The Avatar History Page

Discuss here about everything but the Euro, but keep it decent. No spamming!

Moderators: Fons, Crazy Bob, Phaseolus, eddydevries, Bollivierke, Ord€p, Craft, Math Murderer

User avatar
Aaron
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 2097
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 2:05 pm
Location: Hämeenlinna / Finland

Post by Aaron »

Wouter1 wrote:bhoeyb, what is that? Some wizardry fire?
Hey, they are northern lights (aurora borealis). A totally natural phenomenon.
User avatar
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:02 pm
Location: Geilenkirchen

Post by Donald »

Gauss wrote:
Donald wrote:In April, after the April poll. Then we'll have 12 Avatars of the Month.
But do you have 12 slots for a poll? I thought there were only ten...
Well, 12 will be qualified, 10 can go. I have to figure out how to find the 10 lucky ones. Maybe by number of votes in the month they won, maybe by total number of votes. Should BogPoet get a chance? He got the most votes in total, but he never won. Maybe I should start a thread about this and ask you for proposals. This could be in February.
User avatar
Wouter1
Euro-Expert in Training
Euro-Expert in Training
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:12 pm
Location: Oegstgeest, NL
Contact:

Post by Wouter1 »

Donald wrote:
Gauss wrote:
Donald wrote:In April, after the April poll. Then we'll have 12 Avatars of the Month.
But do you have 12 slots for a poll? I thought there were only ten...
Well, 12 will be qualified, 10 can go. I have to figure out how to find the 10 lucky ones. Maybe by number of votes in the month they won, maybe by total number of votes. Should BogPoet get a chance? He got the most votes in total, but he never won. Maybe I should start a thread about this and ask you for proposals. This could be in February.
Do two polls of 6 = 12 months .
Or do two polls of 10 >>> most point gatherers are entered.
Want to know everything about German watches? JUST CLICK and go to the >>> GermanWatchesForum
User avatar
querty
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 999
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:22 pm
Location: Opitter, Belgian Limburg, Belgium

Post by querty »

Donald wrote:
Gauss wrote:
Donald wrote:In April, after the April poll. Then we'll have 12 Avatars of the Month.
But do you have 12 slots for a poll? I thought there were only ten...
Well, 12 will be qualified, 10 can go. I have to figure out how to find the 10 lucky ones. Maybe by number of votes in the month they won, maybe by total number of votes. Should BogPoet get a chance? He got the most votes in total, but he never won. Maybe I should start a thread about this and ask you for proposals. This could be in February.
And what are you going to do with the ones who changed their avatar, Donald?
Ah, look at all the lonely Euronotes. Where do they all come from? (The Beatles, Eleanor Rigby)

Carpe Ico
User avatar
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:02 pm
Location: Geilenkirchen

Post by Donald »

querty wrote:And what are you going to do with the ones who changed their avatar, Donald?
I see 2 options:

1) The Avatar of the Year will be limited to avatars which are in use in April 2004.

2) The Avatar of the Year will be determined among all the monthly winners as they are available in April 2004 (I hope that the avatar history page will provide most of these :roll: )
User avatar
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1497
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:25 pm
Location: Sint-Oedenrode
Contact:

Post by nodisch18 »

i have changed my avater. I hope you like him. Instead of the cow i have chosen for a flame. Maybe it will keep us warm in these cold and dark months...! :)
User avatar
Gauss
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1685
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 11:35 pm

Post by Gauss »

nodisch18 wrote:i have changed my avater. I hope you like him. Instead of the cow i have chosen for a flame. Maybe it will keep us warm in these cold and dark months...!
Somehow I guessed that you would not stick with your cow for a very long time.
User avatar
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:36 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by micro »

nodisch18 wrote:i have changed my avater. I hope you like him. Instead of the cow i have chosen for a flame. Maybe it will keep us warm in these cold and dark months...! :)
Good that you wrote it's a flame - it doesn't look like one at all :P
If it's a flame, how can the cap withstand the heat? :?: :)
User avatar
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 4270
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:58 pm
Location: Herentals - Belgium
Contact:

Post by bhoeyb »

micro wrote:If it's a flame, how can the cap withstand the heat? :?: :)
It's made of asbestos??
User avatar
BogPoet
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1249
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:05 am
Location: Loulé/Lisboa

Post by BogPoet »

nodisch18 wrote:i have changed my avater. I hope you like him. Instead of the cow i have chosen for a flame. Maybe it will keep us warm in these cold and dark months...! :)
Why, are you going to start flaming the forum? I sincerely hope not :lol:
Tracking (again) Image
User avatar
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1497
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:25 pm
Location: Sint-Oedenrode
Contact:

Post by nodisch18 »

Gauss wrote:Somehow I guessed that you would not stick with your cow for a very long time.
Why were you thinking that...?
micro wrote:Good that you wrote it's a flame - it doesn't look like one at all
If it's a flame, how can the cap withstand the heat?
I asked someone to make a nice Christmas hat and some snow. I fits nice with the time of year! :) The original can be found overhere
bhoeyb wrote:It's made of asbestos??
No it's made of pixels! :D
BogPoet wrote:Why, are you going to start flaming the forum? I sincerely hope not
:twisted: No, no, i will behave nice, as usuall! Image
User avatar
HNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1710
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:11 am
Location: The Netherlands

Post by HNL »

bhoeyb wrote: 3. today Image
Maybe it's too large :( ... who knows how to make a .gif file smaller?
Indeed too large. Try this one:

Image

:D :wink:
User avatar
!Pretfles!
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1693
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:20 pm
Location: Mechelen (Flanders,Belgium)
Contact:

Post by !Pretfles! »

BTW HNL you seem to be in Sinterklaas mood :lol:
My Flickr
Personal Blog
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
('.)_('.) webpage to help him gain world domination.
User avatar
micro
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1223
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:36 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by micro »

bhoeyb wrote:
micro wrote:If it's a flame, how can the cap withstand the heat? :?: :)
It's made of asbestos??
:lol: Okay, maybe...
User avatar
Donald
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3627
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:02 pm
Location: Geilenkirchen

Post by Donald »

!Pretfles! wrote:BTW HNL you seem to be in Sinterklaas mood :lol:
I like this concept of seasonal modifications to an avatar. Has anybody an idea how we can put this into the avatar contest? I want to stick to most of the rules, but I would like to allow for "moderate changes" or modifications of the avatars. What is a modification and what is a completely different avatar?
I judged that Vengaboys' Christmas avatar is completely new because it has color. Under technical aspects Vengaboys fundamentally changed his avatar, but the most essential elements of the picture are still the same. What is it that makes Vengaboys' Christmas avatar just a minor modification of his regular avatar?
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic Discussions”