Bill entry forms

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Bill entry forms

Post by emmem »

This thread is partly related with the following post.
http://membres.lycos.fr/eurotracker/php ... =1534#1534

The idea allows users to choose between different forms to enter their bills. To do this some tabs can be added on top of the forms. I was thinking of the following tabs

Classic
The form as it is now

Alternative
With field order
  • Value
    Serial
    Year
    Short code
In case someone will like to enter his or her serial first. :wink:

Extended
With additional fields
  • - a listbox asking where we did get the note (an idea of exxodus; "In a shop", "in a bar", "out of the bank", "from a friend", "Other...").
    - a listbox inquiring about the state of the bill (new, good, wrinkled, dirty, dirty and wrinkled)
Alternate Extended
Combination of extended and alternative

If possible we could also track which type of form was last used by a user and when he (or she) logs in he (or she) will get the last used form. :)
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by smh »

It would also be great if there is a form where you can enter multiple bills at once instead of doing it bill by bill.
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by emmem »

I have to admit that this type of form would be a great help to users who enter many bills. On the other hand it is also a tool that allows faster entering of fake data too :(

In my opinion this last thing should not necessarily mean we shouldn’t implement it. I just think only some users should have access granted to this type of form. Users who have already entered a large amount of bills. And send a scan or a picture of some of their bills (as a proof).
BossaNova

Post by BossaNova »

what would be nice, was if we could write the date of the day we got the note.. I don't know if this happens with many users, but some times I write notes' numbers in a piece of paper and only a few days I can register it on the site.. and on holidays I spend many days without going to the net..
TC
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training

Post by TC »

good idea for extended form!

it's more easy to write with simple "click" on choice
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by smh »

Or instead of a form to enter several bills at a time, at least make it possible to just enter instead of clicking with the mouse to register a bill.
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by smh »

Really. does that work? To be honest, i never tried :oops: :oops:
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by emmem »

BossaNova wrote: what would be nice, was if we could write the date of the day we got the note.. I don't know if this happens with many users, but some times I write notes' numbers in a piece of paper and only a few days I can register it on the site.. and on holidays I spend many days without going to the net..
I had the same problem in March (went to France for a week to ski). After I returned I entered my bills with as comment that I got those bills 2 to 9 days earlier (since I didn’t note the exact date when I got the bills). :?

The possibility of entering a date (or maybe even a period) when you got the bill would be nice. In the EBT database this way you would have 2 dates: when you entered the bill and the date you claim you got the bill.

If you don’t specify a date the system should automatically presume you got the bill the same day you entered it. :P

And of course it should not be possible to enter a bill on a future date. :roll:
TC wrote: t's more easy to write with simple "click" on choice
I understand what you mean. I think those things where you can click on are called radio buttons or option buttons. I’m not sure. :?:
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Donald »

The postcodes are also difficult to know, when you want to specify correctly a note you have gotten in a foreign country. I would like to have a link to all the postcodes of the country I have visited. This could be in the particular country's language. If you have visited a certain country, you will probably understand a little bit of this country's language.
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by smh »

Probably a lot of websites to find postcodes, but you can find Dutch ones on http://www.pttpost.nl

And maybe some links to codes of other coutries http://www.pttpost.nl/zoeken/postcodes/buitenland.html

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”