Icon for EBT (VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE ICON NOW)

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

User avatar
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:02 pm
Location: Geilenkirchen

Post by Donald »

This leads me to one more proposal: For the coming poll, please display the candidates as they appear on the surface of a browser. This would help me to imagine how it possibly looks on my screen.
User avatar
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:36 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by micro »

Here are two pages which contain those icons: GIF version and ICO version. I'm not sure about the technical details yet. They both run with my Mozilla browser but not with IE6 :? . The ICO seems to lack transparency.

The icon's colors need not be black on white. Maybe there's a better color combination.
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Meppel, Drenthe, NL

Post by wouter »

micro wrote:Of course I tried this before I posted the icon, just forgot to tell:

*Image*
To just keep some competition here is my try in a browser window
I just copy-paste :lol:

Image
The Force is like Duck-tape, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
User avatar
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6192
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland
Contact:

Post by avij »

Donald wrote:This leads me to one more proposal: For the coming poll, please display the candidates as they appear on the surface of a browser. This would help me to imagine how it possibly looks on my screen.
Yes, I can take care of that when the poll starts. Until then, please submit your images at a resolution of 32x32 pixels (or also at 16x16 if you want).
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

wouter wrote:To just keep some competition here is my try in a browser window
I just copy-paste :lol:

Image
Humm... I like how that one looks at 32x32 too... good job
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Meppel, Drenthe, NL

Post by wouter »

EuroBillTracker wrote: Humm... I like how that one looks at 32x32 too... good job
Thanks :oops: Well I have absolutely no graphic talents. This simple picture was made in MS Paint and the quality is very poor. But is has a small advantage because I tried to use a font which remains good to read on a smaller size

I've made another try and fitted in the EBT sign also on the browser tab.

Image

But I think I made them somewhat to big this time.
The Force is like Duck-tape, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
User avatar
BogPoet
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1249
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:05 am
Location: Loulé/Lisboa

Post by BogPoet »

wouter wrote: I've made another try and fitted in the EBT sign also on the browser tab.

Image

But I think I made them somewhat to big this time.
I like the first one better. Less is more when it comes to the web.
Tracking (again) Image
User avatar
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:36 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by micro »

micro wrote:Here are two pages which contain those icons: GIF version and ICO version.
Can somebody see the icon in Internet Explorer?

BTW, it might be a good thing if the icon appeared not only in the browser's address bar but in a larger version on the website itself. The user could recall it easier then.
wouter
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: Meppel, Drenthe, NL

Post by wouter »

I can see the icons in IE6 :D
The Force is like Duck-tape, it has a dark side, a light side and it holds the universe together.
Eurofan
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:29 pm

Post by Eurofan »

45 minutes to go before the voting starts 8O

My advertising campaign budget is rather small, so all I can afford is a somewhat bigger and more colourful version of my candidate for the icon. Here you go:

Image

Let the best entry win :wink:
User avatar
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6192
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland
Contact:

Post by avij »

(edited to remove the candidates, they're now visible in the voting topic)

I had planned to just reactivate the poll in this topic, but that plan backfired because phpBB remembered the votes that had been given in the previous poll, although the vote options had been deleted during the deadline extension period. So, if you all could just visit that voting topic and cast your vote, I'd be happy :D
Last edited by avij on Sun Jun 08, 2003 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:02 pm
Location: Geilenkirchen

Post by Donald »

Nice selection of alternatives. Will there be a poll or must we vote in this thread? If so, I give my vote to the micro track.
User avatar
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6192
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 10:45 pm
Location: Helsinki Finland
Contact:

Post by avij »

Donald wrote:Nice selection of alternatives. Will there be a poll or must we vote in this thread? If so, I give my vote to the micro track.
There's a poll, but it's been moved to a new topic for technical reasons.
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”