Do you call the fries...

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

How do you call the fries?

French fries?
16
41%
Fries (after all, it has been creatd in Belgium!)
19
49%
Liberty fries, Equality fries, Fraternity fries or Freedom fries?
2
5%
I don't eat fries. I don't want to be fat...
2
5%
 
Total votes: 39

User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

BossaNova wrote:Batatas Fritas in Portugal.. like Pommes Frites..

no nationality in them..

although we have the french garlic (alho francês)

bn :wink:
really? :)
User avatar
Wouter1
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:12 pm
Location: Oegstgeest, NL
Contact:

Post by Wouter1 »

NEXT question: What do you put on your fries??

In the NL we have a whole range of sauces.

Most of the times I take mayonaise or Special (mayo, chopped unions and ketchup)
Want to know everything about German watches? JUST CLICK and go to the >>> GermanWatchesForum
User avatar
eurobillsandcoins
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 754
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Hong Kong SAR
Contact:

Post by eurobillsandcoins »

Sounds tasty..........Chopped UNIONS,didn't know you could eat unions.... :wink:
Hong Kong-Asia's world city.
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

Wouter1 wrote:NEXT question: What do you put on your fries??
Ketchup! :P
User avatar
eurobillsandcoins
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 754
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Hong Kong SAR
Contact:

Post by eurobillsandcoins »

I used to use ketchup, but now it appears if I use ketchup with my fries people give me a strange look I use dijon mustard now, and it tastes great! :lol:
Hong Kong-Asia's world city.
esperantisto
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 108
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 3:17 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Post by esperantisto »

sate saus (did I spell that right?)
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

Ketchup, Mayonaise or Cocktail.
:)
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
User avatar
Venga
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1727
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 7:57 am
Location: Utrecht Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Venga »

I don't like fries guys, French or whatever. They are too salt for me! But indeed, Eurofries sounds tasty.
User avatar
Antti
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 555
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2002 3:59 pm
Location: Turku, Finland, EU

Post by Antti »

eurobillsandcoins wrote:Sounds tasty..........Chopped UNIONS,didn't know you could eat unions.... :wink:
it totally depends on what kind of unions you are eating, you know unions can be anything.
Does someone know why are the belgian fries called french? I didn't know they are belgian before someone mentioned it on this forum.
nowadays I like to chock people by asking if they want some belgian fries. :D The most frequent answer is something like 8O . I've had great fun :lol:
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Meppel, Drenthe, NL

Post by wouter »

I put Sate or curry on my fries (patat)

Satesauce

Image

curry
Image
The Force is like Duck-tape, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

Tiger wrote:Ketchup, Mayonaise or Cocktail.
:)

I like the Béarnaise, too! :P
User avatar
francky
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 3:13 pm
Location: Marly la ville -Europa
Contact:

Post by francky »

I am honour that the americains have Freedom like French synonym!
:twisted: :roll: :wink:
Francky [fr][en :?: ]
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

wouter wrote:Image
Heinz is the best ketchup! :P
K3lvin
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu May 09, 2002 1:16 am
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Post by K3lvin »

Olivier wrote: Heinz is the best ketchup! :P
I agree :)
User avatar
eurobillsandcoins
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 754
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Hong Kong SAR
Contact:

Post by eurobillsandcoins »

Olivier wrote:
wouter wrote:Image
Heinz is the best ketchup! :P
Curry ketchup never seen it before. :cry:
Hong Kong-Asia's world city.
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”