You are not logged in. Please do so.

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

Finn
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:46 am
Location: Finland

You are not logged in. Please do so.

Post by Finn »

It's me again reporting problem, I start to feel I do nothing but complain...

Does anyone else have difficulties to enter notes or browse your own data, e.g. view your own notes or account details? I get very often error message "You are not logged in. Please do so." and then a form to enter my information, when I refresh finally it happens, sometimes only one re-try is needed, sometimes almost ten. This has happened on two computers I've used so I don't think it's the computer.

Any ideas?
User avatar
francky
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 613
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 3:13 pm
Location: Marly la ville -Europa
Contact:

Re: You are not logged in. Please do so.

Post by francky »

Finn wrote:It's me again reporting problem, I start to feel I do nothing but complain...
. This has happened on two computers I've used so I don't think it's the computer.

Any ideas?
What's yours Browsers?
Francky [fr][en :?: ]
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: You are not logged in. Please do so.

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Finn wrote:It's me again reporting problem, I start to feel I do nothing but complain...

Does anyone else have difficulties to enter notes or browse your own data, e.g. view your own notes or account details? I get very often error message "You are not logged in. Please do so." and then a form to enter my information, when I refresh finally it happens, sometimes only one re-try is needed, sometimes almost ten. This has happened on two computers I've used so I don't think it's the computer.

Any ideas?
Well, one thing I just thought of is perhaps this happens when you click on a link that doesn't have a PHPSESSID=xxx in it, in particular in the stats page. Can you check ?
Log in. Go to general stats, click on one of the names in the top users in the past 15 days and tell me what it does
Finn
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:46 am
Location: Finland

Post by Finn »

Well, I went to EBT, I'm logged on automatically. I click stats and I'm not logged in anymore, stats-link has PHP... parameter. I do CTRL-F5 and third time works. I click Finland, no PHP..., I'm not logged, click back, click Finland, I'm in. After that all links on stats-page work.

My browsers are IE6 and IE5.5 with several updates installed.

Unfortunately this is not systematic enough...
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Finn wrote:Well, I went to EBT, I'm logged on automatically. I click stats and I'm not logged in anymore, stats-link has PHP... parameter. I do CTRL-F5 and third time works. I click Finland, no PHP..., I'm not logged, click back, click Finland, I'm in. After that all links on stats-page work.

My browsers are IE6 and IE5.5 with several updates installed.

Unfortunately this is not systematic enough...
Hummm... I can't see what could be wrong. This might be a PHP issue... If anyone has time to look into this, please do so !
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

The auto-login function doesn't work on my pc either...
When I login, and after a while close my browser,
the next time I come to the site I'm still logged in.
OK, nothing wrong, but when I click a link, I'm not logged in anymore !
So everytime, I first have to click a link, and then log in again....
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
Guest

Post by Guest »

Tiger wrote:The auto-login function doesn't work on my pc either...
When I login, and after a while close my browser,
the next time I come to the site I'm still logged in.
OK, nothing wrong, but when I click a link, I'm not logged in anymore !
So everytime, I first have to click a link, and then log in again....
Maybe a stupid answer like "my computer does'nt work" > "did you push the on/off button", but in this case: have you accepted cookies?
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Tiger wrote:The auto-login function doesn't work on my pc either...
When I login, and after a while close my browser,
the next time I come to the site I'm still logged in.
OK, nothing wrong, but when I click a link, I'm not logged in anymore !
So everytime, I first have to click a link, and then log in again....
Well, if you're tired of that you can always shut off autologin...
Finn
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:46 am
Location: Finland

Post by Finn »

I disabled proxy for EBT and it's been fine ever since, but can tell for sure next time I've entered notes. However, it was fine until 2-3 weeks ago or so with proxy too.
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

Finn wrote:I disabled proxy for EBT and it's been fine ever since, but can tell for sure next time I've entered notes. However, it was fine until 2-3 weeks ago or so with proxy too.
Yeah, I had the same thing with the forum !! It worked and then it didn't... no idea why. Now that it was upgraded it works again :)
So I'd say it has something to do with PC config or PHP itself
Finn
Euro-Regular
Euro-Regular
Posts: 168
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:46 am
Location: Finland

Post by Finn »

Okay, I entered four notes, all went in very smoothly. So it probably was the proxy I'm using. Thanks for help.
User avatar
Mauz
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 10:07 pm
Location: Tampere, Finland

Post by Mauz »

I have the same problem with the web proxy server randomly losing my login information. Like Export to a CSV file creates just the line "Not logged in or hack attempt", ouch. I guess I must nag our net people if they could tune the proxy somehow.

By they way, clicking Advanced when my browser decides to log me out gives the error message
"Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/eurobill/www/newlayout.php on line 37"
- could it be a bit more human-friendly :wink:
User avatar
Skylimit
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 985
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:33 pm
Location: Belgium, Izegem
Contact:

Post by Skylimit »

I have the same when working on some PC's (don't have it at home)
Time is on our side ...
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

what color is the background in those cases :blue or pruple ?
brunorodrigues
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 4:35 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Contact:

Post by brunorodrigues »

EuroBillTracker wrote:what color is the background in those cases :blue or pruple ?
I'm not having these problems, but this I've got to ask. EBT on Mozilla has purple background and looks rather ugly. EBT on MSIE 6.0 has blue background and the design I was used to see in both browsers for a while ago.

This started a couple days ago (by the time the advanced form entry was blocked). I also stated it on another topic on this forum without any reply (perhaps I am the only one seeing this on Mozilla)...

any relationship at all?


(This is not a mere CSS fuckup. I get different HTML by getting the front page with Mozilla than I get with MSIE. And if I save the MSIE HTML and open it on Mozilla, it still looks OK) <- THAT' S NOT FAIR!
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”