Moderated Hit list

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Mr Euro wrote: Okay, now we have only 44 hits. Eeumm, I think we need to rethink the moderating thing again...
What's wrong ? Obviously someone has moderated bills with a small time interval...
PS: I have a log ;)
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

EuroBillTracker wrote:
Mr Euro wrote: Okay, now we have only 44 hits. Eeumm, I think we need to rethink the moderating thing again...
What's wrong ? Obviously someone has moderated bills with a small time interval...
PS: I have a log ;)
This is OK, now we have (almost) a realistic hit list :!:
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

bhoeyb wrote:
EuroBillTracker wrote:
Mr Euro wrote: Okay, now we have only 44 hits. Eeumm, I think we need to rethink the moderating thing again...
What's wrong ? Obviously someone has moderated bills with a small time interval...
PS: I have a log ;)
This is OK, now we have (almost) a realistic hit list :!:
Yes! There is no more serials of same hits, no more hits with less than 24 hours between two registrations... I still have some doubts on some, but it's more realistic than last week!

I have not got any hit yet. :-(

Olivier
TC
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:44 pm
Location: Belgique, Wavre

Post by TC »

and me i haven't any hit too... and i have 2525 bills entered... :(
User avatar
Mr Euro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2396
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:59 am
Location: Hasselt - Belgium

Post by Mr Euro »

Ok, for me!
smh
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 216
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 10:57 pm

Post by smh »

I was lucky enought to get a hit :-)

About two moderators voting a bill out of the list:
Okay, the month isn't over yet but i was thinking of the following, if someone marks the bill to be removed from the list it couls show up in a second list (only for moderators) and still remain in the main list. Once another moderator marks a bill in that list (or more, whatever you like the best) then the bill should be removed from the main list (and maybe still show up on the moderators list so it can be reactivated again if we found out the hit was real or if the majority decides that it has to come back)

Just my to €0,02

Sander
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

smh wrote: About two moderators voting a bill out of the list:
Okay, the month isn't over yet but i was thinking of the following, if someone marks the bill to be removed from the list it couls show up in a second list (only for moderators) and still remain in the main list. Once
Good idea but I think it wouldn't work because it would take every moderator an extra step to check that other list... what a pain. Doing it all in one list wouldn't be more of a problem. It's just that it would force me to add votes... (not that I can't do that... but... humm... let me think... actually, I think I know of an easy way to do that now :) But I am still happy with the way the list is right now so I don't want to change anything.

little secret : add &moderate=false to the URL of the list and see what we've escaped now :)
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

EuroBillTracker wrote: little secret : add &moderate=false to the URL of the list and see what we've escaped now :)
7 hits for a bill in just a few days... :!: :!: :!: :!:

O.
Finn
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:46 am
Location: Finland

Post by Finn »

First I have say I haven't been on the board much recently so I don't what has been discussed in other threads.

I'm not sure if moderation rules are clear to me, how about others? I had two hits on the list but now they're gone. It is true they were not necessarily real hits as notes didn't travel from hand to hand that much (they were new, uncirculated non-Finnish notes), but in my opinion they were real hits because a) they were not done to get hits b) it happened between two persons who don't know each other at all. I do understand it is very difficult for moderators to know what is real and what is not, my hits could be fake, but if that was the case they sure would have be done better :lol:

So, what is the criteria for a real hit? Geographical distance, time difference, how the moderators feel right then? What if I withdraw money from ATM next to a store, write down both codes, walk in the store and pay by cash. Then next person in cashier line gets my note and both of us go where we can use internet and of course enter our notes. There may be not big time difference and no geographical distance at all but still hit was honest in my opinion (but not necessarily that interesting..).

I know this is next to impossible thing to handle and keep everyone happy as long as there are hit-hungry people.
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Finn wrote: I'm not sure if moderation rules are clear to me, how about others? I had (...)hits could be fake, but if that was the case they sure would have be done better :lol:
Send me the bill serial by email and I will unmoderate them !
Finn wrote: So, what is the criteria for a real hit? Geographical distance, time difference, how the moderators feel right then? What if I withdraw money
Basically yeah... and since this is a human endeavor it is bound to have faults :(
Anyway, I think I'll send a mail to them to consider bills up to today to be ok and not to play around with them.
Finn wrote: I know this is next to impossible thing to handle and keep everyone happy as long as there are hit-hungry people.
Yeah... try that moderate=false thing and you'll see what's going on behind the scenes !

PS: Thanks for being cool about your bills ! Oh... and it helps if people write a comment about where they got a bill. Obviously it won't be moderated if it says "got it from such and such atm..."
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

EuroBillTracker wrote:
Finn wrote: So, what is the criteria for a real hit? Geographical distance, time difference, how the moderators feel right then? What if I withdraw money
Basically yeah... and since this is a human endeavor it is bound to have faults :(
Anyway, I think I'll send a mail to them to consider bills up to today to be ok and not to play around with them.
I think the criteria which shows a hit is false are:
- several bills are registered by the same couple of players. For instance the couple JYCCE/Mikaz (Finland) which had registered two bills in two days. It can't be by chance.
- a bill has been registered twice in less than 24h. It may be the same person with two accounts... or two friends.
EuroBillTracker wrote: it helps if people write a comment about where they got a bill. Obviously it won't be moderated if it says "got it from such and such atm..."
I agree!
It's also funny to know how a bill has been got, when you mark a hit or not. :)

Olivier
Finn
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:46 am
Location: Finland

Post by Finn »

Olivier wrote: I think the criteria which shows a hit is false are:
- several bills are registered by the same couple of players. For instance the couple JYCCE/Mikaz (Finland) which had registered two bills in two days. It can't be by chance.
Don't know if list is still actively moderated or not, and I don't want to play a netcop or anything, just noticed that bills U0x395155xxx and P0x863890xxx are from same persons. A used them in the same place, but different days, B magically received both on different days. Can it really happen I wonder :lol:
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Finn wrote: Don't know if list is still actively moderated or not, and I don't want to play a netcop or anything, just noticed that bills U0x395155xxx and P0x863890xxx are from same persons. A used them in the same place, but different days, B magically received both on different days. Can it really happen I wonder :lol:
That's de-jo... he told me it was a real hit. Care to say more de-jo ?
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”