelona being so photogenic than my photography skills!
User avatar
N0W1K
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4097
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:37 pm
Location: Barcelona

Post by N0W1K »

Tomorrow I'll post my pics from Barcelona :)
User avatar
Poutsi
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 804
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 9:37 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Contact:

Post by Poutsi »

I visited my parents this weekend so I took these pics from my old room:
Image
Image

...yeah, I used to live pretty much in the middle of a forest. 8)
User avatar
cornjac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 16227
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:29 pm
Location: Bergen op Zoom Nederland

Post by cornjac »

Very nice pics Poutsi^ marvellous nature there :D

Cornjac :roll:
User avatar
Apila^
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 984
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:56 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Post by Apila^ »

Image

Taken few days ago. Not a terrific scenery, I'd say. But this is quite peaceful neighbourhood and the rent is pretty low, so what the heck 8)
User avatar
Schaza
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 672
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:45 am
Location: Heinola, Finland
Contact:

Post by Schaza »

My view from kitchen window... some renovations going on here, so there is some extra stuff in this nice view... :(

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”