Demonstration this saturday?

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Phaseolus, Crazy Bob, Fons, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

nodisch18 wrote:I know that they (belgium, germany and france) don't want that it seems that they support a war. But I think that it's very wrong if you don't support your allies! Even if you send some defensive weapons you can still protest against a war!
!
France, Germany and Belgium support their allies! The crisis has just begun because the USA wanted to devide the Europeans... The demonstrations today show that they missed!

Their plan was simple: devide Europe, isolate France and Germany (and Belgium in NATO), and then tell dirty things on these "baaad" allies.
I have read really disgusting things in the American press... I don't even speak about the american media!

I have watched CNN this morning, when the Europeans were still demonstrating. They were talking about the difficulty of a war in the rain, the new technology for the coming war, the "proof" of a connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda... A well thought propaganda!!

Since I live in North America, I am amazed by the power of the Americn propaganda in the media!!
nodisch18 wrote: But nevertheless I think we really should support Turkey in their request!
Does Turkey really need this missiles?

Olivier
(still -30° in Montreal today!! brrr)
eurobillsandcoins
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by eurobillsandcoins »

In Toronto today, there was a demonstration which around 60000-70000 people attended around the area where my former foreign exchange office was.
Hong Kong-Asia's world city.
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

Tiger wrote:America make the rules but don't follow them themselves!
They have a law to attack Den Haag when an American is convicted there, they don't follow Kyoto, ...
The rulers of the USA are just a bunch of cowboys who don't have any respect for the rest of the world.
OK, They do have power, but I think they're exagerating.
I agree with you... I regret that situation. I wish the American people could react and empeach its president, or elect another one next year!
Tiger wrote: Europe can't compete with America
Don't you think it's high time fot Europe to get its own defense policy?
Tiger wrote: It's about dictators, islam, terrorism,... Why not involve Isreal? They also have mass-destruction weapons... Then you get to the Jews, you get to World War II, etc...
Ariel Sharon should be judged in a belgium court, for the crimes he has made! I support Belgium with its law against which gives it a universal competence!
I just regret that the Americans will never be judged out of their country because of the veto on the International Justice Court...
As we say in France "deux poids, deux mesures".

And when the entire world is talking about a war in Irak, Ben Laden loughs and prepares other actions...
USA should look for Ben Laden instead of trying to isolate "the old Europe"!

O.
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by emmem »

Olivier wrote: I have watched CNN this morning, when the Europeans were still demonstrating. They were talking about the difficulty of a war in the rain, the new technology for the coming war, the "proof" of a connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda... A well thought propaganda!!
Where is the time that the media were more or less objective.

CNN became big (known all over the world) due to the Gulf war. At least that is what I seem to remember. So in this light another war in the Gulf will make CNN even bigger. Therefor it is probable that CNN is pro war an thus not objective. :?
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

emmem wrote: So in this light another war in the Gulf will make CNN even bigger.
I'm not sure... since the early 90's, rthere are many new info-channels now. CNN is just one beyong them...

Here, I watch RDI (Réseau de l'Information, a channel of Radio-Canada), I also watch Euronews... I have Internet, with all I need (Le Monde, Yahoo, EBT forum... ;) ).

The information is no longer "american only". The period of The Voice of America is over. CNN is weaker since Internet.
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Skylimit »

eurobillsandcoins wrote:In Toronto today, there was a demonstration which around 60000-70000 people attended around the area where my former foreign exchange office was.
Imagine the number of bills in their pockets :wink:
Time is on our side ...
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Skylimit »

Olivier wrote: And when the entire world is talking about a war in Irak, Ben Laden loughs and prepares other actions...
USA should look for Ben Laden instead of trying to isolate "the old Europe"!
Bin Laden has made all of this possible : this war rethoric with preventive strikes and attacks on souvereign countries to find terrorists, a true blessing for the hardliners. Imagine the opportunities : maximize the budget for controlling your own citizins, a splendid opportunity to secure the oil reserves and divide Europe en-passant, be present in a very strategic part of the world : Afghanistan and relocate troups in Europe further to the east ...

Tell me, why would they ever want to catch this man ... he is a blessing :evil: :evil:
Time is on our side ...
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by nodisch18 »

Today I heared that the NATO has come to eachother. Hopefully the EU also does today!

I think this weekend has shown everbody that most people don't want a war in Iraq.

On the dutch radio they said that approximatly (?) 6 million people around the world were demonstrating this weekend.
"The world is like a book, those
who don't travel only read the first page
"
HNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by HNL »

nodisch18 wrote:I think this weekend has shown everbody that most people don't want a war in Iraq.
Polls shows different results... :idea:
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by BossaNova »

nodisch18 wrote:
On the dutch radio they said that approximatly (?) 6 million people around the world were demonstrating this weekend.
these are some numbers of the portuguese public tv:

London - 1.7million
Madrid - 2million (4 in all Spain)
Rome - 1million
Lisbon - 70 000 :cry:
etc etc

they didn't gave a total world number.. very hard to calculate, but surely more then 6 million...

bn :arrow:

war sucks, bush sucks, "the 8" gang sucks.... new global order? LULA IS MY HOPE!
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by BossaNova »

HNL wrote:
nodisch18 wrote:I think this weekend has shown everbody that most people don't want a war in Iraq.
Polls shows different results... :idea:
what polls??? all the polls I know, made in Portugal, Spain and UK (all members of "the 8" gang) are clearly against the war..

also German, French, and global European polls..

even some american polls, says that people don't want a war without UN support...

bn :arrow:
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

BossaNova wrote:
London - 1.7million
Madrid - 2million (4 in all Spain)
Rome - 1million
Lisbon - 70 000 :cry:
etc etc
150 000 in Montreal !!! :o
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Skylimit »

It seems that demonstrating helped in convincing the British and Spanish gouvernment. The EU has reached an agreement ...
It won't stop the war though ..
Time is on our side ...
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by emmem »

Phaedrus42
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie

Post by Phaedrus42 »

They create a desolation and call it peace.

Tacitus (100 AD)

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”