Dollar keeps falling against Euro

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Phaseolus, Crazy Bob, Fons, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

When will the Euro have its introduction value back?

1 March
13%
1 August
13%
1 January 2004
9%
Never
22%
When US starts war against Iraq
44%

Total votes: 32

Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

Skylimit wrote:
Olivier wrote: USA like a weak and devided political EU...
That's a good summary ... and the British are helping them ...
[By not joining the Euro, but also by stating they would help Bush to invade Irak with or without the UN, and before consulting the other EU-members]

Nevertheless, I would like the British to come on board, we will all benifit.
They will probably do as soon as they'll understand their interest is not to act as an american colony...

O.
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

Poutsi wrote: I've heard that in Russia, where the usual reserve-currency has been the almighty buck, the euro is used more and more (at least in the westernmost parts).
In the past, I've seen an article that says there are more US Dollars in use outside the USA than inside. Would that become the same for our Euro too for the futur?
Than, we should promote our site outside the EU more :twisted: :lol:.
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

bhoeyb wrote:
Poutsi wrote: I've heard that in Russia, where the usual reserve-currency has been the almighty buck, the euro is used more and more (at least in the westernmost parts).
In the past, I've seen an article that says there are more US Dollars in use outside the USA than inside. Would that become the same for our Euro too for the futur?
Than, we should promote our site outside the EU more :twisted: :lol:.
It's true, for the dollar... And these dollars are called "eurodollars" (true!!).
If one day all these eurodollars came back to the US, they would know an huuuuuge inflation!!!

For the euro... look the list of the countries. There are already euros used in America, Asia... :-)

Something would be interesting for the intersting hits list: put a flag for the two last countries it has been used in... For the moment, I think it a bit boring to open each link...

Olivier
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

Olivier wrote:It's true, for the dollar... And these dollars are called "eurodollars" (true!!).
If one day all these eurodollars came back to the US, they would know an huuuuuge inflation!!!
Maybe that's the reason the USD is doing not so good at the moment.

So, let's all exchange Dollars for Euro's :twisted: :twisted: :lol:.
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

bhoeyb wrote:
Maybe that's the reason the USD is doing not so good at the moment.

So, let's all exchange Dollars for Euro's :twisted: :twisted: :lol:.
I don't buy any US dollar, I don't need any... :o)
I buy canadian dollars at the present time. It has never been so weak...

My money is still in Europe, where the interest rates are better for me than in North America. :wink:

O.
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Skylimit »

bhoeyb wrote: So, let's all exchange Dollars for Euro's :twisted: :twisted: :lol:.
Many already did so indirectly by selling Stock on the Wall Street ... There is a very strong correlation between the stock indexes and the dollar. If trust would be regained in the American Economy, stock prices would rise and so would the dollar ... All this Iraq blabla is diverting attention from the real issues.

What is also true of course is that incertainty is killing the stock exchange, so what I read yesterday is also partly true ... if the invasion is a fact, part of the incertainty is gone (the date), and may put a stop to the falling stock prices .... That is the sick thing about our system ... How it all links together can lead to very frightening conclusions
Time is on our side ...
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

Skylimit wrote: if the invasion is a fact, part of the incertainty is gone (the date), and may put a stop to the falling stock prices .... That is the sick thing about our system ... How it all links together can lead to very frightening conclusions
Yes, but in another hand, nobody knows (yet) how long the war (if there is a war) will take place... And if the war is long, it's very bad for the american economy.

I have watched GW Bush yesterday night. All the planet wants a proof to allow him to do his war, but I doubt there is any proof...

Olivier
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

1,10 $ for 1 € ... the record since March 1999 !

I have read that the value of the euro the experts estimate is 1,20$ for 1 € at the end of the year... !

What do you think about the new strength of the european money? :-)

Olivier
K3lvin
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular

Post by K3lvin »

Olivier wrote:1,10 $ for 1 € ... the record since March 1999 !

I have read that the value of the euro the experts estimate is 1,20$ for 1 € at the end of the year... !

The euro is going to be overvaluated at this rate. I remember a story from Finnish business magazine telling that 1,11 $ for 1 € is the point where it really starts to hurt exporting.
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by airis »

It seems that foreign central banks and others want more euros.
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... _mz035.htm
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Olivier »

K3lvin wrote:
Olivier wrote:1,10 $ for 1 € ... the record since March 1999 !

The euro is going to be overvaluated at this rate. I remember a story from Finnish business magazine telling that 1,11 $ for 1 € is the point where it really starts to hurt exporting.
On the other hand, the oil costs less...
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training

Post by Skylimit »

airis wrote:It seems that foreign central banks and others want more euros.
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... _mz035.htm
Thanks for the link, airis
Time is on our side ...

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”