IMHO the front of the bill is the one with the short code.
What’s the front of a note?
Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus
- emmem
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 974
- Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
- Location: Brussels
- Contact:
What’s the front of a note?
Well the question was posted by our webmaster in another thread started not long ago by Stefan. I just converted this into a poll. 
IMHO the front of the bill is the one with the short code.
IMHO the front of the bill is the one with the short code.
-
Stefan
- Euro-Newbie

- Posts: 25
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:37 pm
- Location: Behind my PC in Zevenaar, the Netherlands
- Contact:
I answered this question in my own post, and I'm doing it again here: the front is the side with the serial number.
But in response to this post, I took a look at some notes, and considered the side with the short code the front after all.
Oops, I've been marking the wrong side...
But in response to this post, I took a look at some notes, and considered the side with the short code the front after all.
Oops, I've been marking the wrong side...
May the Euro be with you.
- pinguino79
- Euro-Expert in Training

- Posts: 313
- Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 5:44 pm
- Location: Vicenza, Italy, EU
You know, I have never thought about it.
My opinion is that the side with the short code looks like a front
BTW, when I comment notes on EBT, I never write front and back but bridge side and window side.
My opinion is that the side with the short code looks like a front
BTW, when I comment notes on EBT, I never write front and back but bridge side and window side.
4 gmail invites available. Send a PM providing your e-mail address.
The short code side is the front side, according to the European Union website: "Windows and gateways dominate the front side of each banknote... The reverse side of each banknote features a bridge from a particular age".
http://europa.eu.int/euro/html/rubrique ... 00|chap=16
http://europa.eu.int/euro/html/rubrique ... 00|chap=16