Special Bills

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: Fons, avij, Phaseolus

EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Post by EuroBillTracker »

micro wrote:
airis wrote: BTW Have you noticed? Another user using name micro from Hamburg registered today. Shouldn´t nicknames be protected someway?
That's just me! I didn't register bills for a couple of weeks and lost my old username & password :oops:
I can give it back, just send me an email
TC
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:44 pm
Location: Belgique, Wavre

Post by TC »

lol if dad's tiger is doctor... i'm doctor...

and the bills i received aren't very clean...

but it was frequently 20 or 50 euro bills...

funny bills : Z 1222322xxxxx
TC
Euro-Regular in Training
Euro-Regular in Training
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2002 4:44 pm
Location: Belgique, Wavre

Post by TC »

hey Airis... you haven't yet found one of my bill i spend in Rovaniemi?

go to see in the christmas village ;o) and to the airport... there was 200 belgians doctors in congres who spent money :o)
User avatar
Sneakster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:42 pm
Location: Breda,The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Sneakster »

Skint wrote:This kind of note does not exist.
I'm not sure, but I think there were special notes issued by the Vatican
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Post by Olivier »

Sneakster wrote:
Skint wrote:This kind of note does not exist.
I'm not sure, but I think there were special notes issued by the Vatican
No, no. Only coins. The "bills of Vatican" are printed in Italy. :)
User avatar
Sneakster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1234
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2002 11:42 pm
Location: Breda,The Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Sneakster »

Olivier wrote:
Sneakster wrote:
Skint wrote:This kind of note does not exist.
I'm not sure, but I think there were special notes issued by the Vatican
No, no. Only coins. The "bills of Vatican" are printed in Italy. :)
Thanxx for letting us know. 8)
User avatar
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:54 am
Location: Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland

Post by airis »

TC wrote:hey Airis... you haven't yet found one of my bill i spend in Rovaniemi?
go to see in the christmas village ;o) and to the airport... there was 200 belgians doctors in congres who spent money :o)
200 :o and I haven't got a single Belgian bill or coin. They must have used credit cards. :?
Yesterday I was on arctic circle in that village. I managed to get my first Dutch notes. :D There were a lot of German and Dutch tourists and also some French, Italian, Belgian, Spanish, Austrian, Russian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian and Swiss visitors and a lot of Asians. It just hard to know what to buy. :wink: Well, a cup of coffee or an icecream is my usual choice.

Did you visit the Arktikum museum? I live near it. Today I visited Arcticum café and got 2 German notes. So you see, I'm still trying. :)
User avatar
emmem
Euro-Master in Training
Euro-Master in Training
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:02 pm
Location: Brussels
Contact:

Post by emmem »

airis wrote:
emmem wrote: I bet the difference was in one of the last digits (not the last because a bill never end with zero). Uxxxxxxxxx0x or Uxxxxxxxx0xx?
Right again. It was Uxxxxxxxxx0x. :)
Just thought of one last thing : those bills had they same printer code right? :P
User avatar
airis
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2002 10:54 am
Location: Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland

Post by airis »

emmem wrote: Just thought of one last thing : those bills had they same printer code right? :P
Yes, they had. :)
marie
Euro-Newbie
Euro-Newbie
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu May 02, 2002 8:31 am
Location: Belgium

Post by marie »

Olivier wrote:
airis wrote: Or do You believe that they were put into circulation first time here in Finland? Are the national banks mixing the bills allready? :?
I think at the beginning, the banks used their "national" funds. After the summer, there will be millions of notes in the south of Europe (Europeans usually go to the south for the vacations). A logisitic program has already been decided by the european central bank to bring back some bills to the north.
I am sure they will take the time to separate each bill and bring back the french bills to France, the finnish bills to Finland, etc...
The BIG MIX is coming! :D :D :D

I am more sceptic about the bills of 100€, 200€, 500€ ... I don't think they are used much. They won't move as much as the 5€ bills do...

O.
Last week I received 3 bills of 500 Euro : funny : 1 Netherlands and 2 Austria so... the mix is getting through 8)
friendly greetings :)
DoubleYou

specials

Post by DoubleYou »

Another serie of special serials:

P00980125417
P00980125426
P00980125435
P00980125444
P00980125453
P00980210548

P01430633908
P01430633917

P04012150015
P04012150024
P04012150033

I haven't had more specials...
EuroBillTracker
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:53 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: specials

Post by EuroBillTracker »

what's special about them ?
DoubleYou

specials

Post by DoubleYou »

just a little difference in the serials, that's all
User avatar
Olivier
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 3358
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:58 pm
Location: Evian

Re: specials

Post by Olivier »

DoubleYou wrote:just a little difference in the serials, that's all
I had the same, when I went to my bank for cash. There were lots of serials.. Now, it's more mixed.
I often have german or belgium notes in the ATM.

O.
User avatar
Tiger
Euro-Master
Euro-Master
Posts: 1072
Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 4:18 pm
Location: Heverlee, at 100m from Leuven, Belgium
Contact:

Post by Tiger »

Yesterday I got my first Irish note :D
My dad had it.

Now I've got:
1 Irish
2 Finnish
3 or 4 Austrian
About 10 Spanish
About 30 French
About 50 Dutch
About 20 German
and about 200 Belgian :D
Tiger : Dutch, English, French, German
Little Spanish and Italian
Trying Finnish and Japanese :)
Post Reply

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”