Shredded banknotes
Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer
- eurobillsandcoins
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 754
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:55 am
- Location: Hong Kong SAR
- Contact:
Shredded banknotes
Hehe, I have a collection of shredded bills from around europe, very interesting. I own a jar of 10.000 Belgian Franc notes that have basically been turned to dust, (there are still remains), I own two bricks of French notes from the ceremony on Feb. 17th in Paris at the French Finance Ministry, I have a complete green brick (500F bills) and a pink and orange brick (100F, 200F). I have 8 large packs of shredded German bills (every denomination). I have a jar of shredded Finnish markkaa, shredded escudos, shredded Lira, Shredded Pesetas, shredded Schillings. I also own shredded euro by the Deutsche Bundesbank, most shreds are mixed quite a bit in that one. Any of you have shredded notes?
Hong Kong-Asia's world city.
- eurobillsandcoins
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 754
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:55 am
- Location: Hong Kong SAR
- Contact:
I have friends around the central banks in Finland, Portugal, Belgium, Italy, Spain. These shreds were not available to the public, but the french bricks were handed out at a invitation ceremony in France and the green brick is worth 150€ in online auction.The German notes are readily available at the Bundesbank for 60 euro total for 1000 shredded notes of each denomination. (I bought at online auction, cost me 20€)BogPoet wrote:No, but it should be quite interesting to have some of those over my fireplace at home (just kidding - I don't have a fireplace). Just for kicks, how much did they cost (if anything at all?)
Hong Kong-Asia's world city.
- eurobillsandcoins
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 754
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:55 am
- Location: Hong Kong SAR
- Contact:
Where they shredded newer 10s (mulitcolour) or the older one?barclay wrote:I once saw a park bench totally made out of old Fl10 noes from the Netherlands..
It was made of 100.000 shredded notes with a value of 1.000.000 guilders (about EUR 450.000)
I can't remember where I saw it..
Hong Kong-Asia's world city.
- eurobillsandcoins
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 754
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:55 am
- Location: Hong Kong SAR
- Contact:
That's great! In case you remember where it is please post it here!barclay wrote:I once saw a park bench totally made out of old Fl10 noes from the Netherlands..
It was made of 100.000 shredded notes with a value of 1.000.000 guilders (about EUR 450.000)
I can't remember where I saw it..
I have shredded German marks once worth 25'000 DEM. It is pressed in a cylindric form and bears a sticker that says "The D-mark is going, the euro is coming".
- eurobillsandcoins
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 754
- Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:55 am
- Location: Hong Kong SAR
- Contact:
From Germany I have the "Millionenbrikett"(1.000.000 DM block made entirely of 1.000 DM shreds, the 500.000 DM block (made of 500 DM bills, 250.000DM block(made of 200DM, 100.000DM block made of 100DM, a bag of 1000 50 DM bills, a bag of 1000 20DM bills, a bag of 1000 10DM bills, a bag of 1000 5 DM bills. 1.935.000 DM total. 
Hong Kong-Asia's world city.
- Annie_in_exile
- Euro-Master in Training

- Posts: 990
- Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:51 pm
- Location: Brussels
- Contact:
-
phrenzy
Re: Shredded banknotes
Sorry t bump your forum uninvited but I was wondering what the status and availability of shredded euro is? I kow theres still alot of old currency floating about but what about notes that would otherwise be legal tender if they werent in a couple dozen pieces?
Re: Shredded banknotes
Spam ! 
Mes stats
Monde: 28
France
: 1
Local (Bordeaux): 1
MILLIONNAIRE !!!
Notes: 1 225 842
Hits: 2353
Dans 9534 villes de 28 pays
Monde: 28
France
Local (Bordeaux): 1
MILLIONNAIRE !!!
Notes: 1 225 842
Hits: 2353
Dans 9534 villes de 28 pays



