Maybe I just need to stamp more, I haven't stamped any for a long time.
Stamped notes
Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus
I stamped about 500 of them, starting more than two years ago, and only 5 were enteredbocky wrote:I think I've stamped about 10 or 15 notes to see what would happen, but they seem to have disappeard... No hits with stamped notes so far
Maybe I just need to stamp more, I haven't stamped any for a long time.
Moreover, none of those 5 people became a regular user.
Seems to be some "interactive art" project. Here are images of another one: http://interactingarts.org/moneystamping/gallery.html
The gallery actually has a picture of this "Could somebody else ..." stamp. Maybe some initiative for people in need? Unfortunately the comment does not say where that stamp came from.
Christian
The gallery actually has a picture of this "Could somebody else ..." stamp. Maybe some initiative for people in need? Unfortunately the comment does not say where that stamp came from.
Christian
- Dakkus
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4734
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:59 pm
- Location: No Helsinkiem, Somijas / Iš Helsinkio, Suomijos
- Contact:
The idea of making a special stamp is however quite great. The note will stay a lot longer in circulation when the stamp is only one long line instead of three shorter ones.
A picture of such stamp:

I think a stamp like that can be built py cutting a normal Lidl-/Aldi-stamp into smaller pieces and then glueing those pieces to a piece of wood.
If I find a suitable piece of wood, I will probably make my stamp one line high :)
A picture of such stamp:

I think a stamp like that can be built py cutting a normal Lidl-/Aldi-stamp into smaller pieces and then glueing those pieces to a piece of wood.
If I find a suitable piece of wood, I will probably make my stamp one line high :)
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
- Fonzie
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1268
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:16 pm
- Location: Stadskanaal, The Netherlands
- Contact:
Welll... one out of 100 is not a bad hit ratio, especially not for ItalyLou Crazy wrote: I stamped about 500 of them, starting more than two years ago, and only 5 were entered
Niet meer zo fanatiek als ooit maar is nu al voor het 8ste jaar aan het invoeren... Overigens is een klein deel van mijn biljetten gestempeld met de ebt url
Today I have found this banknote with the same stamp!Bobtail wrote:Today I got an Irish 50 euro note that had been stamped:
It's definitely "group", but the upper text is too messy to read. "Widows Group", maybe?Well, perhaps not, because the first letter looks like "M". Has anyone seen something like this before?
Wow, finding such stamps all around the Europe!
What are the odds for that?
This is pretty interesting. I hope someone is able to clarify this to us...
Living away from Euro zone in the beautiful Vancouver, Canada since January 2012. Experiences and stories of living in here can be found in here (in Finnish).




