Rare Euro banknote
- ye olde
- Euro-Expert in Training

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:28 am
- Location: ye olde Germany
first, I haven't the foggiest, why I was called Guest, but I can live with that.
Now more food for thought:
As far as N005 is concerned, I have another number, which makes no sense at all: Y08021 N005B2, which should be E3, in case they, the Greeks I mean, have not changed the system - but they have.
A+
ye olde (Eurolover)
Now more food for thought:
As far as N005 is concerned, I have another number, which makes no sense at all: Y08021 N005B2, which should be E3, in case they, the Greeks I mean, have not changed the system - but they have.
A+
ye olde (Eurolover)
- androl
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4318
- Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:20 pm
- Location: München (Myeenack, Mjuncken), Deutschland (Chairmany, Djutschländ)
- Contact:
no!!! you're correct!ErGo wrote:I think i made a typo. Don't be confused about this note!
your 6th digit is 0-5, right?
Fons, your 6th digit is 5-9, right?
Y080130-Y080134: I1
Y080135-Y080139: H1
...
Y080170-Y080174: A1
...
Y080395-Y080399: A6
then, from Y0804, we have the usual system again
so we still have a gap from Y080050 - Y080129
Joshu, a Chinese Zen master, asked a cow:
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
"Do you have Buddha-nature or not?"
The cow answered: "Moo."
-
bhoeyb NLI
- ye olde
- Euro-Expert in Training

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:28 am
- Location: ye olde Germany
The way I see it, N006 is quite rare - but N005 should be the real winner.Fons wrote:Yesterday I had N006 - Y08089
It's still here, should I keep it?
Your note is G3 I presume and the last digits will be somewhere between Y0808960000* and Y0808999999*. They should not be below the first number, as that sequence seems to be reserved for N007.
By the way, this comment is valid for bhoeyb NLI N006F1 note as well.
I would save it - if you do not want it, I swap.
ICU
ye olde
- ye olde
- Euro-Expert in Training

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:28 am
- Location: ye olde Germany
You are right.Fons wrote: Both correct
btw, I have 5 times N007, but these probably have a higher amount of possible printed notes, because they start with Y081 (4x) and Y082 (1x)
Apart from being used in charge 230 together with N006, N007 (N007 only) is used in charges 231, 232 and 233 as well, i.e. charge 231 goes from Y08110 to Y08144, charge 232 from Y08145 to Y08179 and charge 233 from Y08180 up to including Y08214.
Y08215 and higher is reserved for N008 onwards.
- alex77r
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 2282
- Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:24 pm
- Location: London Heathrow (UK)
- Contact:
@ giulcenc :
I know that Y/N 005 notes are very rare, Y/N 006 are also rare (but less).
But your note is a Trichet so I may be too early I think to say that it is a rare note. It is the first that have been found on EBT I think.
But if in one month, only a few people find them, it will confirm it is a rare note.
I know that Y/N 005 notes are very rare, Y/N 006 are also rare (but less).
But your note is a Trichet so I may be too early I think to say that it is a rare note. It is the first that have been found on EBT I think.
But if in one month, only a few people find them, it will confirm it is a rare note.
The Shortcodes List/Bilan des Codes-courts recensés - website on stand-by
User Control Panel>Board preferences>Edit global settings>(1) Sélectionnez le thème "Subsilver2" pour avoir une apparence ressemblant à l'ancien forum (2) Forum en français désormais possible!
User Control Panel>Board preferences>Edit global settings>(1) Sélectionnez le thème "Subsilver2" pour avoir une apparence ressemblant à l'ancien forum (2) Forum en français désormais possible!
- Licht & Feuer
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1749
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 5:44 pm
- Location: Im Osten des Westens der auch als Süden des Nordens betrachtet wird
- Contact:
Yesterday I got 2 uncirculated bundles with M-V Trichet
with a strange shortcode curiosity I've never seen before:
The 1st has serialnumber V085** and M006-shortcode,
the 2nd has serialnumber V086** and M006-shortcode, too
but every bunch contains one M005-printed bill (with the same plate-position than the M006s) around position 50 while the serialnumbers were all consecutive.
It was the first time I got unc spanish notes, has anybody spotted something like this before
I don't know that much about shortcodes but I would guess that by mistake or because the original M006-sheet get damaged a M005-sheet find it's way between them.
Does anybody knows more about such mixes and are these curiosities worth to keep
The 1st has serialnumber V085** and M006-shortcode,
the 2nd has serialnumber V086** and M006-shortcode, too
but every bunch contains one M005-printed bill (with the same plate-position than the M006s) around position 50 while the serialnumbers were all consecutive.
It was the first time I got unc spanish notes, has anybody spotted something like this before
I don't know that much about shortcodes but I would guess that by mistake or because the original M006-sheet get damaged a M005-sheet find it's way between them.
Does anybody knows more about such mixes and are these curiosities worth to keep
- giulcenc
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 8596
- Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:53 pm
- Location: Riccò del Golfo + Lerici (SP - Italy)
- Contact:
This appears very strange to me...
Do you confirm that the serialnumbers of M005 are consecutive with the M006 notes after and before?
(example:
from V085xxxx001x to V085xxxx049x
M006,
then V085xxxx050x
M005,
and then from V085xxxx051x to V085xxxx100x
M006 again, with xxxx the same in all bundle, M006&M005 notes)
Do you confirm that the serialnumbers of M005 are consecutive with the M006 notes after and before?
(example:
from V085xxxx001x to V085xxxx049x
then V085xxxx050x
and then from V085xxxx051x to V085xxxx100x
- Licht & Feuer
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 1749
- Joined: Tue May 10, 2005 5:44 pm
- Location: Im Osten des Westens der auch als Süden des Nordens betrachtet wird
- Contact:
Yes, exactly.giulcenc wrote:Do you confirm that the serialnumbers of M005 are consecutive with the M006 notes after and before?
(example:
from V085xxxx001x to V085xxxx049xM006,
then V085xxxx050xM005,
and then from V085xxxx051x to V085xxxx100xM006 again, with xxxx the same in all bundle, M006&M005 notes)
I still have the "triples" of both bundles here:
M006 V085****049
M005 V085****050
M006 V085****051
By the way, around position 080 there's another break in both bundles continuing with M006-shortcode but different plate-position and serialnumber but this is nothing special guess.
Regarding the machine-print on the banderol both bundles were packed the same day (22.09.06).
- ye olde
- Euro-Expert in Training

- Posts: 309
- Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:28 am
- Location: ye olde Germany
Hi Licht & Feuer,
I know, why I do not like EBT, but enjoy Eurotracer much more - the reason: You cannot work out any logical system in the controlnumbers, the way EBT shows them. I still find it stupid, not to tell a number, because you (I mean the EBT community) are so 'geil' to have hits. That is why your question is difficult to answer, but I will try.
Spain uses the first five figures of the controlnumber, to define the sheet position, i.e. the first ever number (theoretically) printed was sheet position A6 = V00000xxxxx* - and one sheet has ascending numbers going up to J1 = V00059xxxxx*. This by the way would be charge 1. Charge 2 would be A6 = V00060xxxxx* .... I1 = V00119xxxxx* and so on.
Usually, Spain uses one printing code for each charge, with the odd exception, which are for example charge 11 (V00600xxxxx* up to V00659xxxxx*), which was used by M001 and M002. BUT, and this is the big BUT, they had another system, using the codes. M002 was used for the numbers going from Vxxxxx00000* up to Vxxxxx79999*, and M001 was used for the high numbers of Vxxxxx80000* onwards.
A similar thing happened in charge 41 (V02400xxxxx* ... V02459xxxxx*) where M002 and M003 shared the same codes for the sheet position, only this time M003 was used for all numbers up to Vxxxxx59999*and M002 was used for the high numbers (again) Vxxxxx60000* and higher.
As here in EBT you do not dare to tell more, it is impossible, to really clarify your issue - but you may try yourself, to find a solution. Your notes may use three charges. Charge 142 (A6 = V08460 .... J1 = V08519), charge 143 (V08520 .... V08579) or charge 144 (V08580 .... V08639).
Maybe you care and let me know all your numbers, which I will not use to have hits - I do not inform EBT about my notes (although I have listed some 26.000+ in Eurotracer), but which I will use to possibly find a logical solution to your question.
By the way, just in case anyone interested in controlnumbers, to have more hits, all my numbers are available in full
in the database of ET. Just open 'database', open for example my file 'Katalog L Finnland' and you find all my finnish numbers !! Do you want German numbers, open 'Katalog X Deutschland'. I have no qualms in telling anyone my Euro-controlnumbers, because my interest are not the hits, but the secret behind the numbering systems - and this can only be done, once I have a true database and not numbers like V085xxxx049*, which are of no use whatsoever.
ICU
ye olde
I know, why I do not like EBT, but enjoy Eurotracer much more - the reason: You cannot work out any logical system in the controlnumbers, the way EBT shows them. I still find it stupid, not to tell a number, because you (I mean the EBT community) are so 'geil' to have hits. That is why your question is difficult to answer, but I will try.
Spain uses the first five figures of the controlnumber, to define the sheet position, i.e. the first ever number (theoretically) printed was sheet position A6 = V00000xxxxx* - and one sheet has ascending numbers going up to J1 = V00059xxxxx*. This by the way would be charge 1. Charge 2 would be A6 = V00060xxxxx* .... I1 = V00119xxxxx* and so on.
Usually, Spain uses one printing code for each charge, with the odd exception, which are for example charge 11 (V00600xxxxx* up to V00659xxxxx*), which was used by M001 and M002. BUT, and this is the big BUT, they had another system, using the codes. M002 was used for the numbers going from Vxxxxx00000* up to Vxxxxx79999*, and M001 was used for the high numbers of Vxxxxx80000* onwards.
A similar thing happened in charge 41 (V02400xxxxx* ... V02459xxxxx*) where M002 and M003 shared the same codes for the sheet position, only this time M003 was used for all numbers up to Vxxxxx59999*and M002 was used for the high numbers (again) Vxxxxx60000* and higher.
As here in EBT you do not dare to tell more, it is impossible, to really clarify your issue - but you may try yourself, to find a solution. Your notes may use three charges. Charge 142 (A6 = V08460 .... J1 = V08519), charge 143 (V08520 .... V08579) or charge 144 (V08580 .... V08639).
Maybe you care and let me know all your numbers, which I will not use to have hits - I do not inform EBT about my notes (although I have listed some 26.000+ in Eurotracer), but which I will use to possibly find a logical solution to your question.
By the way, just in case anyone interested in controlnumbers, to have more hits, all my numbers are available in full
ICU
ye olde
- Dakkus
- Euro-Master

- Posts: 4734
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:59 pm
- Location: No Helsinkiem, Somijas / Iš Helsinkio, Suomijos
- Contact:
Hmm.. Telling the first five numbers should - in my understanding - not cause any security threat, as the rest five (plus one) of the numbers would still be obscured, resulting to tens of thousands of serial numbers to go through in order to get a hit with a serial number seen in the note listing.
They would also serve all the same functions the current scheme (Axxxx1234xxx) has.
In other words, changing the number showing system from Axxxx1234xxx to A12345xxxxxx would apparently not pose any kind of a threat of fake hits.
Right?
They would also serve all the same functions the current scheme (Axxxx1234xxx) has.
In other words, changing the number showing system from Axxxx1234xxx to A12345xxxxxx would apparently not pose any kind of a threat of fake hits.
Right?
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
