Christmas: Making EBT and waiters / waitresses happy

Euro tracking discussion in English

Moderators: avij, Phaseolus, Fons

Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Christmas: Making EBT and waiters / waitresses happy

Post by Asiamaniac »

Hello everybody out there! Maybe Germany is not the only country where there are TWO christmas holidays instead of one only. Well, imagine you will take the time to go out for lunch or supper or have a coffee outside and you go to a restaurant, coffee shop, ..., ... .
I can imagine very well that some of these places might get a problem with small change. Including the week-end there might be four days where the banks are closed and they have no chance to get small change or notes.

So, what about getting you an extra stack of 5-Euro-notes which you might spend during christmas and the following week-end? You will make the waiters, waitresses and the like happy and us, too.

Even on ordinary sundays some people are quite happy when I pay with 5-Euro-notes and they are grateful if they can exchange my small money (coins and 5-Euro-notes) into bigger notes.

And some more notes will be added into the database. :)

But anyway, happy christmas to everyone here. I feel very well in this forum and on EBT.
nodisch18
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by nodisch18 »

i have experienced the same thing, very often the shopkeepers are quite happy when i ask them if they could change some small note in to a few large ones! :)

Post by Guest »

...and we both are quite happy, too. :D Interestingly, however, is that shopkeepers here are a bit reluctant to exchange as they usually have got enough 5-euro-notes. But restaurants, bars, coffee shops or my hair-dresser are mostly grateful. Me, too.

Have a nice christmas and a happy new year!
Elmo
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Elmo »

One day I wanted to exchange some €5 notes at the canteen of my univer-
sity, and it appeared that the canteen only had a €50 note in the drawer! :roll: :twisted:
Before me somebody had paid with that €50 note, and thus had 'robbed' the
canteen of its change! The boy behind the counter was sooooo happy when I
wanted to exchange! :twisted: :lol:
Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are 'It might have been.' - Kurt Vonnegut
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Yea, small shops are usually the most grateful for getting small notes. The bigger ones usually have some reserve in the office so that they won't run out of their small notes instantly.

I once paid my regular 150km bus trip with a 10€ bill and she said it was her lucky day for receiving a 10€ note. I assume most people pay their bus trips with 20€ notes (or plastic), that's why those notes might be relatively rare. Some other day I was getting a haircut and paid the 20€ payment with 5€ notes, he seemed to be particularly thankful for receiving small notes ("we have never enough these small notes").

At the moment I have 7 x 5€ notes and 3 x 10€ notes in my wallet and I'm planning to spend them during the Christmas holidays in the small shops nearby.
bhoeyb
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by bhoeyb »

I've paid a new photo lens with 5€s (in the same shop I spent that Hit I have with the father of our French webmaster).
I've also paid with 5€s for my new battery for my Nokia, to pay for the Official Car Control (which I didn't pass :evil: :evil: :cry: ), ...
Blueman
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Blueman »

i bought two mouses (together 50 euro) and i paid it with 5euro notes :)
they were happy :)
Blue is the color that makes people wild!
Sneakster
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Sneakster »

Paid my contactlenses (€329) with notes of €20 and €10 :lol:
The shopkeeper was also very glad with all these smaller denominations..
Ganymede
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Ganymede »

Blueman wrote:i bought two mouses (together 50 euro) and i paid it with 5euro notes :)
What kind of mice were they?

This kind?

Or this kind?
I don't háve a life.
Blueman
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Blueman »

Ganymede wrote:
Blueman wrote:i bought two mouses (together 50 euro) and i paid it with 5euro notes :)
What kind of mice were they?

This kind?

Or this kind?
computermouses :)
Blue is the color that makes people wild!
Asiamaniac
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Asiamaniac »

avij wrote: I once paid my regular 150km bus trip with a 10€ bill .
I wonder very much if I would get here very far by spending 10€ only for a bus trip.... Probably not 150 km. Well, people say that Finland is expensive - they tell me so when I disclose my wish to make it to your home country one day. It is nice to know that some things seem to be cheaper than here. :D
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Asiamaniac wrote:I wonder very much if I would get here very far by spending 10€ only for a bus trip.... Probably not 150 km.
Let's get the facts straight -- I wasn't very accurate when I wrote that message. The trip wasn't really 150km, but something between 100-120km. I paid for the trip with a 10€ note but it didn't cost that much, only 7,60€. But that was with student discount, regular price would have been double than that, ie. 15,20€. Draw your own conclusions :roll:
Asiamaniac wrote:Well, people say that Finland is expensive
Is it a problem? We get to spend more notes this way :lol:
Ganymede
Euro-Expert
Euro-Expert

Post by Ganymede »

If I understand the info correctly, it is possible in The Netherlands to pay € 12,80 to use any bus all over the country. The reduced fee (students, 65+) is € 6,40.

And in summer there's the "Zomerzwerfkaart" - to wander around in summer - for € 8,50 (or € 5,60).

But then the country isn't that big...

(and I would prefer to take the car or the train if I went anywhere further than, say 15 km).
I don't háve a life.
Dakkus
Euro-Master
Euro-Master

Post by Dakkus »

You other people had this problem: http://julma.ath.cx/~siperia/rat_problem.png ?
Ko saka āboliņš? Pēk pēk pēk!
avij
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by avij »

Dakkus wrote:You other people had this problem: http://julma.ath.cx/~siperia/rat_problem.png ?
No, not even on Mozilla Firebird (tested on Windows and Linux). My FB version is 0.7, try upgrading if you're not running the latest version.

Return to “Site and Euro-tracking Discussion (English)”