Special Bills

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

DoubleYou

Special Bills

Post by DoubleYou »

Does anyone has entered a special bill (like a Vatican one or another little country)?
Skint
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 05, 2002 1:25 pm

Post by Skint »

This kind of note does not exist.
User avatar
rlaurenssen
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 903
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2002 9:50 pm
Location: Hellevoetsluis, Netherlands

right

Post by rlaurenssen »

That's right, they don't exist. There are even not any luxemburg bills as far as I know. :lol:

Rob.
DoubleYou

no specials?

Post by DoubleYou »

So there are no special bills??? Maybe someone has entered a special serial number then?
Skint
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 05, 2002 1:25 pm

Post by Skint »

What do you mean ? :?
TC
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:44 pm
Location: Belgique, Wavre

Post by TC »

do you think about a special serial number like :" z123456789" or u000009999"???
DoubleYou

specials

Post by DoubleYou »

Yep that's what I mean.
Stefan
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 8:37 pm
Location: Behind my PC in Zevenaar, the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Stefan »

I don't really think the ECB would print notes with that sort of serial. They'd probably rather go for something more unique than 1234567890 or like that. Heck, if I got a bill with serial 1234567890 I wouldn't think it was real...
May the Euro be with you.
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

bwah....
most people don't even look at the serial number of their bills...
Even I don't, except when I insert them on the site :)
(and when I recieve them I always check the countrycode)
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
K3lvin
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu May 09, 2002 1:16 am
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Re: Special Bills

Post by K3lvin »

DoubleYou wrote:Does anyone has entered a special bill (like a Vatican one or another little country)?
Do you mean something like this one:
Image
:D

Here's more info about it:
http://www.milliondollarbill.com/euros01.html
Pretty cheap, they sell those for only $18.50 ;)
User avatar
BossaNova
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 735
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 12:13 pm
Location: Brussels

Post by BossaNova »

Tiger wrote:bwah....
most people don't even look at the serial number of their bills...
Even I don't, except when I insert them on the site :)
(and when I recieve them I always check the countrycode)
that's true, and I've already entered a note with 4 consecutives 1s!

I think that was the funniest serial number I saw...
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

hehe :)
I had once a note with 2222x22
:D
and I've some with 000 in it. (2 or 3 I think)
Kinda cool :)
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
User avatar
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:54 am
Location: Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland

Post by airis »

I´ve got a bill with 2222.

Speaking about serial numbers. I once got two French 20 euro notes from an ATM. I entered the bills into database. Then I looked the serial numbers and noticed that only one number was different.
They must have traveled a long way together.
Well, I finally separated them. :)
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

airis wrote:I´ve got a bill with 2222.

Speaking about serial numbers. I once got two French 20 euro notes from an ATM. I entered the bills into database. Then I looked the serial numbers and noticed that only one number was different.
They must have traveled a long way together.
Well, I finally separated them. :)
I'd say the banks still haven't circulated all the bills. Did they smell or look new ?
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

I get lots of (almost) uncirculated bills....
My dad is a doctor, and many people go to the bank, getting some fresh bills to pay him.
So most of the bills I get are almost new, just 1 transaction made :)

In shops I get a lot more used bills, sometimes they are really rumpled...
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”