new option added to the user profile
Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus
- nodisch18
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1497
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:25 pm
- Location: Sint-Oedenrode
- Contact:
new option added to the user profile
Today i noticed that by every user-profile the total worth (waarde) of the inserted money is displayed...? Since when is that option added...?
Last edited by nodisch18 on Mon May 26, 2003 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The world is like a book, those
who don't travel only read the first page"
who don't travel only read the first page"
- avij
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 6192
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
- Location: Helsinki Finland
- Contact:
Re: new option added to the user profile
A few moments ago. However, I realized that not everyone would like all the world to know how much money (in euros) they are handling, so I've removed the ability to view that data for other users, at least until we've reached a consensus about this. In the meanwhile, it'd be nice from you or someone else to .. um, edit your posts a bitnodisch18 wrote:Since when is that option added...?
Here's what my own user info page looks like now:
- Tiger
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1072
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
- Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
- Contact:
Hmmmmmz strange !
My own database says
Aantal bankbiljetten: 3575
Totale waarde: 142950 EUR (5766588.705 BFR)
Gemiddelde waarde per biljet: 39.986013986014 EUR (1613.0318055944 BFR)
That's 30 EUR less than on EBT !
My own database says
Aantal bankbiljetten: 3575
Totale waarde: 142950 EUR (5766588.705 BFR)
Gemiddelde waarde per biljet: 39.986013986014 EUR (1613.0318055944 BFR)
That's 30 EUR less than on EBT !
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese
- Tiger
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1072
- Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
- Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
- Contact:
I don't know how this could have happened....avij wrote:Sounds like you've entered one 20€ note as a 50€ note on EBT. How about comparing the note value distribution between your own database and EBT?Tiger wrote:That's 30 EUR less than on EBT !
I always enter my notes first in my own database, and then I copy/paste them per 20 into the advanced forum....
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese
- emmem
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 974
- Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
- Location: Brussels
- Contact:
Re: new option added to the user profile
Maybe we can let the users decide in their user profile. Something likeavij wrote:However, I realized that not everyone would like all the world to know how much money (in euros) they are handling, so I've removed the ability to view that data for other users, at least until we've reached a consensus about this. In the meanwhile, it'd be nice from you or someone else to .. um, edit your posts a bitThanks.
Hide my value statistics to other users
The default value should be set to on.
Last track:.31-07-2007.:
- nodisch18
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1497
- Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:25 pm
- Location: Sint-Oedenrode
- Contact:
Re: new option added to the user profile
I think the default status should be off,emmem wrote:
The default value should be set to on.
I think it is nicer to the user. because then the can choose what they want, not what they don't want....
"The world is like a book, those
who don't travel only read the first page"
who don't travel only read the first page"
Re: new option added to the user profile
nodisch, I think you're confused. the option to hide should be set to on... and I think we all agree with that. If it would be set to off, the default would be to show the values, not to hide them...nodisch18 wrote:I think the default status should be off,emmem wrote:
The default value should be set to on.
I think it is nicer to the user. because then the can choose what they want, not what they don't want....
Maybe it happened when you just came to the site and the advanced form wasn't available yet?Tiger wrote:I don't know how this could have happened....
I always enter my notes first in my own database, and then I copy/paste them per 20 into the advanced forum....
Well you can allways export a csv file and compare the databases.
The Force is like Duck-tape, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
Cool option!!!!!!!!!
Cool option!
My total value is now 10285 euro!
I just entered notes with a total value of 320 euro.
Today I passed the 10.000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gebruiker : Fons
Lid sinds: 2002-05-09
Werkendam, Netherlands (4251 **)
Laatste Biljet Ingegeven : 2003-05-27 20:17:22
Number of notes entered : 856
Value of notes entered : 10285 E
Average denomination of notes entered : 12.02 E
Distribution of note values
5 E 317 1585 E
10 E 389 3890 E
20 E 98 1960 E
50 E 47 2350 E
100 E 5 500 E
PS: I changed the eurosigns in E because I get a strange code when I post something with a euro sign in it.
My total value is now 10285 euro!
I just entered notes with a total value of 320 euro.
Today I passed the 10.000 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gebruiker : Fons
Lid sinds: 2002-05-09
Werkendam, Netherlands (4251 **)
Laatste Biljet Ingegeven : 2003-05-27 20:17:22
Number of notes entered : 856
Value of notes entered : 10285 E
Average denomination of notes entered : 12.02 E
Distribution of note values
5 E 317 1585 E
10 E 389 3890 E
20 E 98 1960 E
50 E 47 2350 E
100 E 5 500 E
PS: I changed the eurosigns in E because I get a strange code when I post something with a euro sign in it.
- avij
- Forum Moderator

- Posts: 6192
- Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
- Location: Helsinki Finland
- Contact:
Re: Cool option!!!!!!!!!
I thought it's an unnecessary burden for EBTers to export their bills to CSV and Excel so that they could get the total value of notes they've entered. I'm glad you liked the new featureFons wrote:Cool option!![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Note to translators: I've added quite a lot of new entries to Babel, so it's possible to translate even more of the site to your native language. Feel free to update the translations. The tabs in FAQ / Statistics / Advanced bill entry form were a bit tricky, but I think I've got 'em fixed now (Works For Me(tm)). As usual, let us know if there are problems.Fons wrote: Laatste Biljet Ingegeven : 2003-05-27 20:17:22
Number of notes entered : 856
